Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14)Marcus' Table

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

The metalflesh returns to the table where his merchandise is displayed and smooths out the tablecloth as he makes a few slight adjustments to how the knives and jewelry are arranged. After all, with the torches now lit, the lighting in the hollow is completely different than when he first arrived. Giving his potential customers a smile, he wonders if they are interested in paying with cash or... more interesting currency.

"Alright, Tony? Morgan? Are you looking for anything in particular?"

C
    C_Lloyd

After leaving Ms. Nutkins to pursue her business, Krumm, initially intending to return to the Autumn Queen's table, was pleasantly delighted to see that Marcus Evan had set up shop. He made his way over to the table of his fellow Summer Courtier with a smile and a wave, and took a few moments to look over his goods.

"Whatcha got here, Chef?"

Tony was quite enjoying himself as he perused the goods upon the tablecloth laid out before him, no doubt just a handful of wares on offer from Marcus. The bladed items really weren't for him but he was certainly after something special, and was willing to haggle for it. As Krumm joined him at the table, Tony offered his distant cousin a wide, toothy grin.

"Good evening, sir!" the rakish Troll replied exuberantly as the Artist returned back from where he had been, at another's table. A hand appeared from his pocket as he waved them over what Marcus had to offer. "Your designs are truly magnificent, Mr. Evan and I must confess I am most certainly on the lookout for something in particular, a little something perhaps hedgespun if such an item was not beyond your expertise? To be specific, a chain weapon; specifically a manriki-gusari. You know of such a specialized item, I presume?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The jewlery was pretty pretty. The knuckle dusters were very much not her style, she'd no desire to get that close to an opponent. She nodded her head upon spotting the familiar looking knives. She fiddled enough with the blade she'd bought from Marcus before to identify them as his work. Which was kind of a given with it being Marcus' table. The business cards were new though. She'd definetely take one of them.

She smiled nervously at the Metalflesh, "Heh-hi M-marcus. Um, n-nada knives today. Aaand no sees armor. S-so jewelery maybe? And oh-oh, bulb-light!" The Beast bounced in place a little as the idea came to her. Her fire pendants had turned out to be pewter with metallic paint. She'd already broken one on a run so an actual metal pendant might work out better. "D-d-do you have any flamish-fire lookie neck-dants, uh, pen-lace? " That probably wasn't coming out right. What was another word, oh: "I-I-I have ones on-on me it ork-contract-freeb-fine, heh-heh. I-if need idea of looks."

She chuckled and nodded a hello as the big man arrived. She couldn't help but move a little away from the unknown man that towered over her, but she did cast Tony a confused look when he wanted chains for fighting. She'd never understand why some people wanted to fight up close.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel walked over. He recognized Morgan but not the other two. He greeted the entire group with a friendly "Hello," and gave Marcus a small smile before he began looking over the merchandise. He seemed a little hesitant to actually touch the knives that had been laid out. They looked very nice. Daniel wondered if they had been acid etched or something to make the patterns. They also looked very practical, in the sharpest and deadliest sense of the word.

"Do they come with sheaths?" he asked.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

"Alright, Krumm? Everything you see is a unique, hand forged work of art. If you're looking to buy a knife, I brought a Bowie, a kukri, and a trench. Otherwise, you might be interested in a little dust for your knuckles."

For some reason, the elemental assumes that the ogre is only interested in the weapons and does not even mention the jewelry. After all, stereotypes do exist for a reason. Furrowing his brow at the other ogre's question, the metalflesh has to think about it for a moment before he can answer the troll.

"Sure. It's basically just a weighted length of chain, isn't it? I've never actually made one before, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll need a deposit for any sort of custom work, with the balance due upon delivery. Any hedgespinning will add to the price, of course, and I might need you to provide materials, depending on exactly what particulars you have in mind."

After Marcus gives Tony some information to consider, he slowly shakes his head as he turns to Morgan and gives her a rueful smile.

"I'm afraid not. I just brought an autumnish-leaf necklace with me this time, Morgan. But, the same goes for you as I just explained to Tony. I can do any sort of custom work you want. So, if you'd like me to simply make a necklace with a beautiful, fire shaped pendant, I can do that... or, if you'd prefer, I can hedgespin one that's... really special."

The changelings can see that the jewelry on display is indeed a matching set consisting of a pair of earrings, a necklace, a bracelet and a pair of rings, as well as a tie clip and cuff links that all resemble actual autumn leaves. Although each item is well crafted, they all appear to be wholly mundane, and none of the lost can detect any hint of the impossible beauty that is the unmistakable hallmark of hedgespun. When he finally turns back to speak to Daniel, Marcus shrugs as he answers the darkling's question.

"Of course. I'm afraid they are rather plain in comparison to the metalwork, but they're handmade and included at no extra charge."

Manriki-whatsit? Sure, I know what that is.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-16 17:30:02 Marcus Evan rolls 6 to Intelligence + Weaponry - 1(exotic weapon) (10 Again) 10, 4, 3, 5, 10, 3, 5, 9 3 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

"I'm good, Marcus. The Knuckle dusters may be nice, but I'm not much of a knife guy. Anything special about them? And I'll have to work out a way to pay you, as I still haven't quite gotten on my feet. "

He listened to Marcus go on about his work, and couldn't help but to smile at the pride he had in what he did. "Right now I'm only really skilled at punching people really hard, and I've got some pretty solid training with staves. It's pretty awkward to carry those around, but if I could commission a walking stick that could double as a solid quarterstaff that'd be nice."

Krumm really hadn't had much time to practice his staff fighting since he'd arrived in Sacramento, but it would probably serve him well if he were to pay attention to that training. If not for the skill in fighting, for the discipline and focus it required.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's eyebrows rose at how non-chalant Marcus was about crafting Hedgespun. It couldn't be so easy that he just charged a little extra, could it? Then again, he was a smith so yeah for him it probably was that easy.

She blinked and tilted her head at the Metalskin's offer to hedgespin a necklace. That could be interesting in the end result and really pretty. The raccoon had to remind herself she was shopping for catches not pretties. The Beast righted her head before smiling and shaking her head, "Nn-n-n-n-norm izt pine-dine-fine, heh. L-l-lookie for c-c-c-atch more th-then pretties, heh-heh. Um, s-s-s-something l-like this," she reaches into her shirt and pulls out a small fire themed pendant. Just pewter with a metallic red paint job, "w-w-worked fines for la-nap-atch catch. Juuuust not dura-tough for rolls, heh-heh. M-m-metals be bez-ood-yay-yays. C-can pay-down wid yenom--gah, money or-or creepy-meta-bug-ting, both?"

She cast a confused look at Krumm. She'd looked into a variety of things before picking throwing knives. As far as she knew, a staff and a walking stick were the same thing. A really long branch to help you stagger home or play whack-a-mole with people. And her mouth ran with this before her brain stopped her, "Uh...i-isn't those boths sticks?" She blushed upon realizing she said it aloud, "S-s-zorry."

"Yes, sir! You are indeed spot on!"

"Why of course. I would never enter any agreement without at least some form of deposit,"
    Tony grinned with confidence. He understood the value of oaths and punishments. Of actions and consequences.

"I was most definitely seeking an item of hedgespun quality but I am at a loss of what type of materials would expedite the construction of this design. Perhaps you may be able to assist with some ideas?"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel examined all three knives. The Bowie knife was appealing. It had a traditional look that didn't raise too many questions despite it practically being a short sword. The kukri was more exotic but it looked easier to handle. It had a flow to it's form. It was the trench that really caught Daniel's eye. It was smaller and so easier to hide. The handle made it harder to lose in a fight. He gave a sad smile at the pattern. Even with no one dying, Death was always nearby a Gravewight. He didn't mind too much.

"These are really cool. I really like the one with the finger hole grip."
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread