Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Bibliophile) The Bridge Burner

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan was sure the hug only helped a little, she could...talk with Lynn later. Morgan didn't like talking about Arcadia but if it helped Lynn it would be easier with someone who had a good chance of relating with. Not that she didn't like Mal or Ava but, actually her friends durances had never come up in talks. Not exactly a good social ice breaker to say: "hey wanna chat about how the fairies fucked us up!" That brought a small smile to her face.

Upon seeing the trailer they stopped near she could only think and say one thing, "Gooootta be t-that one. Sssscreams Autumn spookiness. A-and t-this dood is with the ex-Autumn king, yes?" She turned to Marcus, "Um, t-think stealth contracts b-be bad choice. F-f-folks can sense 'em going off add paranoia means run-away...Um, heh-heh," she chuckled nervously, "D-does anybody see good lookout spots? I c-can easy-please climb a t-trailer without cheating, heh," she then gets a thoughtful look on her face, "buuuuuut that possible garner focus of employees likely t-to bad cerfluffle...heh, I'll j-j-just stay low," she didn't seem to like the word, visibly wincing, "and hidden unlessss someone heh-has good superior scheme?"

Morgan had no idea how a strong, large, shiny man like Marcus could hide.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

“While you guys get into the details of plans and where you’ll be hiding and whether something is bugged or not, I’ll explore a bit. Remember, if I’m asked something directly I can’t lie. Lynn, you can fill me in but just on the stuff I need to know.”

Daniel started to walk slowly out of ear shot, looking around at landmarks, escape routes, hiding places and other features of the terrain around the trailer.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-09 12:57:05 Daniel Leto rolls 6 to Wits+Comp (10 Again) 2, 9, 4, 1, 8, 5 2 successes
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Lynn Mills

Lynn popped open the back of the Jeep (if they do that, I don't know) and started unloading the goodies that they had all brought. One Direct TV antenna. One old ham radio antenna. Assorted wires, cables, connectors and bits. If it wasn't enough to buy them a ticket through the Hedge, it was at least enough to show that they were serious.

Looking around, she picked a spot that relatively clear lines of sight and started moving everything there.

"So, I've got your phones programed into my speed dial. If the deal is good, I'll call you and bring you in. If not," she shrugged. "I think you'll figure out if the deal goes south on your own. There will be screaming and shouting. Probably some gunfire." She finished stacking things in a neat pile and went to get her own bag out of the front seat, before turning and standing directly in front of Marcus.

"Look. I know I'm not who and what you would want on this mission. And it's possible that I'll let you down. But it won't be because I've given up." she held out one hand. "Promise."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded her head as the "diplomats" planned, "Ooooh-kay. Silent ring-thing shaking best set," which she did by taking out her telephone and doing that. "I g-g-g-guess I'll, uh, t-try to stay out of zzzight then, heh-heh," and someplace where she could throw a knife if the guy did pull a gun.

She then held up both hands in a placatory manner, "B-b-but you will d-do well, heh. Imma bad at people-talk, you two be good talkers, d-d-bargain honest, and Mmmmarcus...well," she turned to the Metalskin with an apologetic smile, "You loook mite intimidating, heh...Um, d-dood? Imma decent at heh-hiding b-b-but maybe you should take shadowy side," she pointed to right of the trailer where structures were casting more shadows, "I'm t-tiny-err then you and l-l-l-erm, easier to hide, heh." She gaves a thumbs up as she finished. She didn't know if mentioning how shiny Marcus was would be offensive or not.

Stealth roll?

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods to Lynn as he taps the dish with his finger.

"In a manner of speaking. I can use it to see and hear everything that's going on, and if he takes it with him, I should be able to find him."

Listening to the others, the elemental shrugs and looks at where Morgan suggested would make a decent place for him to be less noticeable.

"Alright. But, at the first sign of danger, you say the word and I'll come running. Remember, I'll be listening."

Focusing on his connection with metal, Marcus reaches out to the satellite dish before walking over to the shady area to the right of the trailer. He hopes it will be enough to keep his eyes and ears on the two darklings.

Distant Connection: 3 suxx & Stay out of sight: 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-15 20:13:47 Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Dexterity + Stealth (10 Again) 8, 5, 7, 9, 9, 7 3 successes
    2014-11-15 19:56:13 Marcus Evan rolls 7 to Wyrd + Persuasion (10 Again) 1, 5, 10, 8, 3, 7, 8, 3 3 successes

Marcus spends 2 Glamour to invoke Contract of Communion.

6. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Shadows hide me 3 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 07:19:30 Morgan Bellanar rolls 6 to Shadowpatch (10 Again) 6, 2, 8, 8, 8, 3 3 successes
      You can't see me 5 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 07:20:56 Morgan Bellanar rolls 12 to Hiding (10 Again) 7, 6, 5, 8, 1, 9, 6, 8, 3, 9, 7, 10, 5 5 successes

Nodding Morgan scampers off into the shade of another trailer. The shadows seem to flow around her easily, hiding her from sight as effectively as any camouflage would.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel turned back from his inspections to check if the group had finished its discussions and found the shadow team was gone. They must have already gone into hiding. He hurried back over to Lynn to give a hand with the antennas.

“So, we all set then? Anything more we can do, other than wait? Who knows how long it will be till Goyle shows up.” he asked.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Lynn Mills

Lynn laughed softly. "With our luck, Goyle will be the kind of guy who likes to sleep in. And we'll be waiting her till noon or later, just twiddling our thumbs." Cocking her head to the side, she looked at the two of them. "We're supposed to be the bait, right? We need to look all soft and squishy." She shrugged her shoulders and cracked her neck, loosening stiff muscles.

There was one thing that always calmed her; always centered her. She could almost see Marcus wincing where ever he was hidden, but she couldn't really help herself. Pursing her lips, she started whistling; letting the soft strains of "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" float out into the early morning light.

Marcus finds a good place to hide, not too far away beside a couple of trailers down the way. Morgan, wherever she goes, seems to become one with her surroundings. Settling into their vantage points, with Daniel and Lynn remaining near to the trailer, time seemed to pass ever so slowly and it would appear that in this part of the site, not many people seemed to venture; perhaps a good reason for the gate. The sun finally rose over the horizon and bathed the race track in comforting light, bringing a little heat on this Autumn morning.

Time passed...in the distance, the sound of an approaching vehicle heading their way. A dark blue pick-up trundled slowly into view with a lone man sitting behind the wheel wearing a baseball cap. Whatever was in the rear was covered with a tarp but it made some noise of metal clanking together. As the truck came to a stop, the driver seemed to be focusing on the two changelings by the trailer.

Finally, the door opened with a creak and a heavy-set man stepped out. Without a doubt, this was Goyle. Even from the distance, it was clear his skin was like a plastic manikin's, and even though he wore dirty, workman's clothing and tool belt, a pair of stubby, plastic, toy-like wings stick out from his back. An Alsatian dog leaps out from the open door and settles down beside the Elemental, taking in the pair also. However, it does seem to sniff the air, head cocking slightly.

"Morning," Goyle says with a cheesy smile, his Californian accent readily-apparent. "You guys seem a little out of the way here. What can I do for you?"

Lynn Mills

Showtime

Lynn smiled in return and stepped a bit forwards. "Good Morning. We were hoping to work out a trade with you. Some merchandise you'd find useful, in exchange for an introduction to somebody we're looking for." She gestured at the two dishes and bags full of assorted connectors and wires. "Interested?"

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread