Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(FF14) Haunters of the Buffet

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“Doing good. Keeping busy. Just got a knife from Marcus’s and bought a book earlier from Ava.” He held out the book so she could see the title. “Hoping to brush up on some creature knowledge. How about you? Settling in alright?” he asked pleasantly. She looked to be doing a lot better than the Summer. Maybe Fall was more her season. He considered briefly inquiring if she had given joining a court any thought but decided it was too personal a question.

“You doing alright there Green?” He looked at Green a little concerned and then eyed the punch suspiciously. The elemental seemed a lot more animated than normal. Had somebody spiked the bowl. Maybe Green had added some to his own cup for ‘flavor’. Every Winter had their own way of avoiding sorrow. Some chose to drown it. Still, Daniel would avoid the blood red liquid just to be safe.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"You two? Gotta say, glad so knives are fairly popular here. Marcus, you,and I got my own from Morgan. Maybe I should train with one of you. I used to be pretty skilled with a knife myself but that was before I had my Durance. Don't know how well my skills will have done now that my are better equipped to climb than hold a knife." Tessa got a glimpse of his book when he showed it to her, though it gave her a moment's pause. A book about ghosts? Strange reading material and she couldn't see what creatures he might be reading up on. Maybe he just liked ghost stories. She took another swig of her punch glass before refilling it.

"Yeah, I'm getting the hang of things for the most part. Kinda know my way around the city and stuff. Now that I know the surroundings better, I was thinking about getting a regular job rather than always looking in the newspaper for one. Plus there's some unfinished business I find I have to take care of. My Fetch is making trouble for me and I'd kinda like to walk down the streets again without hightailing it to the nearest alley when the pigs comes by."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

“I’d be happy to have a training session. I got to admit, I’ve never really fought with a knife before. I’m sure even with climbing claws you can show me a few pointers.”

”It’s good to hear you’re finding your stride. If you want some help with your fetch don’t be afraid to ask. I might not be able to help much taking it out but if you’d like me to talk with it or something,” he gave a small shrug and a smile that said he wished he could assist more “I could at least find out regular walking or bus routes, so you don’t have to duck in alleyways as often.”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green ambled closer.

"Um. Yeah. Now that punch is good stuff. Right."

At least he had the sense to leave his empty cup behind so it could not tempt him further.

Addressing Tessa: "I'm sorry to hear that. Them fetches can be a real pain. Most of the time."

Addressing Daniel: "Ah'm fine." He loomed, swaying slightly. "Whats the book about? Oh... I see. Yeah? Eh... you still looking into that flat. The one with the artist and the weird stuff goin' on?" The elemental found it hard to deduce social niceties at the best of times. Slightly inebriated he had no chance to temper his curiosity.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa liked the idea of sparring with him. The two in close combat, jabbing at each other with fake knives, giving everything they got in to trying to wound the other, furious footwork as they danced about in mock combat. ...Well, it seemed romantic to her. She shook her head to clear them of such thoughts.

"Cool! I'll see if I can't get us a time to practice. Maybe we can talk to Marcus about it, if you bought yours from him he might know a good place to go. And I'd love it if you could help me with my Fetch," she paused as she remembered Ava's words about being careful with her Fetch. She didn't know how it was like but it definitely seemed to be a wildcard. She recommended Tessa not to go after it and figured she knew what kinda thought. How much worse if Daniel went after it? Plus, with it being heavily involved with her criminal past, she wasn't quite sure if she wanted Daniel to know about what skills she hid beneath her hat. "But I really don't think you should. It's wanted for arson so I don't know what it's capable of. Plus, Ava said it'd be better if I didn't do this alone and I imagine it'd be the same for you. But if you could do that stuff with the walking and bus routes, I'd really appreciate it."
    /B]

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel noted the swaying and resolved to make sure Green got home okay after the Fair closed.

“I hope to, yeah,” he said in answer to Green’s inquiry. He wasn’t pledge bound but he’d made a promise to the ghost to return “but first I need to look into things. We didn’t go in there with a lot of information. Who the artist was or how he died, who sent Ramona to get the necklace, and I dropped the ball on how to handle a raging ghost. So” he waved the book with a calm smile “doing some research.”

Daniel’s look was understanding as she talked about her fetch, though Tessa’s comment about arson did get a slight raise from his eyebrow. That limited options a little. He had been thinking of simply directly approaching with a hardened mask and subtly interrogate through conversation. However, criminals had a tendency to lie more about their comings and goings. So maybe tailing would be better. “Having another person would probably help. Tell you what, I’ll give it some thought and let you know.”

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    AwakeOrangutang

"I'd really appreciate that, Daniel. Now, I don't know about you, but I think this place may be shutting down soon. I've had my fill of food and though I wasn't able to talk to many others, I was able to swear myself again as a member of the Freehold. What say you guys, ready to leave? I'd ask one of you fine gentlemen to walk me home but since Mrs. Jasons lets me have a room here, there probably isn't much of anywhere for me to be taken."

Closed Thread