Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Dreams, Dark and Dire 3

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 24 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Regina Pia

PRE

init=6+2+4=12

Spending 1wp for vigor
    combat stuff

Regina stands by Wilhelm. "Nobility." Nothing more needs to be said. The nobles protect the peasants, the nobles look out for each other.
    "Worm, I will run you through." She addresses the nearest coalescing mass of worms.
    courtoise 1

Regina ignores 4 points of penalties to her attack roll.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Karen looks rather disturbed by the worm things. "...those are definitely new." The ivy growing on the Gangrel's body thickens and expands to cover more of her, strengthening her resistance against possible attack. Her skin also takes on a green tinge, adding to the Poison Ivy look.

Initiative 11

Combat Information
    Matteo Guarnaschelli, Nosferatu of the First Estate
    Base: Presence 3 (Artsy) | Blood Potency 1 | Italian Accent | Curse: Soul-Piercing Stare
    ECXXV: Blood 3/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    The Trojan Limo: Blood 5/10 | Health 7/7 | Willpower 6/6
    A Gath????????????????????Item

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Initiative 12

Jayant coils ready to strike, hissing with an apparent menace he had never felt while awake, taking in the things with his black eyes as his kukri glints red from the moon.

"Dark Mother, guide my blade and strike with the prescision of the Naga."

He was going to enjoy this.

Jayant's spending the first turn aiming

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Obsidian follows Myrah, but has no fascination for the falling threat. She is more interested in watching her step and getting to safety.

"Initiative 9

Headstrong
    Headstrong

PRE

Headstrong rolls 1 die for initiative 8 + 6 = 14 Initiative

Headstrong was conflicted. Ishani had warned them against touching the worms but without weapons there was little else to be done. There was a slight chance the worms would treat her stone skin differently but Headstrong knew that the realm of dreams hardly obeyed the rules of reality.

Headstrong activates Resilience and Vigor.
    HP 0/12, WP 5/8, Defense 2

Reinforcing her stone body against change and channeling the Beast's fire through her stone frame Headstrong looks about. Was there anything in this desolate place that could function as a weapon? Time was still moving abnormally fast and before she could secure an improvised weapon she was forced to stand ready. Even if she could not combat the worms directly she might shield those who could from some attacks.

Eleanor rolls 1 die for initiative 3 + 7 = 10 Initiative

Fear grips my heart and squeezes as I hurry towards the safest possible spot. I can not fight and the commander, not the Prince but the woman they called "Ishani", seemed like she would rally the others and protect the defenseless. At least for some time.

I softly and with surprising venom curse for being so obsessed with these things that I'd sooner risk destruction than
    immediately fade from this dream realm and so scared that I'd focused on trivial matters to distract my weak mind than contribute to this assortment of individuals that were even now banding together to face the worms.

Immediately after casting this curse a concealed hand meets a concealed wrist and starts tearing at it.
    Taking the Lord's name in vain might not mean what most thought it did but abusing it for an insincere curse was wrong regardless. Repent.

Eleanor rolls 10 to remember potentially relevant things (10 Again)
    6, 8, 10, 1, 6, 5, 2, 5, 8, 8, 4 = 4 successes

Worms, dreams, blood, moon, isolation, Kindred, souls, ghosts. There was so much to work with there had to be something she could remember that was helpful or at least relevant.

As my nails score my dream flesh I train my eyes on the worms and I start peeling back layers of the world. Beyond the ephemeral dream flesh of the worms, beyond the cloud of emotional colors, beyond the clamor of the departed, there... The most vital layer of reality I know of. The coursing of the Lord's life blood is bared before me.

Eleanor spends 1WP to activate Arcane Sight

Looking at the worms I try to see what they are, understand them on the most essential level. If she understood them she might understand their part in the whole, how they fit in and -if they were cancers upon reality- how to excise them efficiently. Nothing was perfect and everything had weaknesses, whether a crude physical limitation or a spiritual deficiency or...

Eleanor rolls 10 to activate Arcane Sight (10 Again)
    2, 10, 7, 5, 1, 10, 6, 8, 8, 10, 9, 2, 2 = 6 successes

Lazarus' Combat Information

Bridgewater's worms...

The putrid rain of squirming horrors from the sky were all too familiar to Ith; these were the same worms that Robert Bridgewater's ghost had used against him during the exorcism. He could not forget the feeling of them borrowing through his flesh, directly toward his heart. Now the Warden was standing face to face with them again, although now they were taking the shape of man.

Lazarus had to warn the others, he spoke up louder than his hiss of a voice should have allowed. "I have experienced these worm creatures in my lab! Do not let them touch you, they are a manifestation of the toxin used in the Lost Nights and they will borrow through you to your heart!"

It was like fighting death itself, so close that you could see your blurred reflection in his scythe...

Mariel's Initiative = 9

Initiative Roster:

Myrah * Asa * Dr. Lazarus * O-Yama * Headstrong * Markos * Worm-Things * Ishani * Sean * Regina * Jayant * Joseph * Karen * Eleanor * Ronald * Wilhelm * Obsidian * Mariel * Arnold * Michael * Konstantin

Worm-Things:
    Defense = 2
    Armor = 4 vs. all physical attacks, 6 vs. firearms, arrows and the like. These creatures are formed of wriggling masses of worms and don't really have organs, or even a defined form, so it's hard for most attacks to do a lot to them. Attacks that normally bypass or nullify armor do not function in this case.
    Speed = 10

Narration:

The rains continue to fall. The worms have formed into a dozen shambling, wriggling, humanoid forms, with more starting to form as the rain continues to fall. They move toward the vampires, twisting appendages extended. The vampires can see that some of the worms at the ends of the appendages have circular mouths full of sharp teeth.

Ishani
    Ishani

Presence 3
    Striking Looks 4 (graceful, Alluring)
    Mask of Tranquility

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ishani is very thankful for the Doctor's information as she had no idea what these things were or where they werte coming from. "Everyone that has no fighting ability needs to get inside. I need every able fighter to keep these things away from Avalon and the rest of the kindred!"

She didn't know about the others, but her top priority was not losing anyone else to these horrible nightmares. She is done running, done investigating and done guessing. It is now time to start fighting a tangible foe, something she can kill. She prepares herself for the slaughter.

Presence 3
    Striking Looks (Graceful, Alluring) 4
    Mask of Tranquility

Narration:

Eleanor's occult knowledge tells her nothing of immediate use... she can think of numerous mentions of the various topics she briefly considers, but nothing of immediate use. She does recall, however, some mentions of ghosts taking on combined or gestalt forms, as seems to be the case with these kindred ghosts. Usually this occurs in places where many people were slaughtered at the same time - sites of concentration camps and massacres, for example - or when several relatively weak ghosts or spirits combine against some sort of threat to their territory or the things important to them.

Arcane Sight, however, reveals something quite interesting... and disturbing These worm-things, and the worms that form them, radiate a strong magic of a sort Eleanor is unable to pinpoint. Indeed, it is so unlike any sort of magic she's ever encountered as to suggest it is something entirely separate, from outside the typical magical realms. As she studies it, she sees hints of impossible geometry and of a timelessness that makes kindred immortality seem a fleeting moment by comparison, and at the same time register a sense of emptiness vast beyond comprehension. Her mind reels back from looking too closely.

Page 3 of 24 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread