Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Acknowledgment: Bobcat

THREADID

PRE

After the Gangrel meeting had concluded, Tracy had asked Bobcat to stick around so they could talk about his intentions and what not. She had asked Roxie to use one of the empty rooms at the Seven Stars motel, figuring that it would be best to get straight to the point instead of asking the new guy to meet with her later. Her first impression of him had been that he had balls, but not much in the way of brains. He had stood in Dog's way after all, and had gotten a bit mouthy with the Hound of South Sac. It showed that he was willing to stand up to a bigger predator, or that maybe he was just too stupid and reckless to care about his own survival.

"So, Bobcat, was it?" she said to the other Savage, studying him with her emerald green eyes. "Why don't you tell me a little more about yourself, and what you are doing here in Sacramento." She wanted to hear more before making a final judgment, and also give the new guy a chance to speak up for himself.

2. Likes Brownlee, West liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

When Bobcat is led to another room, he thinks: What is this? will she try to put a leash on me? Good luck with that, bitch. He followed her, but made an effort to keep his mind awake, he knows nothing about this new priscus but in his time as a vampire he met many a manipulative bastard. Once in the room, Bobcat leans against a wall, he won't sit down, in situations like this one he likes to talk to people from a higher position.

"There's not much to say about me, I am what I do, and what I do is riding the roads"
    And fighting any bastard in my way Bobcat added in his mind.
    "After some time of that lifestyle anyone can get tired, and I'm here to put my shit together" This was true, but not entirely. He hasn't been a nomad for quite a long time, he is just moving away from some things he did, but that would make him seem weaker. "I'm staying in an old house in Citrus Heights, I'm planning to open a garage in there as soon as I can have a chat with the reagent there".
    There is silence for a few seconds, considering if he should say more, and then he adds "Now you know 'bout me, but I don't know 'bout you", Bobcat didn't want it to feel like a one-way interrogation, he doesn't like those.

PRE

Tracy listened to the new guy, paying attention to what he was saying. She had asked him to tell her about himself after all, so the least she could do was actually listen to the guy. I'll have to race him at some point, she thought to herself when he mentioned riding. The thought of leaving this sucker biting the dust brought a smile to her lips. "So, you are here in Sacramento, hoping to put down roots, huh?" she said, her gaze never faltering as she looked at him.

"You'll want to talk to Regent Brady about staying in Citrus Heights," she said to him, a slight frown forming across her brow when he mentioned that he was staying there. "Otherwise, she'll have you booted for squatting...and that may not be the worst of it." No one liked a freeloader, and while she had not interacted much with the cryptic Regent of Citrus Heights, Tracy figured that the woman likely had a feisty temper when it was called for.

It's gotta be the red hair.

A smirk formed across her lips when he asked about her. "I've recently returned to Sacramento. I was out on the road for about a year," she said to Bobcat in a nonchalant manner. It wasn't like she was gonna get into details about what she was doing, especially with a nobody who had just shown up. "I served as a Deputy to the Sheriff during my previous stay in this domain, as well as serving as our Clan's Whip...as I mentioned before."

Tracy paused after saying those words, studying the other Savage with her gaze. "So, you want to settle down and open up a garage in Citrus Heights," she said in a matter-of-fact tone, repeating what he had told her. "Why here? Why did you choose Sacramento?" There had to be more to the story, and even if this guy wasn't willing to tell her just yet, she was determined to get a little more out of him. "Who do you run with? You a Carthian?" she added after a moment's pause.

He certainly fits the bill...

5. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    R
    Rantifusa

When she asks about why Sacramento, Bobcat answers "Would you believe me if I tell you I closed my eyes, and pointed at a random place it the map?", he smiles. "I traveled the southwest for quite a long time now. I know almost every place in the west coast, and traveled along the mother road a thousand times. From all those places, sacramento just looked like a good place to stay. I tried to stay in Denver but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would."

"And no. I'm no carthian." He looks like he is going to say something else about it, but he stays silent.

PRE

Tracy looked at him in silence for a moment, eventually shrugging in response. "Sure, why not?" she said to the other Gangrel. Part of her was surprised that she hadn't run into Bobcat in the past, since she had spent much of her Requiem on the road, getting to know the Southwest quite well during that time. "You know, we have more in common than just our blood," she said to the guy, a smirk forming across her lips. Perhaps he would do alright here in Sacramento, if he learned to respect the pecking order and all that jazz.

"Look, I'm gonna be candid with you," said the petite Priscus. "Back there at the meeting, you didn't make any friends. That's not a good place to start when you are brand new to the city." She paused for a moment, her emerald green eyes looking right into his own. "Our Clan is known for its ability to survive in a variety of situations. Our blood's gifts help with that, and it is why so many of us end up as nomads. However, the viciousness of politics in an Invictus Domain are like nothing you may have seen before," she said to the guy, her words sincere.

"If you plan on sticking around here, you are gonna need to learn a few things," said the redheaded Savage. "You are also gonna need allies, so even if you aren't good at making new friends, you need to just fucking pretend, alright?" Tracy paused for a moment, making sure that Bobcat was following her train of thought. "With this being an Invictus Domain, there are certain expectations. There's protocol you need to learn and follow when you are attending Court and dealing with people who've got official titles. Personally, I don't give a rat's ass if you call me Tracy when we are outside of Court and away from the ears of the Invictus. However, when we are at formal gatherings, you need to refer to me as Priscus Burns," she explained to the guy, her gaze not breaking away from his as she spoke.

"I know it sounds like a bunch of pompous bullshit, but its the way Vics do things, and they are the ones in charge around here," she said to him, offering a quick shrug. "As Pricus, I am empowered to grant you temporary Acknowledgment within Sacramento. You will need to speak with the Seneschal, a woman known as Martha Villiers, in order to swear an oath and receive permanent Acknowledgment within the Domain." Tracy paused again, allowing for her words to sink in.

"Now, before I grant you with temporary Acknowledgment, I have one final question." She paused once again, a serious look in her eyes. "Who do you run with?" He had said he wasn't a Carthian, and by the looks of it he was no Invictus either. If the guy had no Covenant affiliation, then that was that. But if Tracy came to find out that he was in fact Brood, she would ash him in a matter of seconds without thinking twice about it.

R
    Rantifusa

Bobcat was paying attention to every word. This is not something he wanted to hear twice. She isn't saying anything new anyway... it's the same in every city, Invictus assholes trying to rule the world, ridiculous protocols... and specially fake friends, he knows a lot about those.

"An oath?... yeah, whatever... as you said, it's all about pretending, right?"

Then when she asked once again about afilliations, Bobcat answered: "I ride alone. For the likes of me it's hard to be tied to anyone else. I'm not part of any Covenant". She may notice that this is a particularly unconfortable question. She is asking a lot about it... she better stays out of my goddamn business. She doesn't look like a carthian, but you never know.... After a second he adds "And I'm not planning to be part of one", just in case she is trying to recruit him. "Now... This Martha Villiers you mentioned, and Brady. Where can I find'em?"

PRE

Tracy remained silent for a few seconds, not breaking eye contact with the newcomer.

"Not all is play-pretend Bobcat," she said in response to the other Gangrel. "The Oath may be an Invictus thing, but they take that shit seriously." She paused once more, studying his body language to gauge his reactions to her words. "You basically gotta give your word that you won't be a fuck up, and won't try to rock the boat while you are here. That's the gist of it," she added after her brief pause.

When he responded about his Covenant affiliation, or rather, lack thereof, Tracy simply shrugged in response. "To each their own man," she said to Bobcat, not really giving two flying fucks that he wanted to remain Unaligned. That was his choice, even if it turned out to be a bad one in the end. She had spent a good couple of decades without any affiliations herself, but as she had transitioned into a more mature Kindred, she had finally found a home amongst the Order of the Dragon.

"You can likely find the Seneschal at the Nox Populi. She's got an office there," said the petite Savage in response to his question. "I'm not sure about Regent Brady to be perfectly honest." The woman was a Shadow after all, and a complete enigma to her. "My suggestion to you is that you attend one of the upcoming Courts, where you'll be able to find at least one of them. Seneschal Villiers is likely to be in attendance, and she should be able to help you get in touch with Brady as well," said Tracy, still meeting his gaze as she spoke.

"Ya got any other questions?"

R
    Rantifusa

Finally thinks Bobcat. He has heard this little speech too many times I hope I stay in Sacramento forever, just to avoid hearing this once again in a new city. They should just say 'Behave and let the invictus own your ass'. It could be different, but no... no one has the balls to stand against the Invictus. Fucking bootlickers, the lot of them.

"It's perfectly clear, 'boss'. I shall behave" he says with a little smile. But they won't own my goddamn ass Bobcat adds in his mind.

He walks closer to her for the first time in the night. His beast is sleeping now, quiet. Bobcat offers a handshake and says "If that's all, I think I'll be seing tomorrow. For the hunt.". And unless Tracy has something else to say, he leaves the scene.

PRE

"Good," replied Tracy, a smirk forming on the corner of her lips for a brief moment.

"Then, I hereby grant you with temporary Acknowledgment within the domain of Sacramento." It was the first time she had uttered those words, but likely wouldn't be the last. Being the new Priscus, she only hoped that she could fill the big shoes that Dillon had left for her. Well, not literally, since that would be impossible.

"I'll see ya tomorrow night then," she said to the other Savage, offering him a little smile. "Until then, take care of yourself Bobcat."

End Scene

Closed Thread