Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Gaining Focus

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

West

A worthy path always demands great sacrifice. Something that Andrey said to him once, no doubt plagiarizing some great philosopher. Or maybe some movie: you could never tell with his Sire and his eclectic field of interests.

Anyway, the phrase has some truth to it. The Japanese divide the man's world into two parts: the small world, consisting of things that a man cares about personally and the Great World, consisting of the man's Work and Purpose. A balance between the two is hard to find and it is individual for every person.

Michael figures he has come closer to his own in the last few months. Sighing, he takes another look at his immaculate suite and knocks on the door to the Prince's office.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Brownlee liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eventually, the door opened. More precisely, it was flung open.

A sparkle of delight and wide smile adorned the Prince of Sacramento's face; in the background, men wearing green warred with men wearing yellow over an oblong ball. Which explained the Prince's mood.

He was beginning to think he'd have to fly to New York and Dominate someone to get Michael Vick rostered as QB1.

"Doctor Redfill."

There was surprise, and hesitance, before Asa settled on the man's mortal accolades. They had, after all, taken considerable more time and effort than his recent ones.

"Good evening,"
    he added, stepping to the side and opening the door wider.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Forn Clakes, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

"Your Majesty", - Michael bows and walks inside. It is more than just a polite gesture, Asa Clarke certainly deserves utmost respect.

The mode of address is... unexpected but appreciated. It's true that titles themselves are pretty meaningless and his haven't quite earned him the respect they probably should. 'Doctor Redfill', at the very least, isn't empty.

Well, that's what time is for.

There is no point in beating around the issue. Michael suppresses the mortal habit of taking a sharp breath before saying something unnerving for the Prince's benefit. He might be a fledgling compared to the man but there is no reason to show it:

"I won't take much of your time. I have come to you on the subject of Florin of which I am currently Regent. I'm afraid that filling Reeve Connery's shoes properly has proved to be more daunting than I hoped at the start. I feel it would be best for me to return Florin to your care with gratitude in order to serve the Domain best".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

6. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very well."

An unusual situation, for which there weren't any pat phrases to use. A surprise, but not entirely: maintaining praxis over anything was far more work and far less glamorous than most assumed. To hold land in and of itself conferred nothing but the right to put that land to purpose.

That purpose -- what one sowed, what one reaped -- was rarely clear.

"It is to your credit that Florin never required my direct attention under your care,"
    he offered. His head cocked slightly.

A second surprise? Perhaps more so than the first.

"I've appointed Chris Wooding to officially replace Bishop Connery."

Had Michael Redfill not heard at Court?
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael looks confused for a few seconds before he relaxes. A weight that he wasn't quite aware of lifts from his shoulders and he allows himself the small comfort of exhaling. He has been shouldering the responsibility because it was necessary but he was in no way ready for the job:

"Thank you for informing me, your Majesty. I have been more overwhelmed than I had realized: I will get in touch with Reeve Wooding immediately to update my duties".

The doctor is pleased with the Prince's praise and hesitates for a few seconds before adding:

"I would like to think that I leave Florin in better shape but the truth is that the neighbourhood could use more attention... There is a team of Kindred currently investigating a series of murders there, led by Edwin Bridges. A series of murders that are incredibly suspicious and bring attention to our kind. The Kindred in question have been promised Feeding and Tenancy in Florin as an encouragement to deal with the situation but that offer is now null and void since I'm no longer Regent", - he bows his head politely to Asa, - "I would, however, like to ask that they be rewarded with Tenancy in the Communal Hunting Zone instead since those incidents aren't a localized Florin problem".
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

9. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa considered the words for a few moments and gave a studious nod.

"Very well. Leave a list of the names with Cozette or Nika, and once this matter is resolved, it will be so,"
    he agreed.

Interesting.

He was curious who all would be on the list, for many reasons.

"Was there anything else?"
    he asked with polite curiosity. It wasn't a dismissal, but the man did say he was overwhelmed.

...and there was a game on.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

"Thank you, I will do so".

Michael bows to the Prince again, this time with a smile that is more sincerety than politeness. It isn't that often that you are presented with an opportunity for a clean break, so to speak. Transfer of responsibility can often turn... messy.

"No, your Majesty. Have a good night".

The doctor then leaves Asa's office, the load on his shoulders considerably lighter.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

12. Likes West liked this post
Closed Thread