A Shadow and A Daeva

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She spent a couple hours online, looking through the various galleries around the Domain. Sure, there was the Crocker, but that was well known, she was looking for some place different, some place new. Finally, she found Gallery 2110, and what drew her in was the outdoor sculpture garden, and the resident artists. It was perfect!

She stood outside the building, waiting for Richard. This evening she wore black dress pants with a form fitting black shirt with gold lace detailing around her waist. A darker gold ribbon was also tied around her waist, accentuating it. She added a sweater that matched the lace, and paired nicely with her olive skin tone. Her hair was left lose and hung in soft waves down her back.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

SoraLow
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Richard shows up at Gallery 2110 a little past seven PM. Tonight he was dressed in all black featuring a sleeveless velvet vest and a pair of dark denim jeans. Around his neck hung two chains of his own design which matched a silver bracelet which hugged his wrist tightly. She had chosen the perfect location for Richard to enjoy their get together. A sculptor by trade and passion, he is always pleased to admire the work of another artist, especially those whom didn't have an eternity to perfect their craft.

He also looked forward to furthering the requiem that he had begun to establish with Daniella. He remembers being informed of her status within the Invictus from Martha, since then he had developed a much deeper appreciation for what that actually meant. Now the long winded titles seemed more important than ever. He would need to choose his words carefully however when on that particular subject, this place was crawling with Kine all moving from statue to statue snapping pictures on their cell phones.

He was greatfull that she had arrived before him, this way he would have the luxery of seeing her beast before having to approach to give his own a chance to come to terms with what he was walking into. With each step he could feel the tug on his neck that begged him to reconsider. By the time he reached her his beast was thrashing in defiance, now resulting to near panic levels of anxiety. Yet he was here, and there was no turning back now. "Good evening Miss Sage, a pleasure as always"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She smiles as her Beast rears its ugly head, demanding it be allowed to tear apart the weaker Beast.

“Mr Black, the pleasure is all mine! You are looking rather dashing this evening." she says. "Thank you for meeting with me tonight.” her tone friendly. “I’ve never been to this gallery before, but when I saw they had a sculpture garden I thought of you.” And she was looking forward to viewing art with someone who was an artist.

Daniella has Mask of Tranquility and emits no Beast
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Richard tugs on the openings of his vest as he examines the outfit for himself, "Your too kind" he says with a smile, "You clean up pretty nice yourself" he teases. Once again Richard finds himself taking in an eye full of the foreign flower. Her dark hair and tantalizingly smooth olive skin were mesmerizing. "Maybe one day something that I create will be showcased somewhere like this..I really wish I had any pieces complete to show off but I haven't been able to work on anything new since I came to this city" he admits.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She grins, “You think so?” she says, “Thank you, I do try.” She adds with a wink.

As he mentions his work being displayed she nods, “I hope so as well. Though I have yet to see your work, I am sure it is remarkable. Perhaps on evening you will do me the honor of allowing me to see it.” There had been plans to approach Juan, and that still stood. But there was something to be said for gaining allies among other Families. Perhaps she could help Richard as well.

Frowning, “I didn’t realize you didn’t have any pieces complete. I do hope you are able to find the time to work on your art. It is such a talent!” she always envied those who could create art. She gestures to the building, “Shall we?” she asks.

"Ah no worries, I'm sure that I will get a few pieces done very soon. I've heard that there is a thriving art department over at Sac U, I'm sure there will be a facility for me to work in there, its just a matter of convincing them to let me in, which shoudlnt be much of a problem." after all his families greatest gift was the ability to think for others especially now he knows that there a female working at the front desk of secuirty most nights. He would go there and spit a little game, surely he could buy himself a few hours alone to work. Richard smiles before holding out his bent arm for her to grab on to, "Yes, lets, I'm really looking forward to this" he admits.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“I do have some connections in the academic field, so if I can be of assistance, let me know.” She offered.

She accepts his arm with a smile, “Thank you, such a gentleman.” she gushed honestly.

‘The Main Gallery at Gallery 2110, Sacramento Art Complex is an elegant and spacious room designed to showcase every genre of art.
    There is a low, quiet energy that enhances the viewing pleasure and encourages contemplation. It is a venue treasured by artists for its clean simplicity.’

There were a few other patrons at the gallery this evening, each studying a piece of art. There were only a handful on the walls, but each held its own beauty. Seemed the theme for this nights display was ‘[B]Musicians of Midtown and Love Letters.’ Local artists had submitted their take on the subject. One that caught her eye was a stunning piece of a woman, but what stood out to her was the vibrant colors used.

Stopping in front of it, “What beautiful and stunning colors!” she exclaimed. “Not many artists seem comfortable using such vibrant colors.”

OOC

After she accepted his arm Richard leads them both inside to the main hall of the exhibit. Before even making it half way inside Richards spirits lift delightfully. As he surveyed the walls of the gallery and ponder over the techniques and inspirations which must have led the final result he found himself for the first time appreciating a minute form of comradery with the local kine. He was still the lion, and they were still nothing more than moving packages of meat, but on this night they gathered around the watering hole to indulge and be refreshed.

Tonight there would be a truce. "Thank you for your offer by the way, I will be sure to give you a call sometime soon about it" he answered in regards to her scholarly contacts. The truth was her offer sparked excitement in him. His nonchalance on the subject of lacking a proper studio was nothing more than a charade of confidence to hide his real concerns. If she were able to do anything that could assist with solving this problem he would be extremely great full but he knew better than to express that this early. Exposing ones greatest weakness wasn't as grave an error as revealing ones desires. It mattered not what you wanted, but how badly you wanted it. Information that could easily be a Daeva's (or any other Kindred for that matter) downfall.

"But we can talk about that later, I am very pleased to be here right now. Let's make it last." he said cheerfully. Richard stops to admire the piece that Daniella points out. He makes note of the fiery brush patterns used and for a moment tries to imagine his own work, a sculpture of the women stationed adjacent to the picture, a tribute to her in both dimensions. "Sometimes the absence of color conveys more emotion in the piece than even the most vibrant of colors yet I am curious as to the effect of applying such styles to my sculptures or at least the ones that have bodies." Richard teases,"I don't know, you tell me? D'ya you'd be creeped out to see a statue of your own head in more or less color?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“You are most welcome! I love art, and want to see it flourish, if that means pulling some strings for an artist, than I am more than happy to do so.” She sincerely said. Helping others was in her nature, any chance she had, she grabbed. “But I agree, this is going to be a wonderful evening!”

Her head nods as she listens, “That is certainly true. I’ve found the classic black and white to quite striking. Especially where some have been updated with hints and splashes of colors. Simple, yet exciting.” She says.

When the topic turns to a statue of her own head, she smirks, “I’m not sure, that’s a hard question. There is something to be said for the classic materials of statues, allowing the natural color variations to bring life to the piece. But what of a statue done in the classic medium, but with a splash of color. Like perhaps the eyes or lips? Something different that would draw the eyes of others in. I feel too much color would make something like a statue, which takes time and amazing effort, seem almost comical.” She ponders. “What do you think? You are the artist here, and I would love hearing your professional opinion on it.”

As the night continues on Richard grows more and more impressed while listening to Daniella evaluate the art on display. She claimed to not be an artist herself but still had a keen eye for detail, and she was witty. When he spoke to her to inquire her opinions he could tell that she did not give them frivolously. She thought carefully about what she was saying and delivered passionate answers. A curiosity had emerged within him which lead him to continually evoking her thoughts on subjects of art, "Truth told it's not something that I have ever tried in my own work, though ironically enough many scholars believe that ancient sculptures were actually painted quite often. Even some of the most recognizable are rumored to have actually been vividly colored when they were new. Over the years the paint withered and all that was left was the creators original stone canvas."

He had to admit that this was genuinely fun, perhaps the most fun he'd had in years, but it wasn't just the art that contributed to his good time. Daniella was proving to be excellent company as evidenced by the wide smile Richard wore on his face while he spoke to her about his absolute favorite thing in the world..Besides the blood of course..

"For me I've always sculpted in either all black, or all white. I feel as though there is a level of honesty in it. Let's say I sculpted a piece in someones likeness. I strip away your shell, your mask, the facade you put on for the world and what is left? Not just a statue of you. But a statue of the rawest form of yourself without the distraction of regalia." Richard spreads his lips into a coy grin as he tags on another revelation to the end of his musing "which is also why I prefer to continue the tradition of sculpting my models nude when ever possible."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread