Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Vans

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis just shrugged while he laughed, not really wanting to admit to, or defend, the joke. She didn't really mean anything cruel when she'd said it, but Zoey had a way of making everything seem gloomy, and given her shadow-name, it just seemed to fit. Still, maybe that was something best left said in the confines of the skull and not into open air.

"Yeah, we tell Asp and Zoey,"
    Avis agreed. "Cause I mean what I said before. I do want Zoey to take a look, too, but more as like a second opinion, you know what I mean? I want to have information in my head to draw on when we talk to her, because she's really good at seeing one perspective, her own, and that doesn't really work for me. And...don't you think Nous is kind of the same way? I don't get that open minded vibe from her. I get the 'I know what's up, and no one else does,' more than anything else. Not as bad as Lycus, that guy just had his head up his ass, but it's still not that comforting."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I liked Lycus."

The words were offered with a gentle shrug, and a corner of his mouth dipped. It wasn't an argument; heck, everyone had their own opinion on other people. It just... was. If the guy was still around, maybe, he might justify it. Explain. But he wasn't. And who could blame him?

"I guess I got to know him and Nous at the same time? This Breach thing...,"
    the words trailed off. Weird times. Ended up with Zoey sitting in a car that Lycus was throwing rocks at, and Toby Esterhase doing a Joe Montana two minute drill. Fingers played with the turn signal stalk, flicking it up and down.

"Nous is cool. She just, hmmm, gets like that when no one wants to make a decision, I think? But she's not all in her own thing, she'll go along, like, that's, hmmmm. I guess I'm saying she doesn't have to be right? We kind of had this deal where the script got changed and she rolled with it." It was hard to explain, sometimes, the way he saw people. How one thing might mean other things. Hands came up in a light defensive gesture. "But I'm not pushing for her. Just explaining. It's your thing. Pepper it is. Your call."

As for Zoey? He got it. Especially with something Important. And Personal.

"I'm just riding shotgun."
    He grinned and winked, then tilted his head towards the door.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I still like hearing your opinion. I'm not," she trailed off, searching for words, "trying to dismiss what you said. Just explain my thinking, you know? So if you every think somethings a much better idea, or a worse one, still tell me, ok? Like, um. Trying to make our own sushi? Good idea, or bad idea?" she finished lamely, trying to soften the mood, just like he'd done earlier.

It was heavy stuff what they were talking about. And though she liked concepts with weight, it was the contrast that truly made life interesting, and truly made things what they were. That was part of why she felt the neon blue. Though they had a lot of similarities, there was a sense of lightness about him that she couldn't quite find in herself, but that she enjoyed to be near.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Sirith, RebornSeas, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, I know," he agreed. A lighter smile came out, and hands came together to mesh long fingers. "And... I think that's A Thing? Like, not always agreeing, because boring, but maybe always listening?"

He was pretty sure that was totally A Thing.

"Like, I'm listening, and totally heard you say sushi," the smile rippled into delighted laughter. "And making our own? That's an Awesome Terrible idea!"

Yep. They were totally going to end up with burrito sized rolls -- and hopefully with all of their fingers intact. But Good Idea. As for him? If We came with strings of fate, then at least there was sushi.

He reached for the door.

GREAT Scene!
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes RebornSeas, Cayce liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread