Ended
Watch
61 - 69
DISPLAYED
(Bibliophile) The Bridge Burner

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Lynn seemed to be looking to him for guidance. Okay, he could work with this. He had thought they’d said the shadow team would follow but having their ‘backup’ come out of hiding could also be used to help build trust too. However, showing their entire hand also left them with a disadvantaged situation too. So the question was who would be better to leave as an ace in the hole.

The choice was pretty obvious to him. Marcus was their 'big guns' and would have an easier time tracking them in the Hedge. Morgan was less threatening.

“Morgan,” he called “You can come out.”
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Well, sounds like things were going well. It'd probably be better if she didn't just ooze out of a shadow. So as opposed to popping out of a shadow, she instead moved around the trailer's edge to be out of sight when she dropped the Contract.

After that she took a calming deep breath, stopping as she re-sheathed her knife. While it wouldn't do to make mistakes, being her usual nervous self could be helpful. Having someone hide as backup was suspicious. Having that person be obviously a poor choice for diplomacy and twitchy however implied: "we had her hide to not screw this up." Unflattering, but she should try to use her "abilities" to her benefit.

When she felt ready, the raccoon slowly peeked around the corner of the trailer. Morgan did not have to fake the worry on her face, she was actually concerned that Goyle, or worse the dog, would get spooked and violent. Straightening up, Morgan walked slowly around the corner and to the group. Her posture was as far from hostile as you could get, keeping her hands visible in the open, even if a couple of leaves did pop up behind her. The Beast's eyes often shot worried looks towards the dog.

She had been walking towards one side of her two colleagues, but veered off to the other side that was further away from the dog. She nodded her head towards her fellow Courtiers, "Heh-heh, here I am...uh, hi guys? Oh, um-uh," she turned to Goyle, "Um, heh-heh, I-I-I am Morgan...uh, probably-know-from-Daniel calling me, heh-heh. Hi, uh, good greetings to-to b-both of you, heh, I hope..."

Goyle's eyebrows raised as the Beast made herself known, stopping at the door of the trailer. If there was something off with this situation, the Elemental didn't comment.

"I thought you said muscle?"

The question came from the Alsatian, his voice deep, rich and speculative. He looked at the trio of Freeholders expectantly, eyes coming to lock on Morgan.

4. Likes Origins liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn looked at the dog and raised an eyebrow. "And I thought you said 'woof'?" she remarked mildly.

"Morgan here is tougher than she looks." She tilted her head considerately. Things were shifting and she came to the conclusion that their original plan wasn't going to work. If there was someone along with genuine animal senses, it . . . he . . . whatever would have a far better chance of picking up on Marcus as he followed along behind. She sighed and cleared her throat.

"Hey Marcus! Looks like we're all going to be civilized about this. Come on out and you can come along."

Marcus Evan

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel was beginning to sympathize with Garth more and more. Between talking dogs and Lynn improvising he was ready for this to be over too. He wasn't sure what she was thinking but hopefully the lack of ace up the sleeve wouldn't get them killed later on. Hopefully Goyle wouldn't call things off with this further revelation. Daniel kept an observant eye on the gargoyle and dog to judge their reaction.

I know CyledyrWyllt is having real life stuff right now. How should we proceed?
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Lynn Mills

Sorry, I didn't realize that. What's the normal thing to do in this situation? If figure either everyone is going to be a bit confused when nobody shows or Marcus comes out and does a strong but silent thing.

The Elemental steps from where he was hunkering out of sight, his connection to the aerial being held by Lynn still active. He had heard everything, including the talking dog. Heavy footfalls strode towards the group and Marcus settled his steely gaze upon Goyle. In his hand was his cell phone, his fist almost crushing it within it's metallic grip. After a moment, he looked towards the trio of Freeholders.

"Go with him and find HAL. I need to do something first, and I'll catch up," he said to the group before his eyes locking back onto Goyle, taking a step forward. "If anything happens to them, if you betray them, nothing will stop me from finding you and bringing to bear the full weight of Summer."

Garth doesn't reply but simply shrugs and turns towards the trailer. When he reaches it, he wipes away a line of mold from the door's window, activating the hedge gate. With a simple push, the door opens inwards and beyond the threshold, a maze of briars awaits.

The dog looks from Morgan to Marcus before following Garth. "Awkward." The Elemental sip chuckles at his friend's joke and steps through, carrying the kit. The dog waits for the others, standing and watching.

Let's wrap this scene up with your next posts and I'll open a new scene once we're in the Hedge. I've left it possible for CyledyrWyllt to return when he is able. Good scene

Lynn Mills

Lynn glanced at Marcus with a raised eyebrow, but bowed her head in return. It would have to be important to pull him away. They'd have to manage on their own. Instead she picked up her bag and tucked the small antenna inside, giving Marcus a significant look. Hopefully he'd be able to track it for a while. It got a bit awkward to carry both her fiddle case and a messenger bag, but she managed with long practice.

Turning, she picked up a bit of the gear they'd come offering and stepped through the Hedge Gate; whistling a cheery tune.

End Scene! I shall begin a new one shortly

Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread