Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(BN14) Lucy and Sam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    E
    ErlangShen

A deep baritone voice replied to the Fireheart, "Not in the slightest." The candlelight of his eyes flickered as if examining her. Hain did not move from the shadows. "Not afraid of the darkness, are you?" The glowing head of the Lurker grinned mischievously.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy is a bit surprised to hear the deep voice. She's not sure what she expected, but not this.

She smiles as he puts the stuff that she was carrying on the ground for a moment. Only to let her arms rest on her waists, completing her tough look. 'I don't know, I'm not familiar with the concept.'

Darkness? I always bring light with me.

'Nice to have that non-fear in common, right? I'm Lucy,' she offers the man a handshake. The Winter Court might prefer to hide, but that doesn't mean it's afraid.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

E
    ErlangShen

The subtle bits of ash swirling around the Fireheart accentuated her presence. Oh I like her already. The pumpkin's rictus grin widened slightly seeing Lucy a display stalwart pose.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance Lucy," he replied before gripping her hand in his. It is neither bone-crushing dominance nor weak-willed feebleness. A firm grip expressing he felt the two were on equal footing. "I am Sam Hain."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

The Darkling Lurker will notice that Lucy is indeed quite capable of giving a firm handshake. 'Nice meeting you Sam.' She's not sure if it's just the fact that they both have this flame in their head, but Sam seems like a good guy.

'So,' she starts, playfully tapping her chin with a finger as she seems to consider some things, 'I hate to judge you simply based on appearances, but, am I right to think that you're the kind of guy that really likes Autumn parties?' She grins, reminding herself not to talk about how carving pumpkins is such a funny thing that people do during this season.

E
    ErlangShen

"You would be correct. I very much enjoy Autumn's parties." Hain replied amiably. "I love this time of the year. The change in colors, the cooling temperatures, the food, the drinking, the festivities, and bonfires..." All of which were very exciting to him, as indicative by his enthusiasm. "What of yourself? Which season do you enjoy most?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Oh I gotta agree on that one, bonfires!' Lucy actually makes the 'thumbs up!' gesture, but a teasing grin comes with it.

'Although I don't understand the people that feel the need to endlessly share pictures of brown leaves on the ground.' She shakes her flamey head, and one could swear more ashes fall from her shoulder, 'But then the 5th of November anarchy thing makes up for all that.' She laughs, before silently thinking about her favorite season. For just a second.

'I suppose I should say Winter? I don't know. I don't really have a favorite season. Then again, the coldest months of the year are one Glamour-fest for me.' She shrugs, maybe winter is the best season.

E
    ErlangShen

Sam grinned - all too widely - seeing that they had common ground with regard to fire. The Jack O'Lantern's candle-flame eyes shifted in a manner could be perceived as an eye-roll. "Oh spare me, I've seen it all over the news and Facebook." A sarcastic critique followed, "Thank you for posting no less than five hundred pictures of leaves on the ground. I was completely unaware that the seasons had transitioned."

A dark chuckle resonated from within the Lurker. "Ah yes, that's one hell of a celebration. Ever since that comic went onto the big screen, V for Vendetta re-kindled Guy Fawkes Day. Always a bit of panic each year."

The Darkling nodded, "A fine time of the year. Shorter days, longer nights. I find the Onyx Court to be a fascinating aspect to the cycle. Autumn is the onset of fear. Winter is the realization of loss."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy laughs, amused by Sam's sarcasm. 'Indeed, that's what I think. And it definitely doesn't prove of any photography skills.' She shrugs, sure she's no talented photographer, but she doesn't pretend to be one.

The Fireheart agrees, 'It changes from place to place of course. This seems like a rather peaceful event,' she looks around, with a playful grin, as if she could change that any minute.

Not that she would.

'Oh really? I never realized that.' She jokes when the Darkling tells her what her Court is about. 'But it's interesting, yes. Especially because people spend more time together and have a lot of fun, they're reminded of the ones missing.'

E
    ErlangShen

The Darkling gave a contemplative look, remembering when he had first arrived. His first meeting with any of Sacramento's Changelings was the memorial service to those who had fallen.

"Indeed. We ought to ensure the memories of others' passing do not go forgotten." He nodded once, "Despite my immediate "duty" if you will, I do try to spend time with the fellow Lost. I've found them to be a fascinating bunch. Naturally I'm a bit biased," his left candle-flame eye extinguished and reignited. A "wink" by all appearances. "I've found The Blue Note to be the best locale for our kind. I've no idea who runs it but I can tell you the music is good and the beer is cold."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

A moment Lucy is not sure if she's following Sam completely.

'You'll try to spend time with fellow Lost? I yet have to expand my social circle beyond those few Lost...' It's a sad fact maybe, but the Fireheart knows nobody here. And, dealing with people that don't share the same experience can be surprisingly hard sometimes. Especially for Elementals.

But she chuckles then, 'Although I gotta agree, aren't we all the most remarkable group of people walking around?'

'And the Blue Note, yes, my favorite spot already! Who would have thought? Normally I'm not into jazz, but I've already learned to appreciate it.' Before coming here, she never gave it any attention, maybe that's why. She offers a friendly smile, 'We should go together sometime. If you find the time to take a break from your "duty".'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread