DISPLAYED
(1411) Crowley's Corner

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley chomped slowly on something tasty while he looked quizzically over Einstein and Truce .

"Okay. You start. Tell me a little about yourselves and we can move on from there."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein's hand shot up as if she was in class and trying to get called on by the teacher. "Oh, me first!" Her hand dropped back down and she started counting off of it, fingers extending and being tapped by those of her other hand with every point she made. "My name is Einstein -well, that's not my real name, of course. It would be wonderful if it was, but it's simply the shadowname I took...a while back." Not so long ago, really, she thought for a moment.

"I have a PhD in Physics, I just moved here from Chicago, I'm in the Free Council, but you knew most of that already." What else would he want to know? Einstein set her mind to work to figure it out. "I've been performing extensive research into the nature and laws of magic and I've made great progress, if I do say so myself." She preened for a moment; Einstein was clearly very proud of her research. As well she should be, as far as she was considered. Some of the conclusions she had reached were simply fascinating, and no lesser mind would ever have been able to make the leaps of logic hers had. Even some greater minds may not have been able to!

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Truce steps forward past Miach to speak with the Herald. The question has a rather broad answer, but Truce isn't about to tell his life story. "A little about myself? Well, alright. I'm an Apostate, not affiliated with any of the Pentacle's Orders just yet. I've found a place to stay in the city, but I don't wish to cause a problem if that was presumptuous of me. My background, as I mentioned is of the Moros Path, and I'm also a student of Sleeper studies of the mind. Before now I've lived in Arizona. I've come to this city for personal and professional reasons. Is there anything more specific you would like to know?"

He isn't quite ready to admit to anything that might reveal his true name and identity, though he's already said quite a lot. The relaxed mannerism of the Herald rather matches his attire. Truce wonders how such a person is able to perform the functions as an ambassador of the Consilium.

Einstein on the other hand has caught Truce's attention by the mention of a PhD, and in Physics of all things. Truce glances to the woman, offering a soft smile that someone else has an appreciation for Sleeper studies as well, though it is a rather different subject than he is familiar with.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Miach

PRE

Miach knew the Herald's invitation didn't extend to himself, but on the other hand, perhaps those newcomers would feel better if someone else was sharing too. And he had already set his mind to spread the word about the Medstar's existance too.

"Welcome Einstein, Truce. I'm Miach, and a doctor as much for the Sleepers as for us. If you need someone to look after your health, feel free to call either me, or Idun, an associate." he said, fetching a couple of cards in his suit. They were white, with a silver caduceus on the front, and a single letter "M" on the back. Right below it was a phone number in small curved letters.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Thats... interesting," Crowley admitted after a pause.

He focussed on Truce first. "You'll probably want to track down a dude called Jammer then. Don't know many apostates... what a retarded name anyway. Why not call it for what it is - you're independents? Jammer is the closest thing to a face you independents have. I haven't actually met the man. Never had the need but I'm told he hangs out at a club called the Rage."

He turned briefly to Einstein. "Well I guess you've already had the intro from the head guy already, huh? FC doesn't have a gathering place as such but we do have a habit of dropping in on the Byzantine from time to time."

He looked between them both. "The local Charter is in the process of rebuilding so you came at a good time, I guess. Things are kinda fluid, so if you want to make a name for yourself, go out and do it. The Lex is currently in review and the Charter is gearing up to tackle some nasty dudes who have a lock on Sac State, and who enjoy making life hard for us. We don't exactly have a guild hall but you could say that the Circle of Creation fits the bill as a sort of 'neutral ground'. Can't miss the place 'cause it looks like a medieval cathedral. I have a secret message network in the offing - so keep your eye out for band or club flyers. You'll know what I mean when you see one."

He winked.

"Thats the brief as far as things stand currently."

He tucked into his plate, watching the newcomers.

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

Einstein's Nimbus manifests as a light surrounding her, often covering up her features with its brightness. When triggered by her Vice, it takes on an eerie blue glow and seems to be coming from some opening behind her. When triggered by her Virtue, it manifests as an angelic glow about her, sometime accompanied by a halo-seeming thing above her head.

PRE

Einstein accepts the card politely from Miach and pockets it quickly, nodding along as Crowley speaks. "Yep, he gave me the whole rundown. Something about a get-together in December too." She pauses, pulling out her notepad and reviewing her notes quickly. "He also told me about the Sac State thing, or he gave me the majority of the information anyway. He also said some stuff about..." She flips through the pages quickly until she reaches what she needs. "...Glo? Yep, that's it. He pointed me at some people I needed to talk to if I wanted to help with that. Well, with Sac State, not so much with Glo. Do you know anything more about that?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

Truce takes the offered card from Miach with a respectful nod, "Thank you, I appreciate it." It is always good to have a contact in the medical field. Mental health isn't all that different. He would certainly call upon Miach to learn more.

Truce doesn't bother to hide his surprise at Crowley's mention of the Lex and of Sacramento State University. "May I ask why all the changes? And what sort of individuals is the Consilium preparing to 'tackle'?" At least his curiosity regarding Crowley is explained. The rigid traditional indoctrination must be set aside for practicality in whatever transition the Awakened community is undergoing. No doubt there's more to it than that, but Truce would not let Crowley's informal mannerisms diminish the respectfulness in his own.

Jammer, the face of the independents. A club called The Rage. Another I'll need to touch bases with at some point.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley did not skip a beat. "Change of management," he said. "If you like labels for your bad guys - try Banishers. There are probably other sharks swimming out there, but given the state the Charter was in under previous management, all they had to do was sit back and wait. Catch my drift."

It was blunt and it was truthful. Crowley was not one to shy away from such things. Another treat vanished into his maw.

"Don't know much about the Glo. Ongoing issue. Party drug of some stripe thats more than just a party drug. Sorry, I don't know much more than that. I haven't encountered any of the stuff yet. You could ask around though; maybe someone has a sample stashed."

Status (Academia) ••
    Occultation •••
    Einstein
    Nimbus

PRE

And there it was again. Nobody knew anything about Glo; it was around, but no one knew who was dealing with it, how to get their hands on it...nothing. And that made it a much more enticing problem than the Banishers everyone knew about and that a group was already handling. They probably already had that all figured out, or at least to the point where an exterior influence would only get in the way. But Glo...nothing. Which meant a blank slate to work from, and Einstein loved a blank slate. She was by no means an expert in the field of chemistry, but everyone dabbled a little in high school at least, and she had spent more time on it than the average person. Her mind was already starting to trace the steps necessary. Find someone who's addicted, observe their withdrawal symptoms and duration. Obtain a sample, poke at it, play with it, figure out what part of it was 'magic'. The guy, Miach, said he was a doctor, maybe he could help.

"Huh, nobody seems to know anything about this Glo stuff. Do you know anyone who tried to tackle it before? Anyone who might have notes or something on the stuff?" As much of a genius as Einstein considered herself to be, sometimes someone else's research could provide a jumping-off point for her own. She turned to Miach next. "Do you have any experience with drugs and such? I could probably use your help setting up a detox program if you do. It would go a lot faster with two people working on it."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"If there are any mental symptoms brought on by the addiction, I would be happy to lend myself to counsel such patients," interjects Truce. He knew it is rude to butt in, but it doesn't seem to be private anyways. "I'm also have experience in spotting the symptoms of such addictions." He would allow them to make of that what they will. The opportunity is good instance to become useful to the Consilium. Einstein has only just arrived and has already made a point to help out with local problems. Truce would have to stay on his toes keeping up to date, which meant making more conversation before the night is through.

Truce couldn't help but feel somewhat eclipsed by Einstein's bubbling personality and eagerness. Being unaffiliated with an Order, Truce felt suddenly very alone.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.