Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(BN14) Under the Balcony

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

“Terri. Hi; it's Daniel. We met at Edna’s that night with the Ministers but we didn’t really get a chance to talk.” Now that he was standing here about to ask Terri the question he had wanted to ask since he’d heard about her at the Summer funeral, he felt unexpectedly nervous and slightly in awe of the woman. The mists of his mantle dwindled and the vapor that remained was warm, as if it were steam wafting off sliced bread fresh from the oven.

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri had been looking at the bonfire with a mixture of trepidation and awe, having felt the effects of the destructive element full-force the night the Four Seasons fell. However now, despite her fear of it (a strange thought considering her understanding of the Ashen Court), Terri was slowly coming to an understanding of a part of the raiment she was undertaking - it would cost her and she would be willing to pay the price.

Betony may be able to assist me this very evening.

Her thought was curtailed by the arrival of the Darkling and the redhead offered Daniel a welcoming smile, turning her head towards him.

"It was definitely an interesting night," she chuckled before cocking her head. He mentioned the word talk, which gave her the impression he had something on her mind. "How're you doing, hun?"
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

“Good, thanks. Hope to learn a lot here tonight.”

“I’ve also been helping Morgan with her work on making a plan to defeat Fairweather,” he paused and gave a small sigh. Behind his regular calm and understand demeanor there was a hint of concern. He didn’t doubt Terri could see where this was going and he wished there was a better way to approach this but he couldn’t think of one. “We’re trying to gather information right now. And… well…” he lowered his voice so others would not overhear. He was treading on thin personal ice after all. “You were there.

“I understand if you if you don’t want to talk or even think about what happened that night. I know what it’s like being witness to death. But if you were able to talk to Spartan about what he found in Fairweather’s dreams, or recognized a contract the dragon used in the battle, or even how you came back from the dead; knowledge of those things could save more lives.

“Again, I know what I’m asking is a very bold request and I’ll understand if you don’t want to. However, even if you don’t feel comfortable talking with me, I’d still encourage you to talk with someone. Facing those sorrows might help you too. Hiding from sadness... it deadens something inside you.”
    The mists of the Darkling's Winter mantle swirl subtly.

Daniel’s half sad smile was still serene and the light of torches shone in his comforting dark eyes. He couldn’t have realized the flames flickering behind him had already roused memories of that night.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri remained very still as Daniel spoke, sizing up the Darkling with ever passing word, each one making her blood run a little cooler. A feeling stirred around her, that moment of dread when a person feels they are unprepared, when the world pulls away the rug, when the winter comes and there is not enough food.

This is what the Harvest represents and why Terri's friendly nature should not always be relied upon.

"Daniel, every night when I close my eyes, I see Spartan and Mr. Bates and all my friends who I have lost over the years, and you are quite right, I don't want to talk or think about it but I have to," the Beast began, pushing herself from the tree as gracefully as a snake would when sensing it's prey, "only not to you."

A pause as blue eyes bore into Daniel. Her face softens as her powerful Mantle fades in the heat of the bonfire's warmth. "Any rumour of my death were greatly exaggerated. I'm not some special snowflake that can avoid death's grip nor would I want to be. Life is something to be thrived, every single day a challenge on so many levels. You may wish to focus on the sadness but I will not because that means I have given in to my fear and Daniel, that is something that will never happen."

"Now, what I think is a great idea is that we put this little misunderstanding behind us," Terri said, smiling once more as she moved a step closer to the Darkling, her eyes looking past him to where Betony was sitting. She refocused on Daniel and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know you wish to help the Freehold, which is absolutely brilliant but I'd suggest you don't ask me about this again. Enjoy your evening, Daniel."

With that, Terri moves gracefully away from the Winter Courtier and over towards Betony Rue.

Terri exits conversation
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Daniel stood calm under what was probably the very least of dread gazes a former Ashen Monarch could give. Still, her point was made quiet clear. He would not be asking her again.

The look he returned didn’t hold disappointment so much as acceptance. In truth, he hadn’t expected a response much different than this. He had still learned from her answer. He lifted his hand in reassurance when she placed hers on his shoulder but she was already walking away and his touch was nothing more than a soothing graze of a raven’s feather.

“Terri,” he called softly after her, though mostly to himself “You too.”

Daniel returns to main thread

Closed Thread