Watch

Hot 'n Cold Talk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Because Lucy usually spends most of her time outside her apartment, but at the same time she doesn't know Sacramento, and because she's not a park person - she's just drinking beer at the Blue Note again. To her standards she's casually dressed, yet with a nice pair of red heels to add some color to this whole winter scene.

Somewhere earlier today she hardened her Mask, but as it's probably near closing time right now her hair's on fire again. And she doesn't really mind. She feels safe, knowing that Harvey or the big Big Swilla might be around somewhere. Although they're probably bored of her by now. Not that the Elemental gives them a lot of attention, she doesn't want to be a nuisance just because she doesn't have a lot to do.

And she's not actually bored, earlier she had been browsing the web on her laptop in a silent corner. Right now she's reading a magazine about cooking and eating, to get some inspiration for the coming week.

Man, I really need to some proper grocery shopping.

So yeah, no complaining on her side. Though naturally, she's also hoping to meet more Winter Courtiers every now and then...
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Mask Hardened

Degnar walked into the jazz club, looking as disheveled as usual. Even if he had gotten a haircut not too long ago, it was clear he hadn't shaved in weeks and his hair was starting to grow back. The Tunnelgrub carried a duffel bag with him as usual, slung over one shoulder as he headed towards the bar. He greeted the staff with a single nod, keeping quiet as he walked over. Just as he was about to pick a stool to sit on, the Darkling noticed the fiery redhead in the corner.

Huh.

He had met her during the Fallen Fair, but they hadn't really exchanged contact information. Then again, its not like Degnar owned a cell phone anyway...so that would've been pointless. The Darkling hesitated for a moment, unsure of what to do next. Eventually, he decided that it would be rude to not say hi at the very least, so he walked over to the Fireheart.

"Lucy, right?" he said to her, his voice as monotone as usual. There was a chance that she wouldn't recognize him without the grayish skin and pointy ears. "Is this seat taken?"

It is very late indeed. However, Harvey gives a knowing wink to both Lucy and Degnar as he turns up the lights and helps Swilla usher the rest of the customers toward the door. Apparently, the winter courtiers are still welcome to hang out for a little while after closing time. The sun banisher will even serve them a few more drinks as he cleans up, but will otherwise pay no attention to their private conversation.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

The magazine is hardly interesting enough to be completely taken by it. So Lucy notices everyone coming in. Ah Degnar! Nice. She doesn't know him very well, so she can't notice the haircut. Not that she cares about the appearances of others much, despite of what you might think when you see the way she dresses. The Elemental simply wants to look good for those people who do value such things.

'Hey, uh, Degnar?' She greets him with a smile, yet there's hesitance as to whether he uses that name in public as well. He looked different of course, but the man's face is recognizable enough. Otherwise his voice would have given him away. 'No, not at all.' She quickly makes some room for him to sit, clearing the magazines from the small table.

'How are you doing?' She seems sincere in her interest, as she would be with any Winter Courtier.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded in response to her words. "Yup, it is me," he said, his upper lip twitching slightly as he did his best to smile in return. Such gestures were still somewhat unfamiliar to the Darkling, even though he had been working on such things lately. It was something an old friend of his had helped him with a bit.

The Tunnelgrub took a seat next to the Elemental, setting his duffel bag down on the floor next to him. He shrugged in response to Lucy's question, unsure of how to answer the question. "As well as I could be," he finally said, figuring it was an appropriate response. "How about yourself?" He paused after asking the question, doing his best to make eye contact, since that was something that people did when they talked to each other. "Are you getting acclimated?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

After Degnar sat down and replied with a simple shrug, Lucy can only do the same. They're Winter Courtiers, and even if they wanted to reveal more information about themselves, express their feelings and emotions, what difference does it make? They're also all Changelings, Lost.

'I guess I'm doing okay.' It's true, but all is relative. She looks around the Blue Note, it's surprising how many people leave early once the bar is about to close. It wasn't a busy evening perhaps. 'Although I'm still trying to find my own place, as well as the place of Winter in this city. I haven't seen many of us yet...'

She smiles, glancing at Harvey, the obvious Onyx presence here. 'And I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I understand, of course, that as a new arrival I'm not immediately welcomed with open arms. I'm already more than pleased that this place was relatively easy to find.'

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar listened to her words attentively, nodding every now and then as she spoke. "This is a place in which we gather," he said, making a sweeping gesture to indicate the bar. "It is in our nature to hide, so at times it is difficult to find many of us." This much was true, and he went above and beyond to remain hidden most of the time. "There's a decent enough presence here though," he added after a brief pause, considering the fact that he may have not met all members of their Court since his return.

"There's Harvey, Swilla," he said, nodding in the direction of the bartender. "Our Queen...also, Green, whose my buddy. I'm sure there are others as well." The Darkling offered another shrug after those words. "Soon enough it will be our time, and you'll meet the rest of them...I'm sure." He was still waiting for the opportunity to meet with his own Queen, who he had not seen since his return.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Sorry for the delay!

When Degnar speaks about the Blue Note, Lucy can only nod with a knowing smile. She's been at the bar a couple of times now.

'I suppose so, yes. But it is good to know we're not a small group.' She knows he recently returned to Sacramento, but he must have been around a while before that.

Green? 'Oh I haven't met Green yet. And I really hope to see the Queen soon.' she admits in a sincere tone. The Fireheart is used to leadership. She must know what their sovereign is like. Byeli must a be reason to keep herself in control. Although Swilla is impressive enough, actually. 'I'm used to a very strictly organized Winter Court. It wasn't necessarily much bigger than here, I suppose, but everyone had a very clear position in it.' Here, she just knows everyone's names.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded in response to her words. "Our numbers may have grown as well," he said, glancing over at Harvey for a moment before focusing his attention back on Lucy. "I have yet to meet all the new faces around town. Asides from the ones I knew before, you are the only new Winter I've met." He offered a quick shrug after saying those words. "I'm sure there are others though..."

"Green's a good guy. Big, silent type of fella," said the Tunnelgrub in reference to his motley mate. "I'll introduce you the next time I see the two of you around." For a moment, he considered that Smudge may have liked this Lucy girl, considering her...fiery disposition. She would definitely bring a whole new element to the molotov cocktail thing, he thought to himself, slightly amused by the idea.

Degnar nodded at Lucy's words. "Queen Byeli has always kept things very organized," he said in response. As far as he recalled, their Queen had always had all her affairs in order. "I'm sure that we will meet as a Court soon enough though."

10. Likes Forn Clakes, Dark Passenger liked this post

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

A smile appears, 'Oh there this one new guy, Rostam...' What's his name? The Elemental should really pay more attention to people's names. '... Ibrahimi, that's it. Quiet big guy.'

Then the description of Green makes Lucy chuckle. 'We're one Court of silent giants then?' Not that she would laugh too hard, Big Swilla is still around. 'But I'd love to meet him.'

She nods when he says they'll meet soon, not worried that they won't. The Fireheart simply wishes to know more about things before they actually do. Since Degnar seemed to have missed her subtle hint, she'll be blunt. 'So since you have been in Sacramento for a while, before you returned, may I ask openly if you held any Court position? I haven't heard anyone mention anything...'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread