Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Welcome to the Jungle (4LG,2LB)

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

"She wishes to have her knife back." Blake says to Samson. He holds out his hand for the knife.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-12 12:58:47 Blake Flint rolls 5 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism + 2 (10 Again) 9, 4, 9, 10, 9, 1 4 successes

"What can you tell me of Noah's kidnappers?" He asks.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-12 13:00:15 Blake Flint rolls 5 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism + 2 (10 Again) 4, 8, 8, 5, 3 2 successes

2. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Rina, Richard, Blake, and Samson

Samson hoots and smiles and fills Blake's open hand with a hairy high-five. He says he likes the the knife, that it's shiny, and that he'll give it back after the questions and after the Vitae, of course. He holds up his free hand, fingers extended like a girl scout. Scout's honor, he promises before chuckling. Clearly, he's a bit restless, having been cooped up in a cage.

When asked about Noah's kidnappers, he stops smiling, frowns even, or maybe more. He looks angry. "Live man do, not dead man like you. Five." He holds up five fingers. "Noah many strong, but five man say they kill Missing Link and zoo animal if Noah not go. Them put wood in Noah chest. Them not like dead man. Them hunt for job." He beats his chest and shrieks, before sulking to a corner of his cage to sit cross-legged and pout. He slides Rina's knife across the floor, not having fun with it anymore.

Rina takes Richard into the first room they'd entered through. They find powder in one of the cabinets. Applying it to the dial pad, it's plain to see from trace skin oil that the numbers in the four-digit combination are 7, 3, and 2. Three has clearly been used the most. Rina remembers that they can try three combinations before lockout.

Samson says something about a stupid lady before chucking what appears to be a key card he'd been clutching between his toes across the room.

Bobcat and Verne

Verne and Bobcat make their way to the Primates exhibit, not stopping to talk to any animals along the way. En route, Verne does his best to replace the bone beneath the skin of his left forearm. "I honestly don't know who would have wanted to do this. Noah didn't have no enemies, really, except those that all Kindred have. He only met with a few Kine, some veterinarians he keeps in touch with. I'm not even sure who all knows we stay here. Before his abduction, I would have said I thought almost no one did. Did you? Now . . . now we might need another place to stay."

They arrive before the Orangutans. One large male swings from a suspended hammock sucking on his toes. Another keeps counting the fingers on his right hand. Verne approaches makes some noise, and then they join him before the bars. After some back-and-forth, Verne sighs.

The toe sucker, it would appear, will only give blood if Bobcat or Verne can beat him at play-boxing, three touches.

The finger-counter, it would appear, will only give blood if Bobcat or Verne can solve his riddle.

Verne says he told them it's for Noah, but they don't care. They're angry that Noah chose Samson as his ghoul. Samson, apparently, is bad at play-boxing and riddles. "Now what?" Verne asks.

Roll initiative if you choose to play-box.

R
    Rantifusa

"Ha! A monkey wants to outsmart us? Let's go for the riddle, Verne." says Bobcat pretty confident about himself. Stupid monkey. The idea of play-boxin was good too, but he doesn't know about how apes fight. They surely don't have the strength to hurt him but if they are just playing it could be tricky.

Rantifusa Finger-Counter gives a solemn nod, counts his fingers, and then trades words with Verne.

Verne translates: "Answer to riddle is word.

First Part. First letter of best food. Hint: yellow.

Second Part. Chimpanzee say ___-___, ah-ah!

Third Part. Lion try scare say 'Rawr.' Doggie try scare say ___.

One plus two plus three equals answer to riddle word."

Toe-Sucker rolls his eyes, sticks his thumb in Finger-Counter's ass. Finger-Counter covers his mouth to muffle his scream before engaging Toe-Sucker in a play-boxing match. Verne says his money is on Toe-Sucker, unless he decides to suck his thumb.

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat stares at the two playboxing apes, while he thinks.

Best food... yellow... It must be Banana, that's easy...
    Chimpanzee says... I guess it's uh uh ah ah
    And the last one... a dog says woof... the word must be.. B-U-W... that doesn't make sense, stupid monkey... oh, it's for scaring... Grrrrrr. B-U-G!

"The word is BUG!" he yells, and inmediately covers his mouth noticing he may have said it too loud, he repeats in lower voice "The word is Bug".

Rantifusa "Wrong!" Finger-Counter turns to say.

Toe-Sucker takes the opportunity to sucker punch him, knocking him out. Guess you won't be getting another riddle. Toe-Sucker says some things which Verne translates: "B-ooo-ooo-Grrr. Booger!"

Toe-Sucker picks his nose and flicks a booger at Bobcat by way of emphasizing his point. And then he realizes he'd done it with his thumb which had just been in Finger-Counter's ass. He falls into a fit of coughing and spitting.

"Ohh . . . booger," Verne says. "Good one. Guess we got it wrong. Now what?"

Roll initiative to box, unless you want to try something else.

R
    Rantifusa

Stupid monkey.

Bobcat growls and jumps to where the apes are. "You, come here" he says pointing at Toe-Sucker. "I don't have time to waste, let's finish this now". He looks clearly angry now.

initiative 2+4 = 6
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-13 17:25:31 Bobcat rolls 1 die for initiative 2

"He says he'll give it back after we finish questioning him and he's had his Vitae." Blake tells Rina, lowering his hand. I doubt telling her he likes it will soften her mood.

As Samson answers the question concerning what happened to Noah, he summaries the answer, "Five Hunters showed up and told him that if he didn't give himself up, then they'd kill off the other members of Missing Link and I'm guessing the Ghoul Animals. Once he agreed, they stacked him."

Then Samson tosses a key card across the room, remarking how stupid Rina is. Turning away from the card on the floor, he asks to Samson, "Have you seen them hanging around before?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-13 20:39:52 Blake Flint rolls 5 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism + 2 (10 Again) 1, 4, 9, 2, 2 1 success

10. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina snatches up the keycard, glaring at the ape. "And how does he expect us to get the Vitae out without a knife? I am not letting any of you use your teeth. The last thing we need is an addict who cannot control himself." The powder and all the work she had done to identify the numbers and note that 7 was used twice was apparently useless, though she hadn't noticed a slot for a keycard on the lock before. Maybe it was on the side somewhere. She approached the fridge, card in hand, and checked the lock over for where the keycard should slide through.

If I interpreted this correctly, things in this spoiler are what happens next. If I was wrong, disregard them.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

waiting to see if Rina's actions go through, it effects what Richard will do next

13. Likes Brownlee liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread