Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Emma and Daniella

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Emma French

PRE

Emma prepared two areas for meeting. The first was her office. She set out fresh flowers and Ice tea with mint on her low table. The second area was out doors. It was a beautiful evening so she set-up the wrought iron table and chairs under a tree near one of the water fountains. Around them were beautiful late summer flowers and the breeze whispered through the bushes and trees. They were tucked away from view and from risk of being over heard. The trickle of the fountain gave a gentle white noise which would keep mortal ears from listening. The little eating area was elegant and comfortable. Here she also set out mint tea and shortbread cookies. Looking around she decided everything was ready. She headed back inside stopping to pick dead flower heads off the plants.The stone walk way was clean and neat. The over hang of the entry way had a hornet nest on it wich Emma quickly dispatched. That too was now the picture of perfection. Emma headed in to dust and wait for Daniella.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella arrived on time, and proceeded to the front of the front of the building as instructed. She will try the door, and if it is open, will head inside. If it is locked, she will gently knock on the door, or look for a button to push, maybe a buzzer.

Her wardrobe lately had consisted of dress pants, and tonight was no different. She had on a pair of white dress pants with a black tank top, over which was a white blazer. A pop of color was added with her shoes, which were blue velvet and open toed. Her long hair was worn loose and in soft waves around her shoulders.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Emma French

PRE

Emma saw Daniella walking up the front walkway. She heard the soft knock on the door as she reached for the handle. "Welcome." She said to Daniella. Emma had on a pale green button down cotton shirt and white shorts with white sandals. The entry room was clean with light colored polished wood panels and glass shelves. The shelves had various funeral stuff like urns and mini coffins on them. Fresh flowers were also dotted on various tables tops. "I was wondering if you would like to meet outside to enjoy the beautiful evening?" Emma was warm and gracious sounding.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her eyes briefly take in Emma, seems white was the style lately.

Smiling, “Thank you. I must say, this is my first time coming in the front, and it is quite inviting.” Which she guessed was the intent, to make those who have lost a loved one feel at ease.

“That sounds like a great idea!” replies the Shadow. “Though may I ask if we will be able to speak freely outside?” she asked, having Kindred specific topics to address. And she hated having to veil her words, it got old and tedious after hundreds of years.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Emma French

PRE

Yes the area is quite private." Emma led the was around the building to a small fountain which gave off a soft glow of light. There was a Parisian style table and chairs with refreshments under a tree with a Japanese style lantern hanging above them. The late summer gardens surrounding them were quite beautiful and had a British feel to them. The whole mish mash of cultures came together in a warm and relaxing sort of way. Emma poured herself some tea, "Would you care for some?" She asked Daniella. "Would you like a Scottish short bread cookie?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella follows Emma around the building, and was pleasantly surprised by what she saw. Who would have thought such a beautiful and relaxing area existed near the funeral home?

"What a marvelous place!" she exclaimed.

It had been years since she had tea, and the thought of it brought back happy memories. It also made her wonder what had become of him.

Sitting in one of the chairs, she nod and smiles at Emma, “Tea would be wonderful, thank you.”

As Emma poured the tea, “How have you been Dr French? It has been way too long since we've talked.”

Emma French

PRE

Emma chuckled at a memory of her on the floor at a party and Daniella standing above her, "It has been a while. At least on a social level." Emma handed Daniella tea before sitting down. "So what do I owe this auspicious pleasure of your company?" Emma was nothing but direct.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella accepts the tea, and forces the blood through her dead body. After taking a sip, she sets the cup down, “I had a few things on my mind to be honest. Though I am genuine in asking how you have been doing.” She says, wondering what the best way to approach her main reason for the meeting.

“I was also wondering what your current stance was about the Covenants within the Domain. And please, feel free to speak freely.” She picks up her cup again, taking another sip.

-1 Vitae to consume the tea

Emma French

PRE

Emma sat back in her chair and thought for a moment. Was there a power struggle going on in the domain that she had failed to notice? She had been here almost three years and no one ever asked her about covenants but now she has had several people talking to her. Emma wasn't sure how honest she could be with Daniella. After all she was part of the invictus and pretty high up in ranks as far as she could tell. But on the other hand the worst thing that could happen is Daniella could get pissed off and punish her some how. Emma tilted her head slightly, "Well, I am researching the Circle of Crones at the moment. I had been approached to join before Swift had left and decided to at least see what they are about. There is some interesting things about them but I'm not sure I agree with everything they are about. Then there is the Lancea Sanctum? I think that's right. I see the as being like the Catholic Church. I completely respect them but the level of religious devoutness needed is probably more than I would want. Of course to be sure I would need to do some research. I don't know much about the Ordo Dracul. But I seem to remember they are called slaves? I think? And I know I am much too free spirited to tolerate that. Let's see, um... there is the Carthians. Some of there beliefs aren't too bad but there is very little success of a movement here. When I first arrived a friend had been considering joining them and discussed some of the ideals with me. But they seem too disorganized to go anywhere. And that leaves the covenant you and the prince belong to." Emma paused before continuing, in for a penny in for a pound, "I have to admit not knowing a lot about it except that titles are crazy important. Which is fine for most." Emma hurried to say before she could be interrupted. "I realize the need for titles. Just look at the military and their titles. It is needed to establish a command level. But I really am no good at titles or respecting titles just because someone has one." Emma thought about the Harpy and how she would never respect that person. "I mean just because someone has a title does not mean they are a good person." Hence that damn Prince last century who abused his power, Emma thought. "But beyond that I know very little about the invictus or what they stand for."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella sipped her tea and listened carefully as Emma spoke. She had some interesting views that was for sure. And she figured the whole research thing had to do with her occupation.

“You certainly have an interesting take on the various Covenants. Though I have learn there will always be an aspect of a group you won’t agree with. It is a matter of the positive outweighing the negative. The positive being if that groups ideals fit with you own.” She replies, placing the cup down. “The titles seem to be one of the first things a Kindred notice about the First Estate. And without full understanding of where those titles come from, or what purpose they serve, I’m sure they seem a little extreme and over board. It leaves the greatest depths of my Covenant unexamined. Through titles and honorifics comes order. I can understand not respecting someone just because they have a title.” She agrees, “But within the Invictus, titles are earned. One does not simply wake up one evening and hold the title of Lady. That is earned through hard work and dedication to the Covenant. The same can be said for positions one may hold. And I agree that a title does not make someone a good person, and there are those who abuse the power once they have it. But just as one earns a title or position, one can be stripped of it.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.