Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Welcome to the Jungle (4LG,2LB)

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina enters first, sees the giant ape gesturing, and immediately ignores him in favor of making a beeline for the mini-fridge. This was a time-sensitive operation, and Rina wasn't going to waste time trying to communicate non-verbally with some sort of addicted beast. There was no point, when one of them could actually talk to it. She waved at the creature for the other two's sake; maybe they needed everything writ large for them too, like Bobcat. "Talk to it, see what it wants in return for calming down. And do it quickly, I do not want to be in here any longer than is necessary. We do not know what kind of security they have set up to keep people like us out."

OOC: What kinds of bonuses or minuses are there for breaking into the mini-fridge? Is it a hacking roll or a lockpicking roll?
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Cabochard It's hacking, but you don't have the equipment. Roll Wits plus Larceny - 1 to know the following about this specific lock: The code is four digits. You get three attempts before lockout. - 2 to know that if you can find some kind of powder in the last room, applying it to the buttons might show where oil from human skin has contacted a number--this way at least, you'll know the numbers themselves but not the order. Samson seems intelligent enough that he might remember the combination if he's seen it. You can also try to break into the fridge by damaging the hinges. Or you can roll Intelligence plus Science to know that if you unplug the fridge, the samples will spoil by morning. The latter two solutions leave evidence of larceny and don't solve the problem of Samson still being present for another sample.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

-1 WP.
      2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-09 17:44:27 Rina Yui rolls 6 to Wits + Larceny - 2 (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 9, 3, 5, 8, 4 2 successes

Rina turns to the others one last time after examining the fridge. "Oh, and look around for some powder. And, whichever of you talks to the monkey, ask him if he knows the code. Tell him it is important, that it might save his owner's life." Not a lie...strictly. The fact that the people it would be saving him from would be her and/or whoever else was sent out to collect the Masquerade-breaker's head was irrelevant. It was the core concept that mattered.
    Aspect of the Predator

R
    Rantifusa

"You and the little lady got a thing going?" Verne whispers, big grin on his face. "Well, it's your lead now. I'll get you in the area--you want to get blood, we'll get blood. You want to ask some questions, we'll ask some questions. I just want to make this whole thing right."
    Bobcat scratches his head. "Well, I'm not really sure about what's going on. She thinks she is the leader of this group, and that's ok... Nobody else looks like wanting to lead this mission. But then, she goes one step further and thinks she can step on us... I bet she is a fucking ventrue, maybe an invictus too. They all have big sticks up their asses you know?" He answers, and then, almost whispering he adds "And nobody steps on Bobcat."

When Verne falls to where the giraffes are, Bobcat tries to call him without making too much noise, not shouting but making sure that Verne could hear him if he is awake.
    "What the fuck Verne? Hey! Are you ok?", but Verne doesn't answer. It doesn't seem like a high fall, he surely is hurt but cannot be hurt enough to lose consciousness. "Verne, I swear that if this your idea of a joke, you are a dead man", after saying it, he realize that he is already dead anyway... Then Bobcat waits for 2 minutes to see if Verne wakes up.

IF Verne doesn't wake up

OOC

Blake follows after Rina, following the directions Verne gave them. As they get into the building, he continues to stay close. As they enter the room, his gaze drifts towards Samson.

He approaches the cage and glances towards Rina. Then back at Samson, taking a moment address the ape, "I have some questions concerning Noah and then I"ll give you some Vitae, ok?"

It's likely that Samson understands English and sign language, not that he understands the signs. "I don't now Sign Language." He explains and then does his best to understand any sounds Samson gives in reply.

Likely too early for this roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-09 21:24:31 Blake Flint rolls 3 to Man + Animal Ken + Animalism (10 Again) 6, 7, 7 failure

6. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Well, Richard has no idea how to speak monkey although he could make a pretty good guess at what the dummed down sign language represented. Still though he decides to leave the animal handling to Blake and begins searching for some sort of power as Rina had asked. He takes a quick survey of the room and doesn't find anything on the first attempt. "Fuck...theres gotta be something like that in here."

Searching for powder / Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-10 18:46:13 Richard Black rolls 5 to Wits + Composure to search for some kind of powder (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 7, 5 failure

Rina, Richard, Blake, and Samson

Blake: It's not clear that Samson understands all of what you're saying. He does seem to understand the words "questions," "Noah," and "Vitae." He says something you don't quite understand, but it's clear by his body language--clapping and nodding--that he's willing to cooperate.

Post as many questions as you like, but roll Manipulation, Animalism, and Animal Ken for each, + 2 on rolls as Samson is intelligent, empathetic, and understands some words. For each successful question, roll the same to understand the answer I'll post in response, + 1 for his accompanying sign language.

Richard: You don't find any powder.

Roll Intelligence plus Composure (+1 Recent) to remember seeing some in the first room you entered. You can make a second roll (+2 Memorable) to remember how Verne opened the cabinet, otherwise it's locked.

Rina: Samson seems to like you--he presses his face against the bars of his cage to sniff in your direction. You're the closest, kneeling before the fridge, distracted. Samson steals your boot knife, smiles, and then uses it to pick his teeth.

Clepto
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-10 23:06:54 Samson rolls 8 to Steal: 3 (Dexterity) + 3 (Larceny) + 2 (Rina's Proximity and Preoccupation) = 8 DP (10 Again) 4, 8, 4, 10, 9, 6, 2, 1, 8 4 successes

Bobcat and Verne

Bobcat: "Yeah, I hear you," Verne says. As he struggles to his feet, you can see part of his bone protruding through his left forearm. Tons of spotted giraffe bucks at him, stomps her feet, snaps front kicks liable to decapitate him at the air in front of him. Verne starts making guttural clicking sounds--he's panicked.

Giraffe Speak
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-10 23:12:55 Vernon Lepke rolls 6 to Giraffe Speak: 3 (AnKen) + 1 (Anmism) + 2 (MAN) = 6 DP (10 Again) 9, 5, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5 4 successes

The giraffe huffs, calms--whatever Verne says seems to be working. He sighs as the giraffe leans down to lick Vitae from his fresh open wound. He winces, grumbles, and then climbs out of the pen . . . getting help from the giraffe, who kneels to be used as a step. "Don't say nothing," he warns Bobcat, clearly embarrassed by the whole thing. "We're almost there."

Verne loses 1 Vitae. No further stealth required. Animals that lay along the way to the Primates, which you may direct Verne to question: Giraffes, Birds, Otters, and Zebra. You may also go directly to the Primates exhibit, or elsewhere if you like. Map.

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat smiles "I won't say a word, now let's move, we lost valuable time here"

While they walk, Bobcat thinks about this mission, and then asks Verne "Between you and me Verne... do you have anyone in mind to blame for all this? Your coterie leader disappearing and all that... I mean, who do you suspect?" Bobcat suspects everyone, from the prince of Sacramento to Verne himself.

If I had to bet, I would say it was one of the members of the coterie. he thinks.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina turns to look at Blake, teeth clenched, and indicates the knife currently being horridly mistreated by the ape. "Tell him. To give it back. Or I will personally take it back. And he will not enjoy that at all." With the threat delivered by proxy, she turns back to the fridge. She could probably try to break it like this, but it would be easier to find the powder. At the very worst, she could use her blood's power to rip the door off the hinges, take the sample, and then simply...remove Samson as a problem. It was not the best solution, and more blunt than she would have liked, but Plan B always was.

Rina stood, searching around the room for some powder to use, since apparently Richard needed some help.

2 suxx to find some powder
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-11 14:42:52 Rina Yui rolls 7 to find some powder. (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 1, 2, 4, 2, 9, 10, 6, 5 2 successes
    Aspect of the Predator

Richard begins to smirk as he hears Rina's threat from over his shoulder. He didn't blame her for demanding her property back but still it was amusing that the ape had chosen to pluck something from the one in the group most likely to get seriously pissed off about it. Having not yet found any powder and unable to remember seeing any before Richard reluctantly stands aside and allows Rina to find the powder herself. At this point Richard is feeling rather useless to the completion of this job.

To remember / fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-12 07:44:55 Richard Black rolls 4 to Int + Comp (+1 Recent) to remember (10 Again) 1, 3, 7, 3 failure
       To remember (forgot 1 die) / fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-12 07:45:38 Richard Black rolls 1 to +1 Recent Die (Forgot on last roll) (10 Again) 7 failure

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread