21 - 27
DISPLAYED
(FF14)Marcus' Table

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    C
    C_Lloyd

2 suxx to sell them dusters
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-21 17:39:42 Krumm rolls 4 to Sell some brass Knuckles (PRS 2 + Persuasion 2) (10 Again) 4, 8, 5, 10, 2 2 successes

Light-bulb!

"I was wondering, how much of a challenge would it be to perhaps instill some type of venom into the chain so as to weaken anyone struck, and would it need to perhaps draw blood to do so?"

The Troll grinned at the wicked proposal.

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus smiles and slowly nods his head as Krumm starts his sales pitch. However, the metalflesh crosses his arms and fixes the farwalker with his steely gaze when he mentions head bashing. The furnace-like heat of the craftsman's mantle envelopes the ogre for a second and the distant echoes of a cheering crowd soon turn into faint grumblings before falling eerily silent. Marcus just continues to quietly look at Krumm for a moment before finally speaking. He doesn't appeared to be too impressed by the ogre's salesmanship.

"Very funny. I assume you would never actually threaten any of my customers like that."

Not Impressed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-22 13:03:13 Marcus Evan rolls 8 to Wits + Composure (10 Again) 3, 6, 5, 5, 9, 3, 8, 7 2 successes
    2014-10-22 12:52:15 Marcus Evan rolls 10 to Presence + Intimidate + Specialty + Mantle (10 Again) 9, 9, 4, 9, 8, 3, 7, 8, 9, 1 6 successes
    Placing the money in the lock box, Marcus slides the trench knife into it's sheath and hands it over to Daniel.

"Use it in good health. Pleasure doing business with you."

Marcus raises his eyebrows at Tony's request and tries not to show how fucked up he thinks that sounds. Although he probably doesn't succeed very well, the elemental still gives it some serious thought and tries to come up with a possibility.

I got nuthin'
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-22 13:45:55 Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Intelligence+Occult+Specialty (10 Again) 2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 6 failure
    "I'm not all that familiar with any poisons. Some dead spiders or a severed rattlesnake's head might do the trick. Possibly. I'd have to do some research first. But, if you really want me to forge something like that into the chain, you'll definitely need to provide it. Just use some common sense when picking out any ingredients. I won't be handling anything alive or potentially hazardous... or just plain messy, for that matter."

Marcus smirks a bit at the end. He doesn't want the ogre's imagination running wild, after all.

C
    C_Lloyd

Krumm could sense Marcus' displeasure, and he could feel the Metalflesh's threatening gaze fall upon him. The Metalflesh shut him down with a look, and it caught him completely off guard.

"No. um, of course not, " replied Nigel meekly in response to Marcus' staredown. "I, um... bye Marcus."

Much like a bullied kid in high school, Krumm swiftly departed Marcus's table, pondering what he'd done wrong.

It was just a joke...

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-22 14:00:56 Krumm rolls 6 to Resist Intimidation (Resolve 2 + Composure 2 + Mantle 2) (10 Again) 3, 7, 1, 5, 3, 3 failure

There are a few things the elemental takes very seriously. His work is one of them. The metalflesh simply shrugs when the farwalker hurries off. Marcus was going to suggest another option, since Krumm seems so ill-suited for interacting with any customers in a retail setting. But, rather than call after the abominable snowman with the empty wallet and fragile ego, the metal craftsman decides to just let him walk away instead. After all, it's really no skin off Marcus' back. He wasn't the one asking for a favor. Besides, Krumm would probably just make another bad joke out of any further attempt Marcus made to help him out. Focusing on the remaining ogre, the elemental picks up a business card and hands it to Tony.

"It sounds like you might need to put some more thought into exactly what you want me to make. Once you have all the details and any necessary ingredients you should give me a call."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

“Thanks Marcus,” Daniel said raising the knife in a part wave part salute. He pocketed his new weapon and headed off to the rest of the Fair.

Daniel rejoins main thread.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Tony grinned openly, avidly listening to Marcus' suggestion. Neither of them wanted messy.

"Thank you for your assistance, sir!" the Ogre replied with much glee before picking up one of the business cards from the Elemental's table. "May I?" he asked before slipping it into his vest's pocket. "I shall have a good think and certainly provide whatever is necessary."

The Troll offered a polite bow, stooping over as his lanky form almost doubled up with the gesture. "For now, I shall take my leave. Good day, or should I say, good evening!"

Tony will leave this thread and rejoin the main one

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread