8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

(All You Can Swallow)Question Spent
    PRE

Pepper stood with Mace at the front door of the Korean Barbecue, trying to spot Asp . She wasn't sure if the other provost and new Sentinel was in the parking lot yet or not, but hey, eyes peeled.

With Asp's positions, and being Zoey's friend, It was just time for them to actually sit down and have a conversation, instead of just passing each other by. Plus, Korean BBQ. Seriously, nothing like being able to cook your own meat to perfection, especially with all-you-can eat prices.

M
    Mace

Mace leaned against the door, looking out at the entrance to see where Asp would come from. She shoved her hands into her pocket, feeling the familiar length of wire coiled up in there. "She said she'd meet us here, right?" she asked. It wasn't that she thought Asp would be late, so much as she was hungry. And she wanted to eat. That's why they were at the all-you-can-eat buffet. Her stomach rumbled audibly. "Next time, remind me not to skip lunch."

A
    Asp

The Snakey Approaches.

Parking her vehicle just down from them in a Small Car spot, the young Obrimos strolled over to meet the other girls. Korean BBQ? When Pepper had suggested it, she was all about it. Asp was all about barbeque, although the notion of cooking it for herself brought a bit of trepidation. What was it Star had mentioned? He'd tried to teach her how to cook.

Maybe meat was like crepes.

She needed to learn to cook things that were more complicated than salad.

"Hey!" she said with a smile, giving the two women a little wave as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder. "How's it going, guys?"

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper waved back, smiling wide. "Hey! Things are going good for me, though a bit annoyed that it took me this long to make a chance to actually talk to you." At herself, largely. They should have done this a while ago. or something like it anyway.

M
    Mace

"Glad you made it," Mace said. "I'm starving," she said, repeating her earlier sentiment. "Shall we head in? We can catch up once we're seated." Okay, so maybe she had a bit of a one-track mind, but she was really hungry. The whole skipping lunch thing? Low on the priority list for things to do again. Really. THis time she meant it. At least until her next project was due.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper laughed, then ushered Mace and Asp into the restaurant so they could get a seat.

A
    Asp

Asp adjusted her bag with a little shrug of her shoulder, moving along with the twins into the building. "Nice to see you guys. No argument from me, man. I missed breakfast." Ask any Veiled Threat. When Asp missed even a part of a meal, her stomach let her know. She headed on in. "For three, please," she said to the hostess. It wasn't terribly busy, and they were seated immediately, a nice little booth with Korean decor and the barbeque in the middle just waiting for oil and priming.

"So, confession. I am absolutely horrible at anything cooking related. Please tell me one of you knows what you're doing with this thing," she said with a laugh, pointing at the grill in the middle of the table. Wasn't Mace a Moros? Hopefully she knew a thing or two.

M
    Mace

"Lunch for me," Mace said. "There was this whole project, and then class, and yeah time flies. So food's a good thing, I think we can all agree." She followed the others to the table, and laughed when Asp pointed at the grill.

"They do most of the hard work," she said, taking a seat. "They do all the prep, all you need to do is sit it there for a few minutes, and take it off when it's done." She gave Asp a smile. "If you burn anything, just put out the fire and try again." Because if Provost of the Mighty couldn't put out a fire, especially with fire extinguishers, water, and tablecloths on hand, they were in trouble. "That's the beauty of all you can eat. If it's too raw, put it back, if it's burned... toss it."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"And there's the Poke Test too." Pepper held up her left hand, fingers open and relaxed, then poked the fleshy part near her thumb. "This is how firm rare meat is." Then she connected her thumb and index finger - "Medium-rare" Thumb and Middle - "Medium." Thumb and ring - "Medium-well." Then Thumb and pinkie - "Well-done"

Of course, that depended partially on getting the meat over even heat, but hey, cheat sheet.

A
    Asp

"All right, nice," she said with a self-depricating little laugh as she connected her fingers like Pepper had, trying to remember.. "Because get ready for some flames like on Hell's Kitchen. Although, one time, Jack showed me how to make crepes, and that didn't lead to any fires?" Then again, Star had been hovering over her shoulder the whole time, helping... "I'm rapidly coming to the realization that I'm not good at domestic stuff."

Oh well. She'd long since realized if she ever got married, her guy had better be able to feed her. Asp had an appetite that would rival most great white sharks. The machine needed fuel.

"Class?" she asked, interest flashing as she looked to Mace. "What do you take?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread