Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Vans

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Her eyes widened a bit at the resurgence of blood in his aura, but she didn't remove her hand. She wasn't worried, or disgusted by what she saw. In fact, the blood in her veins was beginning to -- stir, maybe -- but there was an edge of apprehension that rode with it too, the two colors blending and appearing like fire in her aura. There was even the blue undertone, riding beneath it all, and a tinge of yellow eased in as he explained. Everything was fine. There was nothing to worry about. Like he said, he'd sprung something like this on her first. There was precedent for messing with him a bit.

The orange slowly faded out, a nice, vermillion reclaiming it's hard won place.

"What do you want to learn first? I know the easiest one to explain," she replied, an edged grin easing onto her lips.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes Sirith, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Vanilla and parsley blossomed like ivy on a trellis, or lilies on the lake-blue that dominated his aura: curiosity. Every now and then, a flicker of the citrus came through as nerves settled and the ocean blues darkened and rolled between mints and eggplants.

"We're so... different?"

Sure, there were some that were the same, but others? Was that good? Or bad? Eyes slid away from hers as the citrus wafted again in time with his thought that a Supernal Horoscope had just doomed them. But, it wasn't a horoscope. This was real. Like, really real.

Focus, grasshopper.

"Ummm, okay, sorry, yes, please?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Oh! Right!" Avis exclaimed, the smile disappearing as she realized the glaring flaw in her plan of attack. Lowering her voice, she took his hand and moved him around the van again, so it sat between them and That Guy's house.

"Sorry, I really, um, forgot that you literally have no idea what happened. Like, you know how sometimes an idea just stands out so clearly in your mind that it just seems like it would be obvious to everyone else? Like it would be a universal idea? Well, obviously that's not true. I'm sorry for not explaining," she said, voice low despite the steel, humming walls between her and the strange, not-wooden walls of the house. "You're seeing emotions right now. The emotional aura. You throw on your Prime Sight, you can see the full thing. Get a peek at just how odd some of us really are." A brief smile appeared with the joke. "So, this," she cut off abruptly and stepped forward, placing her hands on the side of his head and drew him into a kiss. She let it linger, let the sensation build, and then stepped back once again.

"That red stuff, that's um. Well, that's that. What we just did, basically. A brighter red, that's the opposite. And orange, that's what you'd feel if asp was bright red and y'all were around sharp objects."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes Sirith liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Best. Magic. Lesson. Ever.

Even if she hadn't described it, he'd have a pretty good idea, now. Cherries mixed with the taste of cinnamon in time with the warm, no, hot, flush along the back of his neck. Violets and oranges pinwheeled across the reddish blues like a Van Gogh painting, the razor line between nervous apprehension and anticipation exposed in the light tremor of the hand that came to rest on her waist.

Ears warmed in embarrassment as he saw the splash of crimsons, and he was so close to apologizing...

...but it wasn't just him.

Bacon and eggplant. It's not as bad as it sounds, if, when... He'd just kind of... assumed... from that first, very first, reaction...

"That's... amazing,"
    he breathed, after he'd goldfished for a few seconds. A grin cracked out as he regrouped his wits. "The aura thing is pretty cool, too."

Eyes skittered around like a pinball as they roamed over her emotional foxfire. Asp? Oh. It took a moment. Mainly because he knew she'd never hurt him, so that was an alien concept.

"There's no... you don't have to wonder...," he said, half to her, half thoughts aloud. Scary, yo. Because he was probably seeing the best of this, right now. What would it do for faith in humanity to look around on the bus?

"What about the, hmmm, blues? And, uh... do you always do this?"

Yeah, okay. He was totally tempted to ask for 'clarification' on the red, but, they were on some dude's lawn buying a van.
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes Sirith, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Um. No. No I don't," Avis replied, lank hair swishing again as she shook her head. "Not as much as I should, maybe. It gets kinda confusing, sometimes. So many colors, all mixing together, and sometimes how they mix matters, so there's all this, ya know, possibility for misinterpreting, sometimes. It's better than just reading people, but I've made mistakes. Like, the blues are a good example. For a long time I didn't really get the difference between the color for calm and the color for, um, how we feel about each other. Cause...I've never felt this way before."

Somehow, the admission seemed more even more intimate then the kiss had, and her face flushed it's own color separate from her aura. "So, anyways. A blue like, um, the sky on a sunny day, means calm. A blue like, neon, I guess, is what we feel for each other. A blue that's dark means you don't trust someone. Or don't know if you can trust them. Probably what the van guy looks like since we're taking so long," she explained, a hesitant smile coming over her face.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A grin that was sympathetic, conspiratory, and embarrassed slipped out.

Yeah.

This? New for him, too. Eyes dropped to where their hands met, and he rolled his from side to side, looking at them. The odd pink-orange-ish swept through his blues. Bacon.

"Same."
    He looked up and smiled, letting every color but fen water fade as he looked into her eyes. The word? Their colors, and an admission. He squeezed her hand, and nodded.

There was more to say, maybe, maybe not. Maybe the colors said everything. He stepped away, looking for their host.

"Yo!"
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

There was definitely that MJ smell coming off the guy when he returned from the covered porch he'd been chilling on. Thankfully, that meant things went pretty smoothly when it came to negotiations. Not that he caved or anything, but some dollars definitely fell off the price tag, much to the man's light blue frosting covered, lavender garnished, chocolate. But hey, having half the payment in cash was certainly a bonus. Especially since it meant more of that red licorice inducing smoke.

So, the cash was given, a check was cut, and a van became theirs. Keys got tossed over, and then the ex-owner of an awesome van left them to the spoils.

"So, um, help me load the bike into the back?" Avis asked, turning to the Man Once Known as Cut.

Continued in A Direction

12. Likes Sirith liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Continued from Sanctum Vans

Mind: Blown. Which was funny, because Mind. But, literally. Watching the man, being able to respond to his shifts... it was cool... and creepy. Not super creepy, but voyeur-ish. Really, though, it wasn't that different than reading body language, it was just All There.

He'd kinda wanted to celebrate April 11th with the guy, but, We don't do that. Salmon with a side of eggplant ruled the day when it was over: it was theirs! In all of it's pea-soup green glory, Wizardy On Wheels.

"Uh. Yeah. Okay."

Dubious eyes regarded his bike. The van could hold it, and, wow, was that handy or what, but, heavy. Before it was done, strawberry fields has blossomed at his struggling, carefully smothered each time by the muddy orange chocolate flan of embarrassment. He'd been working out. He could tell. It was just... taking... time. Dread coiled in his belly, waiting for a taunt or rebuke as sweat stung at his eyes and atrophied muscles protested.

He was pretty sure his left hamstring wasn't permanently damaged.

A hand flicked hair out of his eyes; the mop, used, wet and matted with sweat. Slowly, the minty blues were returning. It was strange to think she'd seen all of that. Really, really strange.

"I hear you're totally quite the van driver,"
    he grinned, offering up the driver's side with a flourish. Lips opened, and he shook his head ruefully. Blue is good. Remember that. Sharing. "I feel... I feel so, I don't know? Exposed? Do you?"
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

#Avis answered him with a shrug, eyes falling to the ground, and then the spell suddenly fell away, fading from Star's mouth and nose.

"Um, yeah, but, that was kinda the point?" She looked back up at him, her cheeks saying just as much as her aura would have. "I mean, uh...anyways, no, I'm not a good driver," she continued, rapidly switching the subject. "I've done it a few times, but that was usually just around the parking lot. The one time I, ya know, actually drove, that was because I had to. Like, I was running from a psycho, so I made sure it happened. I don't have a license or anything." Fen water eyes fell back to their feet.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"No..."

But it was too late.

"...Wait."

Lips thinned in a rueful moue, and his head rolled side to side. Yep. His fault. He'd made it sound that way. New things don't always get the right words. It happens. A protesting arm reached out across her shoulders in a side hug, and moppy hair met lank hair.

"Not what I meant. But, it's cool. Thank you. That was... intense. Thank you for sharing. For showing me,"
    he rambled a little. This? The arm around her? He liked it.

A deep breath was inhaled as words were sorted like cards. He'd already mis-dealt once.

"Because... because I knew, I know, that you could see? Everything. And that you were okay with it. I've never... that's never happened. Does that ever happen? For anyone? Without, you know?"

His shoulder dipped so he could lean down, craning his head down and around to make eye contact as she'd fixed her gaze downward.

"So. Point taken."
    Eyes skittered away, and a tongue wet his lips. Funny. Nervous. Even though he knew, and she knew, and he knew she knew, and she knew he knew she knew.

"I neon blue you."
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes Sirith, RebornSeas, Cayce liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread