Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dreamforged

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Maredrauga held the screen door open as he swung the backdoor closed behind him. He couldn't help but squint at the fluorescent porch light that was mounted next to the door that groaned shut. The light was more than just a annoyance to his eyes, it was a reminder of danger. One hand shielded his sensitive eyes, while the other deftly unscrewed the bulb, plunging the back porch to a darker state.

Maredrauga walked across the porch, as a old board whined softly beneath his soft foot step. As he moved to lean up against the white-wooden railing, his hand fumbled around in his pocket for his pack of reds and a lighter. He figured a smoke, or two, would be a good way to pass time while he waited for Sam Hain.

His eyes closed as he struck the lighter and puffed on the filter. Even the soft orange glow was more light then he cared for, but he considered it a baby step against his fear and it helped ease his nerves. Tucking the lighter and pack back into his pocket, he took a long drag off of the cigarette.

Where to begin...
    Maredrauga considered the question for a moment, but knew it would ultimately come down to a agreement...

E
    ErlangShen

Two candle flames appeared at the screen door, contrasted by the dark night's sky. The creature's face was illuminated from within by unnatural glow. "Good evening my friend." The sharp-toothed Pumpkin spoke in a sinister baritone. "I apologize for being late. May I come in?"

"Not my call, but I wouldn't see a problem. I am not sure if Betony is around." Maredrauga flicked the cherry of the cigarette off and into the darkness. He stood straight from his leaned position upon the rail of the porch as rolled the butt between his thumb and index. Once the butt was turned into a tiny little ball, he tucked it into the cellophane wrapper of the pack of smokes.

"Curious. How much do you already know about Dreams?..." Maredrauga stretched his legs for a moment, though there was a more pertinent question on his mind. "...And what makes you want to learn more?"

E
    ErlangShen

It was an invitation by any other name. The Lurker stepped into the enclosed porch. The Whisperwhisp appeared to be a pragmatic Darkling. "I have precious little knowledge of dreams." He admitted, slightly ashamed in doing so, "I only know of the popular folklore. Some Normals allegedly see future. Others can supposedly see ghosts, aliens and lizardmen."

Sam twitched his lips, his teeth clinking together one after the other in sequence from left to right. "As to why, I see it as another defense against the Gentry. Being multi-talented is critical to survival for our kind."

Maredrauga nodded his head softly, listening to the lantern's words. "Observation..." Maredrauga said as he crossed his arms, leaning back up against the rail. "It is one of the most important facets in my humble opinion. It is more than just seeing...it is also recognizing the feelings."

"The simple and safe way to enter someones dream is through a pledge. There are other ways..."

"Much like the contracts that we all deal in, there are loopholes to the rules..."

E
    ErlangShen

The Lurker nodded, "You're absolutely right." He inclined his head curiously as the Whisperwisp spoke. "You've sparked my interest already. I'd like to learn more about this."

"Sealed with a promise..." Maredrauga said softly. "We shall forge a compact for mutual travel to each others dreams." His eyes regarded Sam.

"What occurs in the dreams is intensely personal. I will have a glimpse into your inner-workings and you will have a glimpse into mine. We shall keep silence in regards to what we find in the recesses."

"Anything you would like to add to the compact?"

E
    ErlangShen

What could he add, if anything? Sam pondered the agreement. The mutual silence was greatly appreciated. The terms sounded fair. "I see nothing I can add to it. I'm certain it'll be...interesting for the two of us." He shrugged, "I am ready for whatever entails."

Maredrauga gave a soft nod. "The pledge is essential for all this to function and it is doubly so for future endeavors. Take your time to think of wording and initiate the compact."

Maredrauga tapped his finger on his arm for a moment before uncrossing his arms. "Pledgecraft is the first lesson."

Feel free to setup the pledge.

E
    ErlangShen

"When Winter arrives and until The Thawing of Spring, I, Sam Hain, hereby vow to keep and conceal what I learn from your dreams. If you return the favor of maintaining the secrecy of what you learn from me. Should one break this truce, the other shall be informed. The Forsworn's word shall be distrusted."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread