Ended
Watch

Guard Duty (Striker and Avis)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The clock struck midnight, and Avis was laying in the middle of the circle's sanctuary, staring up into the dimly lit arches high above her. She crossed a denim clad leg over it's companion's knee and let her black, jacket clad arms folding beneath her head to cushion her skull against the marble floors. Cinnamon breath gusted against the toothpick held in her lips, expertly cradled so that it barely moved even when she turned her head to look at the empty, glass soda bottle sitting upright by her side.

It wasn't really a bottle. It was a sword in disguise. Tonight she was traveling armed, because who knew where she might be walking. Guard duty had fallen to her and that cheerful Aussie guy, and it would be their job to patrol the neighborhood around their fortress and make sure nothing was awry. Hence why she was also in disguise for the evening. Well, kinda. If anyone had been expecting more grey track suits, they would be disappointed. Or perhaps confused. Whatever, she'd be alright with either.

All she needed now was her compadre in counter-surveillance.

"Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

Striker yawned as he walked into the Circle. His jeans and T-shirt was dirty but at least his jacket was clean. His day had been full and the work had been hard, but he was looking forward to the patrol. The chance to wander the streets again, stretch his legs instead of being confined to the same spot. Plus a chance to talk to Avis.

He'd felt something of a connection with her ever since he'd seen her in Burgers and Brew all those months ago. Maybe it was just the familiarity of someone who looked like they'd been through hard times. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe Fate would have told him, he hadn't asked.

He improvised a spell that he rarely used, fighting to get it to stick amongst all the spells he was maintaining from the morning, the full kit. He usually got plenty of sleep, but tonight he had more to do, more duties, more service to fulfil. And so he would Forgo Rest for tonight. As he perked up he was satisfied with the spell. It would let him last long enough.

He could tell someone was nearby and assumed it was Avis, though she wasn't hard to find.

"Evening mate." he called out as he approached.

Spells

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Yo, Striker," Avis drawled, sitting up. She flicked a lazy salute at him and then got to her feet, grabbing the bottle off the floor on her way up. She took a moment to stretch and yawn herself. Damn things were contagious. She'd actually only gotten up a few hours ago, so there was no reason to be tired. Perks of graveyard shift had finally appeared, fuck yeah.

"I figured I'd wait to throw my stuff on until you got here so it'd last longer. You mind waiting just a sec?" She didn't wait for his response, though. It had really been more of a courtesy than it had been a question. Like, really, why would he have a problem with it? Well, whatever. It was time to do magical stuff. Stuff like weave static over her head, threading strands together until it formed a shield any tin-foil wearing psycho would be down-right jealous about. It was really just a piece of the working, though. Another layer was woven over her body, meshing into the hat so it wouldn't hamper her meta-physicality. It wasn't the strongest working, sure, but it would hold. Then, once she'd chanted those spells into existence she threw another one up over her eyes, giving her some prime spy glasses to stare about with.

Thus armed she turned to Striker and nodded. "Alright, I'm good to go. We might want to work out a legend, though."

Mind Sheild (pot 1) + Misperception (pot 1), and Supernal Sight (pot1)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-14 23:17:56 Avis rolls 5 to supernal sight: wits+occult+prime (10 Again) 10, 6, 2, 2, 1, 6 1 success
    2014-10-14 23:17:12 Avis rolls 7 to combined mind shield+misperception (gnos3+mind4+hs2-2) (10 Again) 8, 1, 9, 7, 1, 2, 6 2 successes

-2 mana to power both shields for 24 hours.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

T

He waited while Avis embraced the Supernal, what else could he do? He pulled out his knife and flipped it in his hand a couple of times, blade over handle, to pass the few seconds it took her. He hefted it once to test the weight. I wonder how well I could throw it? Once she stopped chanting he put it away again.

"Legend? What kind of legend? You mean sorta like trailblazing? Or some sorta code?" he asked the other Talon and confused look on his face.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Um, kinda. It's a spy thing. I started reading up on because of, um," she trailed off. "Well, I'm in a cabal with two Guardians, you know? Figured it would be good to learn more about their kit. This bit is kinda helpful, too. Basically, a legend is like a cover, but a cover is just a basic description. A cover would be like: 'Two people walking together.' The legend would be like, 'you're Joe, 32, accountant. I'm Janie, 24, bartender. We're walking together after leaving a cancer support group, and are gossiping about our families.' I mean, usually legends are more thorough, but that should give you the idea. I was thinking that, while we patrol we'll probably stick out, so I'm gonna use a disguise and if we have a legend we might go more unnoticed if someone is surveiling the neighborhood. Ya know, like Seers, or Banishers, or whatever. Here, I'll throw up the disguise, you tell me what you think."

She paused, drew in a breath, fixed an image in her mind, and then set to chanting, her hands flicking through a series of subtle mudras.

disguise

4 successes to Imposter. Resist with Comp + Gnos.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-15 23:23:06 Avis rolls 10 to IMPOSTER (int2+subter3+mind4+HS2-1) (10 Again) 3, 9, 6, 6, 7, 4, 3, 10, 4, 10, 3, 9 4 successes

T

Striker's face didn't lose it's confused look as Avis explained.

"Is all that really necessary?" he asked sceptically.

"Holy hell! What've ya done?" He exclaimed as she changed. He'd seen her face and even her hair shift before his eyes. "Did you actually change? Or are you just messing with my head?" His face amazed, he lent to the left and right to get a better angle. A smile formed on his face as an idea sparked in his brain.

He gripped the handle of his knife as he chanted and formed the vision of what he knew the universe could do if it would get let go of the Lie. Avis' change made the spell easier to form in his mind and as he finished a dull roar announced the Vulgarity of what he was doing as his hair began to grow and become lighter until it settled, leaving him with shoulder length blonde hair.

"How's that?" he asked Avis finally, an excited smile on his face. Damn he loved learning new things.

rolls

7. Likes Cayce liked this post
    T

Forgot previous spells for limit and tolerance. Body Control dropped to cast Two Faces. -1 for tolerance doesn't make a difference to result.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"You look," she trailed off, studying him quizzically. "Like a rocker, I guess. Not as much as Ixidor, but still. Or, no, kinda like someone from a fantasy movie. Like with elves and stuff. And it's not really necessary, no, but what else are we gonna talk about while we walk around? We say too much about ourselves and it's like we're throwing ammunition to the enemy. But whatever," she said with a shrug, making her way towards the exit. "We're disguised, so I guess it might not matter. And mine's just a trick, it's not like yours. Someone could see through it."

T

"Heh. Rocker? Elf? I was going more for surfer or beach bum." He shook his head feeling the long hair swish around. "Shoulda given it more frizz I guess. Whatever." He followed Avis out into the cool night air and looked around at the quiet streets. "You reckon Bs are listening in on us or something? I mean I know they're s'pose to be a problem but things seem to have been pretty quiet since I got here." He wondered if Avis would go North towards the shops or South through the more residential area. "You know these streets at all?" He asked her, picturing the connections between places nearby in his mind.

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"No, I don't mean you look like an Elf, I just meant you look like you might be in a movie with one. Cause bums usually aren't so clean shaven, ya know? And I have no fuckin' idea about surfers. I-uh, never went to the beach much," Avis said, her voice going remarkably flat with the admission.

Silence reigned for some minutes after that, the Warlock heading north and simply directing her attention to glancing around them. Casually, as one might when bored, or simply enjoying an evening stroll.

"Kinda," she said once they'd gotten several blocks between them and the Circle. "I used to roam around here a lot when I was still living next to Leo. He kinda made it sound like eviction was a possibility, so I thought I should scope a good spot out just in case. Then I met Asp and Star and Zoey, and that changed things, ya know? New neighborhood, new streets." She shrugged. "How about you? You walk around much?"

12. Likes Teeramus liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread