Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Two Shells in a Shell

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    M
    Mace

Mace leaned back against the seat of the bus, closing her eyes. It had been a long day, and her ride had dropped off at the last minute, which means she had to endure a two hour public transportation ride. At least she was almost home, and could back to something that really mattered: Brainstorming on her latest project. She'd been in a funk lately, It was like the well was low, and there was nothing she could do about it. Except now she had to design something for her class. Which means she needed to forcibly un-dry the well.

She pulled out a small notebook and started doodling. Maybe the random lines would turn into something she could actually use.

Cayce Avis

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis climbed aboard the bus at its next stop, paper bag held tightly in one fist, her other hand disappearing back into the depths of her hoody, along with her bus pass. This wasn't normally her route, but she'd had a sort of errand to run which took her quite a bit out of her way. Especially due to the fact that her errand today wasn't anything close to one stop shopping. She'd had to track down the right store after several dead ends, but she'd finally found what she hoped would become her magical tool. Because yes, this Councilor did not have one yet. She'd never felt the need, never felt that sort of sympathy for any one idea, let alone an object, to base her Art around, but that had changed. The unification of intent behind a symbol had become, while not necessary, definitely more convenient now that she could properly bend Space, and so she'd finally chosen something. Something old. Something Iron. Something with sharp edges. Something she could also carry in public. It was an old machinists divider. A tool that was not only supposed to confirm the reality of the lie, but also to quantify it, and that irony was part of what made it fitting, in the Warlock's opinion.

Of course, that would be in the future. For now, it was just a pointy lump of iron. In a sack. And she just a person. On a bus.

Avis took the first seat she could find, glad to see that it was by someone absorbed in something rather than looking around, hoping to make idle, pointless conversation. Her mind was in the mood for wandering, not stupid sleeper speak.

Something about the woman's hair seemed familiar though...

The Tool to Be
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes West liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace looked up when someone, thankfully a woman, sat down in the seat beside her. It took her a minute to realize just who it was. "Avis, right?" she said, furiously hoping that she hadn't gotten the name wrong. "Mace, Pepper's sister?" While they'd been standing together, she figured that Pepper was the more memorable of the pair anyway. It was either that or reference Star's pantomime, and that seemed like a bad idea.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The look Avis turned on Mace was an oddly expressionless stare, as uncomprehending as a deer staring at a rock.

"Good to meet'cha. Officially,"
    the Warlock said after a beat, and a blink, extending a hand to the Moros. Cause yeah, she'd been really far lost in dreamland not to notice who she was sitting next to. To be fair, they had never officially spoken before, but she'd seen Mace around. Ya know, like on the fucking Council. Jesus. That was bad. But failure was just an opportunity to improve, soooo...

"Uhm, how are you, Mace?" she asked, letting a mask of nonchalance fall into place. "I'm really glad I ran into you. I'd been meaning to give you a call, but haven't really had a chance yet."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Mace

"Likewise," Mace said, taking the offered hand. "I'm good, keeping busy since we last saw each other. Was... was there something specific you wanted to talk about? Or just a chat?" There was a bit of nervousness in her voice. Was there something she'd done wrong?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Oh, well, I met your sister the other night. She gave me your number since we haven't, ya know, met before, even in our club, and I guess I just, I don't know, dropped the ball." She shrugged and looked down. "Um. Yeah." Her eyes flicked back up to Mace. "Just a chat, basically. Can never know enough good people, right?"

M
    Mace

"She told me about it," Mace admitted. "Nothing specific, just that she ran into you at the diner." She hesitated, not sure what else to say. "Yeah, a chat would be good." Cuz that wasn't awkward. Not at all. "So, what brings you out this way?" That seemed like a good starting point. They were, after all, both on a bus. They had to be going somewhere, right?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Errands," Avis replied noncommittally, a shrug punctuating the verbal evasion. A beat later, she seemed to reconsider her answer. "Well, I don't normally come out this way, but I had to pick something up and I don't like shipping things." There, that was more open. "You?"

M
    Mace

Mace started at the abruptness of her answer. When she relaxed a little, and added more, Mace let out the breath she'd been holding. She'd been really worried that she'd asked a horribly wrong question. Way to go. Not two minutes in, and you've set her on her guard. "My carpool buddy had something going on, so I've had to take the bus to campus. Two hour bus/train ride is not my idea of a fun commute." She let out a sigh. "Pepper and I have talked about picking up a car. Just haven't managed it yet."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Really?" Avis asked, brows furrowed in surprise. "I mean, um, I just assumed y'all would have one. I mean, Pepper's got a job, and you like tinkering with stuff, soooo." She shrugged. "I don't know, I know that's silly. Just speculation and all. But that's cool. Y'all totally should. I, um, I'm actually thinking of buying one too. Well, a van, actually, but it's basically the same thing. Do you know a lot about cars? The engines, I mean. They're pretty fucking amazing. It reminds me a lot of greek myths, except instead of stealing fire, it's like we're caging it. Taming it."

12. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.