Ended
Watch

E Squared (Emrys and Ermac)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    E
    Ermac

Capitol Garage had a rooftop. One that the I.T.brimos was able to reserve for private occasions.

As he invoked his will at home, he was disturbed to discover he was experiencing a surprising amount of interference with his Rote casting. This isn't good. By his fourth try, the Magic Shield took hold. Damn that was frustrating.

He arrived awaiting the newcomer.

Dice TROLLER

Emrys

PRE

The newcomer did eventually show. With sights up, it wasn't hard to pick the Syndic out even at his secret VIP section. It was always a bit nerve wracking, finding yourself alone in a new city, but hopefully after this meeting he would at least know one person.

"Hey." The Enchanter started as he approached the Theurgist. He wasn't exactly dressed up, but who wears a full suit to a coffee house anyway? "I'm Emrys, we spoke on the phone."

Newcomer extended his right hand to the Syndic.

24 hr Pot 3 Temporal eddies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-16 20:36:29 Emrys rolls 6 to Imp Temporal Eddies (Gno+Time+2 HS-2 Advanced Prolongation) (10 Again) 8, 10, 8, 7, 1, 3, 7 3 successes

E
    Ermac

A bespectacled man looks up, from his spot watching the young man approach. A slight smile appears as he sees the evidence of magic present. He nudged his cup of coffee aside and arose from his seat.

"Ermac, Syndic and Obrimos Councilor." The Theurge extended his hand in greeting, "Welcome to Sacramento, Emrys."

Emrys

PRE

"Thanks." Emrys said as he shook the Syndic's hand. "Counselor huh? Nice."

It seemed the Assembly was involved in the Concilium at large. That was good. Integration with the majority could help build some solid goodwill between orders if the lines of communication were kept open. Symbiosis with the Diamond could help everyone prosper.

"It seems like a good city, but out of curiosity, how have you found it during your tenure here?" The Enchanter shot a quick look to the seats before looking back to Ermac with a small grin, indicating the politeness was noted and he'd like to sit now.

E
    Ermac

Ermac gestured to the chair, "Let's sit down and discuss this," he then took his seat, awaiting Emrys before speaking further. "So far so good. I've managed to evade trouble for the most part. It's not without it's troubles that's for certain."

Where to begin was the bigger question. "I have information you will need to be made aware of." How to avoid scaring the hell out of a Mage he just met. "First I need to ask you a few questions. This isn't an interview or anything, it's just a conversation." Ermac looked the young man over, "Are you attending college right now? If so, where?"

Emrys

PRE

Emrys blinked and sat down, as a simple question turned into a rather foreboding not-interview.

"Um, I graduated two years ago with a Master's in Cultural Anthropology from Temple University." His tone made it obvious he was a bit confused. "What with the relocation and insomnia I've been in that 'figuring stuff out' phase, so between jobs too."

A nervous shrug "Why? Is there a Nark or something at one of the campuses?"

E
    Ermac

"Excellent," Ermac was visibly relieved. "First, congratulations on your achievement. Education is the best track toward a better job. Now, as for employment, I would be more than happy to help you. I'm sure someone in Consilium here has need of an extra hand or at least knows of someone who does."

It was necessary to keep Awakened informed. It was simply so frustrating having to do so on one's first meeting. "Second I beg your pardon for asking such a personal question. Unfortunately, there's no easy way of expressing this. I'm glad you hadn't accidentally stumbled into the wrong part of town."

A heavy sigh whistled passed his teeth, "Two serious issues at Sacramento State University. One, Banishers have control of the campus. Two, they may be responsible for pushing a street drug known as Glo. It's highly addictive to Sleepers and Awakened. Just steer clear of that campus and you should be fine."

Emrys

PRE

"Um, thanks." The Enchanter's fingers interlock as his hands come to rest on the table. He was rather obviously confused as to where this was going.

A shrug indicated he didn't mind the question, and finally news of Banishers and Glo came about. "Well I guess I'll stay away from the campus then." Emrys quirked a smile and leaned back in his seat. "As for employment, I think I can manage on my own. I got a few ideas bouncing around, but nothing definite yet. Gotta get some research done."

"So, is there anything I can do to help? With, well, any of it?" The Enchanter looked somewhat anxiously again at the Syndic. "I have some experience with Time and Space if it'd help."

E
    Ermac

The Syndic felt a pang of guilt over having to inform a new arrival of the two most pressing threats to Consilium. As Aquinas told him and the Councilors, it would not be easy.

"I'm grateful for your interest." A small smile raised as the Acanthus offered assistance, "Space and Time. That will definitely be appreciated." How fortunate for the Assembly. What they lacked in Path diversity, they made up for with knowledge of Arcana. "I can't wait for you to meet the rest of the freakouts in December. This will give us a chance to discuss our individual progress and amendments to the Lex."

Speaking of the law, the Obrimos retrieved a copy from his laptop bag. "I know I'm throwing a ton of information at you. Please bear with me. Unfortunately, as timing would so have it, we're in the midst of great changes. In due time, things will stabilize." He placed the legal document on the table. "This is the local Lex. Naturally knowing the local laws is half the battle."

He paused allowing the Acanthus time to process his words. Ermac smiled widely, "This is an opportunity for you. I am interested in hearing your thoughts. The Council will be meeting in December to discuss the Lex. In January, we will present the amendments."

Emrys

PRE

Homework? Really?

"Sure." Emrys smiled, albeit not very convincingly. I'll look through it and see what I can offer before the Assembly. If your the Theurgist Counselor it might be best to have the other Syndic present any thoughts the Assembly might have though. Separate Order and Path for this particular purpose in January."

The Enchater shrugged, sliding the block of legal documents to the side. He was not going through that whole thing right that instant. "Thanks for the opportunity though. Periods of change are always the greatest periods for opportunity. I look forward to talking to the other Freakouts, get things together and see what opportunities we can grab together and individually."

The smile turned a bit more honest at the mention of other Libertines, and the promise of opportunity within the community. Emrys just had to not blow it when it came knocking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.