Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(House of Cards) Judgment

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 2 (Hierach)

Stepping back into the chamber is the Hierarch himself, a confidence in his stride but his face is dressed in a dour expression. “We do not have time for training wheels for Councilors,” Aquinas states almost blithely, but a firm steel resounds in his voice. “You either do the work that is required of you, or you cede your position to someone who can.”

The Hiearch's attention finds each and every councilor, lingering on @Idun ( RockBane ). “You do not have to know everyone to do your job.”

He crosses the rest of the room and takes his position and instructs, “As soon as you allowed yourself to be second-guessed you lost your handle on the proceedings.” The Mastigos does not yell, but his firm voice sings of his disappointment. “You are each new and I expected some minor hiccups though nothing quite like that. Let what has happened tonight be a lesson for each of you.”

To Weavebreaker and Striker the Hierarch extends, “My apologies for how long this is taking. I had intended this to be finished but we have run out of time. Let us begin,” a nod to Avis agreeing with her. “We will begin with the first raised, Weavebreaker. You stand accused of breaching the Precept of Secrecy, you have admitted as such. It has been suggested that you take a Minor Penance. Do my Councilors have any other questions for the incident or wish to further speak to Provost Pepper?”

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper listened and squirmed under the tone of his voice. She couldn't help it really, she was remembering the last time her Dad had lectured her over something Disappointing. It was a very sudden pang of Nostalgia - she missed Briar, his lectures, the debates with him, the stupid arguments.

She shot a glance to Mace, to see if she'd had that same pang, then straightened her back against the wall behind her and slid her eyes over to Jonokuchi. The Acanthus Provost had to admit, she was impressed with how well he kept from flinching at his Cabalmates being here. She wondered how much that cost him, and if living up to those responsibilities was worth it.

Pepper blinked those thoughts away, and focused on any questions that might be asked. It was why she was here, right?

3. Likes Forn Clakes, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

You just got the rules, but you should know them already! Don't fuck up again! That was how Avis would have paraphrased Aquinas in that moment. Which, really, was not fair, and she'd recognize that once she had some time to reflect on it, but a part of her would always grind her teeth at the memory of that speech, and not because it was embarrassing or shameful. It was because she didn't like posturing, and that's what they were being told to do. The entire Consilium had just begun that day, and in her mind, that wasn't a bad time for questions or concerns, but it was because of posturing that those questions and concerns had turned so antagonistic. It was because the Courts of the Lie were full of injustice and oppression, and that bred a distrust that was hard to kick. Said distrust bred anger, and aggression, and that led to arguments and the loudmouths outside. If they were allowed to speak, maybe they could put said distrust to rest.

Or, maybe the loudmouths would be like Lycus: so wrapped up in their own Awakening that they practically became delusional. In that case, yeah, a certain amount of, well, authority would have to be wielded. Maybe that was the problem. She was still confusing authority with posturing. So, ok, maybe she wouldn't always grind her teeth at the memory. It all depended on the outcome of these two trials, probably.

"Ok, so here's the deal," Avis said, quickly flipping through pages and finding the Precept of Secrecy, which had been named as the victim. "Or, um, the summary, I suppose," Avis corrected, briefly looking up at the assembled mages and then letting her eyes fall back down to the shelter of fact on paper. "Weavebreaker harmed the precept of secrecy, due to accusation and her own words, and so the Charter suggests that we strip Weavebreaker of her Mana." The Warlock looked up. "That's because it was the use of magic that caused the crime, and the loss of mana would be a burden that would hopefully show just how much of a privilege the use of magic actually is, right? Is that the logic, there? Not having mana would force more subtle use of it, and for that time* the offender would have to think on how to survive without more powerful spells that might cause that same crime again?"

Assuming the time would equate to one OOC month.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

Striker straightened up, alert as the Hierarch blew into the room and made sure everyone knew who was in charge. Bloody oath, now things'll get done. The Australian's mouth formed a small grin as the Hierarch showed that not only did he have the biggest supernal dick, but he had the balls to go with it, something that made a good leader. Striker was still unimpressed at the counsellor's pussyfooting around, but Aquinas had put some fire under Avis at least and it looked like he was getting things moving.

Then the Shaman frowned at the mention of loss of Mana. Damn. That's more than an inconvenience. That's downright dangerous. I mean what do I do for the Arrow? Beat stuff up and heal me mates. Need mana to heal. Sure there's others who can do it, but if I can't. Damn. I'd feel useless. This was serious and the Australian's face reflected his concern as he wondered what the counsellors would decide regarding his situation.

J

Never late to the party, she's just on time again because a five minute recess means five minutes to this Acanthus, slipping in to what should be the time and place they render judgement away from the actual mob. Bags to be carried. Well, a bag. Purses are a burden sometimes.

"So I assume we'll render judgement now away from the actual mob? The tetragrammaton suggests what, a minor penance for the first breaking of the Precept of Secrecy? Or am I mistaken that that's the tradition and history that we're using now? I'd hate to try to decipher that pile of excrement that the city was operating under prior to Lictor Telos telling us that it's so far from right that she dumped the whole thing as unlawful."

