Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14) L'aire & Gregory

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sasha

L’aire had been lost in her thoughts after watching the promenade of Leaden Mirrors seek out Betony for some sort of court specific reasoning. It wasn’t her business, and no one seemed to be acting out of sorts, so the Fairest had been looking out beyond the gathering.

That was until a Lurkglider began to approach her. Despite his appearance, he seemed friendly. The Onyx wondered if he was like that of other gargoyles; watchful protectors, like angels.

She really noticed the rhyming though. Smiling, she blinked twice swiftly and looked around. “You…mean, here?” Pointing downward as in indication of the Faire. Gazing again, then returning her eyes to the Gargoyle.

Holding out her aquiline hand gracefully to the Whisperwhisp she smiled even though she was reluctant that he didn’t know his own strength. “I’m L’aire, or Sasha outside the Freehold. Of course I would.”

As long as you don't break anything on me...

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"L'aire or Sasha?" repeats Gregory in an inquisitive rasp as his head turns this way and that, eyeing her with watchful eyes. "But you are of the Freehold, so L'aire then?" The question he seems to pose more to himself as if coming to a decision. As she offers her hand, Gregory slinks back, almost as if she might strike him with it. "Forgive my...urm, hesitance. My Keeper...she too was beautiful, though yours is far more...splendid. I am reluctant to be touched by such beauty, that I might be so ensnared again."

He does not seem to be simply complimenting her, quite serious in his tone and the fear that laces his voice. He regards her as a rose hiding poisonous thorns, a fine thing to look upon from a distance.

If she doesn't seem to try to touch him again, he will sidle next to her, gazing upward from an awkward hunch. "I have taken my pledge to the Autumn Queen, though never before have I been part of this Freehold. But though it is my nature to watch, I am not satisfied with only that. Please, L'aire, might you spare a bit of news and conversation?"

S
    Sasha

The Dancer realized what she said may have been confusing so she clarified. “Well, since we’re in the company of the lost, it’s L’aire. To any mundane, it’s Sasha.”

Her violet eyes widened slightly as he stepped back to her offer. “Oh…” The sound of the Gargoyles description startled her. The Fairest never thought herself that beautiful, and her hand recoiled slowly into her chest. The look on his stony face was something she may not easily put out of her mind. “I’m… I’m… sorry. I didn’t know.” Her apology matched the expression on her face.

L’aire clasped her hands in front of her cautiously, not wanting to alarm the Lurkglider. “Yeah, I pledged myself for this season as well.” Nodding with a soft smile. It was easy to tell what his nature was, but it seemed like he wanted to move outside of his nature. “Well, I only recently got back. When I left, there was the issue of a large issue which destroyed many things. I was told he is still a problem in the Freehold.” Glancing about to see how close anyone was to their conversation. The last thing she wanted to do was startle anyone.

Saying Fairweather may be like yelling fire, there wasn’t a need for panic.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

Her glow reflects in his gray eyes as if upon smooth marble tracing across her visage with interest. "No apology necessary, I did not say so you could not know." Gregory pads forward a few steps and looks back at L'aire. "Shall we walk and talk? The garden appears quite...lovely." Having been restricted to remain still most of his life, Gregory is not against a stroll.

Whether she agrees or not, the Gargoyle replies to her mention of problems. "I imagine you speak of the dragon that plagued this Freehold before the Summer season? I have been warned of it by young Tessa, the Beast-girl, as she said to me. There was a funeral I am told, held by one known as Brother Lucas. If you lost anyone in the creature's flames then you have my sympathies and condolences. Hedge Beasts like that are rare and I am fortunate to have rarely come across them. It concerns me though, to hear that the creature still resides nearby."

Trouble indeed, I wonder if there is more to learn on this matter. Perhaps my talents and knowledge might provide aid and gain favor... he thinks daringly.

S
    Sasha

“Oh, yes. The colors Autumn make are always bold and defiant.” Like their last hurrah before her own season sets in. “Its been a while since I’ve just walked through a garden.” The Onyx realized she should somehow make more time for this.

As they walked, L’aire didn’t bother to put out her arm. She wouldn’t be upset if he didn’t want to be gentlemanly considering his reaction earlier. The Dancer nodded. “Yes, that was him. I’m not sure if the worst of it happened shortly after I left or not. I was gone for the better part of a year.” Which now felt like a giant gaping hole inside.

Her head quickly looked to the Whisperwisp. “Funeral?” Blinking quickly and curiously. “When was the funeral? If you don’t know that’s fine, it seems you’ve been just passed information.”

