Ended
Watch

Illustrating the Point

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Saeyer

Doing one last walkthrough of the store, Ava tucked a stray book back into its place on the shelf. The shift after Daylight Savings was still jarring to her, the early onset of night making the bookstore feel both cozier and more isolated, a bright nook on a mostly dark street. Still, there was something satisfying about being the only person there; not that that would last for long. She picked up this and that, reconfiguring displays and sweeping up detritus, biding her time until her guests arrived. The sign was flipped to Closed, though she didn't bother to lock the door.

It was a relief, to finally have this meeting set up. It had been one of those things she needed, no, wanted, to do for longer than she would like admit; one of those things that she thought about and then never acted on. Luckily, Green hadn't gone anywhere and Marcus hadn't lost interest, so no real harm done. Still, she would need to watch out for that in future; perhaps a planner was in order. While she wrote herself frequent notes in whatever notebook was closest at hand they were never in any sort of order, and often she found the same thing written more than once, neither one dated.

Since she was on the thought, she stopped by the front desk and picked up one of the strangely fancy planners, one of the few 'new' items in the store, and began to flip through it.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

At first, nothing. Then a towering shadow falls across the door. At first the giant Earthbones squirmed and pressed his face against the glass, one hand raised, palm up in a tentative wave. It took him a few more moments to realise that the door was, in fact, unlocked.

Green forced his huge, chunky frame through the door and closed it carefully. With heavy steps he crossed the intervening distance between himself and Beast Nix.

"Hey," his voice rumbled like an avalanche. "How you been? Am I early?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Despite the closed sign, the metalflesh doesn't hesitate to open the door and walk inside. After all, he had been invited.

"Alright, Ava... Green?"

Wearing black trousers and a gunmetal colored flannel shirt, Marcus holds a sketchpad and mechanical pencil in one hand as he closes the door behind him.

S
    Saeyer

Looking up at the sound of the door opening, Ava smiled reflexively and set the planner back in its place on the counter. "Hey Green! I've been alright, keeping busy. And no, I'd say you're right on time," she said, as Marcus stepped through the doorway. "Evening, Marcus, mind locking the door? Just in case." It wouldn't do to have interlopers wandering in.

Picking up her bag off the desk, she gestured toward the reading area in the back of the store, currently hidden behind several bookshelves. "There's a little more privacy back this way, if that's alright." Thinking it safe to assume that it was, she made her way back, leading them to a nook with several chairs, a small couch and a low table. "How are you both?" The question was asked over her shoulder, the warm trail of her voice hanging on the air behind her for a moment before vanishing.

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental nods to the beast and slides the deadbolt into place on the front door. When Ava leads them back into the reading nook, Marcus claims one of the comfy chairs for himself and places his pad and pencil on the table before him.

"No complaints. Keeping busy. How's the scrivening going?"

The metalflesh smiles and glances at the earthbones. He almost asks how things have been going for the silent arrow, but reconsiders when he realizes that Green probably isn't allowed to talk about it. Instead, Marcus just nods to the big man and turns back toward Ava.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Meh. I stay active. That sort of thing, yeah?"

Green plods to the table but he doesn't seek out a seat. He feels like standing - and besides, seated or standing, he is still too big.

"Marcus Evan. Long time. Good to finally meet." The mountain adds with a bit more formality, returning the nod. "We should do a beer sometime. Maybe."

S
    Saeyer

Sinking into a seat she made a good humored 'can't complain' sort of face and leaned on one of the chair's arms. "It's going pretty well, still means I get to read as much as my little heart desires. Useful things, of course." Heaven forbid people thought the Lady Scrivener read anything fun or silly.

Looking between the still standing Green, and Marcus, Ava tilted her head. She had forgotten they hadn't really spoken much before; if she'd remembered she would've handled re-introductions at the door. But, they didn't seem especially bothered, so hopefully it was fine.
    "Thank you both for being willing, and able, to come by. Time got away from be a little, but I'm still very much interested in getting the illustrations from Green's book transcribed, to accompany the text you've already provided me with." She nodded to the Earthbones appreciatively. "I was hoping we could iron out a plan, and, as Marcus suggested, perhaps figure out a pledge that would work for everyone?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus might look mildly, but still pleasantly, surprised by Greens suggestion.

"Sure. Anytime."

Listening to Ava, the elemental nods as she finishes.

"I'm sure that would be fine. What sort of pledge did you have in mind?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green's eyes flicked from Marcus, to Ava, and back again. There was a shrug in his voice but otherwise the mountain appeared unmoved.

"Sure. Sounds fair."

Marcus Evan

PRE

As Ava considers the details of the suggestion, a wry smile spreads across Marcus' metallic features.

"Despite what I said at the Fair, I do hope you won't hold me to too strict of a deadline."

Glancing at Green, the metalflesh considers the earthbones for a moment before continuing.

"In fact, I'm not sure if it would interest you, but I have tried to keep an eye on nearby trods and hedge gates as much as possible over the past five years. I'm guessing that you want to reproduce the information in this book because you'd like to know more about the local hedge. I can provide you with more of this sort of information. All I ask in return is for your help with proving... or disproving... certain theories I have formed about particular aspects of the Mask. I believe the Leaden Mirror possesses a bit more information about such matters than my own court, and I would be willing to share my knowledge of the hedge in return."

Marcus turns from Ava Campbell to look at Malcolm Green so that his fellow elemental understands that he is not necessarily being excluded from the arrangement with the Lady Scrivener if the mountain man believes he also has something to offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.