She cannot help but shake her head at the whole state of affairs yet again as she takes a seat. Less formal, but more apt to get things done this way.

"So, I don't need any more information on the events that transpired in the situation involving Weavebreaker. Can we actually get onto the same page with what we're doing? Out with the old, in with the new. So, after we're done with Weavebreaker and Striker, we should, the five of us, talk about what we want to accomplish with this council."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper blinked as Nous entered in a whirlwind of words. Well, that was interesting.

She cleared her throat though, and gave a nod to Avis. "For the sake of helping you move on to better judgements, the Precedents in there are the old ones Lictor Telos wanted us to scrap. And yes, I'd say you're right about Logic behind that previous ruling. Though, it should be said... It's very specific for a Lex Magica, almost crippling so, and usually would be something like a minor Penance. Besides, I'm not particularly sure how you'd enforce that on an Obrimos?" having them swear an oath, perhaps...

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker listened, but there were multiple problems that she had to address. "While I have no problems converting my mana to tass and submitting to a oath, how will the Council proceed with the punishment for those lacking that capability? Who in Sacramento is capable of siphoning mana?" Weavebreaker made a slight hand motion to Striker as an example.

Weavebreaker eyes shifted between Pepper, Mace, Jonokuchi, and Striker. "Also, as this is a more private setting. We do have to go into greater depth into what happened that night." She wouldn't dare say any of this in front of the rest of the Consilium with how that was already turning.

"In pursuit of Ace Larson we became involved with illegal gambling, as it was the area the willworker was exploiting. Some who were vested in those illicit dealings, decided to come and forcibly collect Ace. They had multiple men enter the front, while they used a car to rip off the back door in the ally. Quite a few became involved in a life and death struggle with the men, and as I came in the front, Ace tried to escape the danger and chaos." Weavebreaker glanced to each of the others figuring they could offer a better perspective from where they were at in the bar.

"During that time, Pepper yelled for me to stop him and in the heat of the moment I attempted to reduce the friction of his shoes. Instead of just his shoes, it covered the area surrounding the entrance. Ace slid through, but was able to stay on his feet and move through the area. We were all able to evacuate to a safe location prior to the cops showing up. There were security cameras and there is potential that we may be wanted for questioning..."

Weavebreaker let out a sigh. "With what happened in the other room a punishment needs to be handed to me. The problem is there is no breach of secrecy. It is true that I casted a vulgar spell in an attempt to stop Ace Larson from leaving, but he was the only one who felt the effects. So if only he slipped in the area and people cannot see friction... Then what was breached?"

"I admit there was potential that it could have been worse and it is easy for me to look back now without dozens of armed thugs assaulting the bar and think of other things I could have done."
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

M
    Mace

Mace gave Ermac a smile as he sat down. "I'll tell you later," she said as people started filing in. She would, too. It was just that they had bigger things to deal with at the moment than her failure to adequately represent her Path. And it was her failure, because Bishop was a Moros. She should have instilled enough confidence that he didn't feel the need to speak up like that. She wasn't looking forward to talking to him about what had happened.

She'd just opened her mouth to respond to Idun when Aquinas walked in. That shut her up quick. She should have done something, anything, to get them back on track. The fact that she couldn't figure out just what that would have been was irrelevant. She should have been better. She traded a look with her sister. They were both thinking of Dad's lectures, though while Pepper looked nostalgic, Mace just felt small.

"Pennance can be service just as easily as it can be as drams of tass," she said to Avis. "And it may even be more appropriate, with all that there is to do." She shot a glance at Aquinas. While she wasn't sure just what he had planned for the Consillium, there was no doubt in her mind that he did have plans. And, as Nous said, it was time for them to start making their own.

Then she turned, and addressed Weavebreaker. "By your own admission, the spell crumbled under disbelief", she said. "That seems to suggest that someone saw it. Someone not awakened thought that it looked unnatural. That's the threat to Secrecy." She sighed. "I know it could have gone worse, and I am sure that there are much more blatant things you could have done. But the facts remain, and those are what we're using to render our judgement." Or at least what she was using.

She nodded at Nous. "Out with the old, in with the new. I suggest we find some service that can help us build a stronger Consilium. Whether that involves copying the Lex or not, we can discuss once we're all on the same page."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

His loafers needed polishing.

He studied the one size too small shoes as they Got Told. He didn't really dwell on it, whether it meant anything special, or look at anyone. Because loafers.

Growing pains. Rebuilding season. Expansion Draft.

Eyes flickered over to Weavebreaker as she spoke.

Sure, Guardian. But there was always Stuff and Stuff. Every one of his roommies had flung dirty. Did he feel bad about Striker? Nope. Stuff and Stuff. Reasons. Hooking up wasn't a Reason.

Penance.

So. Interesting.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Teeramus liked this post

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus slips in amongst the words. So many words. Perhaps they'd even shape themselves into something useful.

In the mean time, he would watch. He'd wended his way through many of the positions currently represented, and didn't envy any of them their tasks. Shouldering the burdens of a functioning Consilium was no easy task, especially when there were others who would have no part of that responsibility.

Page 2 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.