L’aire didn’t want to come out and say it, but Fairweather seemed like more than just a mere Hedge Beast. He seemed far more powerful than that. It was disconcerting to say the least.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"I'm afraid I do not know," answers Gregory to her query. "I too wish to learn more of this matter to better guard myself. I'll likely seek out this Brother Lucas in time, or at least members of the Summer Court. Tessa made it sound as though the funeral were as much a gathering as this Fallen Fair be." Gregory bends lower to scoop up a colorful leaf that has fallen to the ground, twisting it in his hand idly.

"So perhaps the more frequent attendees would know about it. Who can say? A year and a day is befitting mourning I've heard, so I won't fault you your time of grieving. Danger is everywhere, unfortunately, so little time for respite from one's worries. But you must like it here if return you must? What draws you back to this city, thus?" he asks of L'aire.

Gregory wonders at how thick the Hedge is around the clearing where the fair is held. He wonders what he would see if he dares to climb the floral wall to take in their surroundings. How safe is it really here in this Hollow? Perhaps no safer than the mundane world or any Hollow before the Gentrys' agents.

S
    Sasha

The Onyx really wished she could have attended the funeral. She’d have to ask Terri later for more details. “Who is Brother Lucas?” Asking since she really had no idea who most people were in the Freehold. Thankfully, there were still some familiar faces, others and names were foreign to her still.

She watched the Lurkglider pluck a leaf up and turn it in his stony fingers. He did it delicately, which was surprising. “Yeah, there is. Danger everywhere. Its why I left Vegas before Sacramento the first time.” Her thoughts of the Lost who originally brought her to Sacramento crept into her mind.

“As for my recent departure. I took a bit of a um… vacation… soul searching… something like that, up north for a while.” Picking up a deep red leaf of her own while she talked. The stem was long enough, she fixated it in her hair right behind her ear. “I came back because this place feels like home.”

Pausing for a moment, then looking right at Gregory. “Because it is home.” And no man would move the Fairest away from home again.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Gregory stares at her a moment, the red creating a deep contrast against her hair. "Home..." he repeats wistfully, dropping the leaf and putting a hand to his head as if suddenly pained by a thought. "I had...a home once, I'm sure of it..." The Gargoyle wracks his brain for the memory, so distant now, but it slips away. Both hands move to his scalp, grasping at the base of his horns. "I've heard tell of this Vegas City, a place of vice and sin I'm told, where money rules and cards are fold...ehem." He clears his throat and pauses, seemingly confused in his train of thought.

He recovers momentarily, "Hrm...sorry, you were saying? Oh, Brother Lucas...right. I hear that he's the current leader of the Summer Court, though I've never seen nor met the man. He could be here now and I'd know him not. I hope your time away gave you strength in spirit at least. That's all one can hope for at times." Though he says it, he wonders if he even believes it himself. Dare to hope, dare to dream, time apart, time away, what spirit's left and how we mend, the answer may be just round the bend...

S
    Sasha

The Dancer watched closely while the Gargoyle looked like he had a sudden headache. Then when his hands started grabbing his horns, she had to force herself not to touch him and take them down. “There are some things that are beautiful in Vegas, you have to look harder. I was in the Cirque du Soliel there amongst other places.”

Leader of Summer. It was hard to imagine anyone but Spartan in that position, but she was aware of what happened. “Well, I’m sure we’ll meet or see him eventually. Its bound to happen sooner or later.” The Fairest nodded with an assuring grin. She did hear what the Whisperwisp said about strength of spirit, but hope was hard sometimes.

“So what did you do before coming to the Freehold, Gregory?” L’aire had this picture painted in her head of many possibilities. All revolving around someone who watches things because of what the Lurkglider said.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"Cirque du Soliel," repeats Gregory, trying the words out on his tongue. "I don't believe I've heard of it. I've never visited either. I came by way of interstate eighty through Reno and Salt Lake before that. I didn't stay long. I've been making my way westward for...personal reasons." The sunset on the water, the name that was my own long ago...

"I've never quite established myself as a working man, thus my poor attire. The Freeholds I've passed through are cautious and secretive, though they did not mind my ragged appearance, more is fortune mine. I've no skills that would serve the mundane world, nor a way to rise above my squalid status. But it be not so bad as all that. I can be seen, I can be heard, I can move as I will. What more could I ask for?" Something in the Gargoyle's voice implies that there may indeed be more that he desires.

"But I chatter away as a morning bird. Mind not my squawking. Please, tell me more of your time in Vegas City and this Cirque du Soliel?" Gregory grins once more, his headache forgotten with the distraction of conversation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.