Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Enthralling Encounter

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Richard came dressed appropriately for the venue which seemed like the only reasonable thing to do. He liked being trendy and certainly loved being fly, but wasn't particularly fond of wearing suits, an irony that wasn't lost upon him. He glances down this pocket at the bright blue screen that displayed the texted reply from Velma Star . He was a purposely early by about five minutes which suited his efforts nicely. Now he could find a location to sit and put on airs of nonchalance and confidence that would hopefully distract from the beast of a younger yet far more deadly monster than he. It also gave him a few extra moments to contemplate his approach. How would she react to his proposal? Would their brief meeting in the past be enough to transition into something useful to him after all? These questions spiraled within his mind, making him even more great full that he would have a few minutes to shake it off before facing her. After choosing one of the brown padded bar seats Richard snatched a cigarette from the mangled box of menthol in his shirt pocket and brought it to the lips followed by the flame. After taking a smooth pull, Richard allowed his nerves to settle,"Sss..Better than air."

Richard
    Attached Images

2. Likes Brownlee, Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

At the appointed time Velma exited went up to the large room. The Succubus was steeling herself for the inevitable clash of beasts. When her eyes searched the crowd for her long time acquaintance they only rested when the challenging roar of her beast made itself known.

He looked good, the succubus ought to tell him that she decided. She approached him with delicate steps and when nearby she made herself known to him.

”Good evening Richard…” There was a smile across her lips. She was comfortable addressing him by his first name. She had known him a lifetime ago when she was still a very afraid child.

”You look great!”

Velma was wearing a black dress, her blond hair was tied. She was wearing make up penciled eyebrows, intense blue eyes and a touch of color in her cheekbones brought the humanity in her to the surface, that and the blood she was using to suffuse her skin and counterfeit life.

-1 vitae counterfeiting life
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Richard leaned back in his seat, his right leg crossed casually over his left knee. One arm extended across the top of the booth seats, the other held the cigarette was now reaching its end. Richard released a smile from behind the cloud of smoke that he expelled from his nostrils.

He braced himself to face her beast with conviction that gradually weakened from the moment she entered the room. It's presence glared at him firecly. If he were still living his heart would be accelerating from both fear and desire. 'I bet I have them tripping just like this' he thought in relation to the kine whoes hasted heartbeats when he whispered sweet nada's about absolutely not a damn thing into their ears were like victory drums to him.

She was stunning. What was this magical city that encapsulated the most damning of beauties? It made it quite difficult for Kindred as subjective to vice and excess as Richard to remain dedicated to the Danse. When she spoke his name for the first time he regained a grip over his composure.

"A good one it is, Ms. Star " he chose a more coy approach with a formal greeting. He sought to hide the fact that he was pleased to hear that she did indeed remember him. "Thanks... thought this appointment called for me to clean up a bit. If I wasn't so sure that you are this banging every other night your wearing that dress just for me."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma replied with a quiet knowing smile.

She elegantly sat across Richard and slowly crossed her legs one over the other.

Her blue eyes shifted for a split second to the cigerrete. Whatever her thoughts on the matter they didn't show in her features.

”So? Tired of Chicago?” Her smile turned into the usual casual conversation confidence.
    Velma Star*

Richard reaches over and ashes the spent cigarette in an near by tray. The black Daeva ran his fingers along his chin where a thick beard once hung. Since he had committed to staying in this city he decided to make a better effort at keeping up appearances and that meant keeping his Paul bunion beard trimmed low most of the time.

He smiled widely in response to her questions, "I've been tired since the day I was born Ms.Star, but I admit spotting you from across the room was quite refreshing."

Richard leans forward, sliding down his leg and resting his elbows so that his posture becomes slightly more direct. "After all, what could possibly be more valuable than a friend?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Indeed, what can possibly be more valuable than a friend?” Velma chuckled. Internally there was a large grin, as if she had heard this same song countless times and knew all the notes and accords of the melody.

”Indeed, friendship is a rather precious thing…” It is indeed precious, because if friendship didn’t exist betrayal, its antithesis wouldn’t exist either!

Velma got more comfortable in her seat, her smile remained, trying to encourage Richard.
    Velma Star*

Richard wasn't sure if she agreed or if she was simply humoring him but none the less he pressed on. "When you first met me, I was already what I am today, but my 'mother' was a cruel sick bitch. She kept me ignorant of the world outside 'the family business' to ensure that I could never live without her"

For the first time since arriving here Richards face dropped some of the synthetic pleasantry in exchange for genuine pride. "Yet here I am..still making it, in spite of her. Still though I can't deny that her unwillingness to guide has taken it's toll."

Richard fixed his eye focus onto hers, he was now getting closer to the point of this meeting. "The first night I saw you in Sacramento I almost couldn't believe it. Not that you were still alive, or that you could be in this city. What I couldn't believe was the way you seemed to captivate the entire audience. It was beautiful. It was powerful. As I stood there and gazed upon you I realized something. That there is much for me to learn from you Ms.Star."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The Ravager listened attentively to her cousin Richard. Velma seemed calm and in control, at the same time she seemed very interested in what Richard had to tell her.

”Much to learn?” The Succubus brushes of something invisible from her arm.

”I think I understand what you mean…” She remained in silence wondering what point Richard was trying to bring out.
    Velma Star*

Richard shifted in his seat. He had the feeling that she was receptive and that she knew where he was going with his approach, or at least he hoped so. He wasn't as good at speaking discretely as he ought to be and so when having to be subtle while speaking of such things required a bit of extra effort on his part.

"Do you?" He cracks a sultry smile , "Well then, it seems as though I will be remaining in this city for the foreseeable future. If you would have me, I would like to spend observing you. To study the ways in which you apply your unique 'talents' to advancing will."

The black Daeva leans forward a little more while lowering his voice, though he still didn't dare to speak plainly, he still didn't want to offend by saying something too loud that could be misinterpreted. "Until now I have known but one way of survival, to get it off the muscle. But there is a better way, I know it. The entire time I spent serving her I witnessed the way others both respected and feared her. Yet never once did she resort to displays of violence or aggression. A method that is sadly lost upon me. I believe that you can assist me with this Ms. Star, I really do. Am I correct in thinking so? Or have I placed a size thirteen foot in my mouth?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Well, I can be of assistance of course.” Velma pressed her hands one against the other.

”But don’t fool yourself Richard… muscle can be just as useful as words.” That was the truth, to have one without the other was possible but made for an incomplete set.

”My advice would be to play the game according to your strengths, turn the table in your favor and engage your problems the way you can solve them…” Velma could talk her way out of most situations, it was the truth but if she couldn’t she would probably have learned to fight her way out of most situations. Surviving was the art of playing according to one’s strengths and avoiding the games one knew would be lost before they even started.
    Velma Star*

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread