Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
(1411) Something wicked (Acanthus)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Miach

PRE

So it all fell under the general rule of "don't be dumb, and don't be an asshole"... Can do. Miach thought idly while Pepper was thankfully putting it plain for them. And she had even brought cappuccino. That girl was rising even further in the doctor's opinion.

J

Right, and that's the gist of why Telos threw it out and told us to start smart. Going and starting with the basic Gold Laws is what really needs to be done. If we need to add things to Silver Laws for the good of the city we will. But there needs to be a reason for it. My basic goal for when the councilors all meet soon is for us to get to the basics. So that we can move quickly through what we need to do to protect those that are part of the city."

She flips her book closed. She knows what's in it, and she knows how terrible it is. It really does boil down to hitting the reset button. Too much sludge and mistakes in the wrong direction leaves the city buried in meaningless 'law'. She wants to see a sleek and efficient council dealing with the day to day of the city. It's difficult enough to get people to agree on the basics that all the extra stuff just serves to drag them down and leave them bickering about stupid shit.

Recognition is the only way for us to know who's part of the city. I mean really if you've come through any other consilium in your past, these are things that are basic and recognized as necessary. So Telos has given us the opportunity to hit the reset button on all the garbage that Avalon's term left us. If anyone has any specific needs, we can talk about adding them to the Silver Laws. Just hit up myself and Pepper with what you need and that way when I take it to the Council it can be in a state where we won't need to do any rewriting."

I'll give this 48 hours and then close this thread. It's starting to drag and now that we have the info from Telos (thanks Casitive ), there's not much reason to drag it out further. Nous is available to discuss anything that you might want as a Silver law.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye nods as she listens to both Pepper and Nous. Things seemed pretty straight forward and she didn't foresee any issues with abiding by them.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Great. So if there's no objections or further questions, it might be time to finish meeting. Emrys, you seem to have a handle on this already, I'd like to talk to you about possibly studying for a factotum exam next year, if you aren't one already. We could use more people who understand the Lex here."

Should we close scene?

Emrys

PRE

Emrys nodded to the response of the Counselor and Provost. The breakdown was helpful, but it seemed there wasn't time for it to matter in terms of this particular meeting.

"I've started studying already, but someone to study with and bounce ideas off of never hurt." The Enchanter smiled.

Making friends on your path didn't either, which is why he pulled out a pen and paper and scribbled his number down for the Provost. "Here, call me whenever you want to chat. Lex or otherwise."

The smile widened.

J

The coffee isn't going to drink itself, and further camaraderie continues until everyone decides they've had enough 'boredom' and heads out for the night.

Thanks everyone for coming. Contact Nous (Jhet) or Pepper if you need to talk to your council reps.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread