Ended
Watch

Pinning the Moth

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Nodding to toward Michael. “Oh, you are absolutely correct. Speculation can be a great enemy.”

Chris’ word of magic caused a stirring of actual worry in the Daeva. “Can you, perhaps, elaborate on the magic in the aura? If you are able?” Her hand, once on her lap, fell between herself and the Shadow. Vivian's face didn’t show concern, but the slight movement of her hand off her leg may have.

“If you have her contact info, you could ask, perhaps. Although, it may not be entirely necessary to do so either.” The Daeva shrugged slightly, it wasn’t her first time in a game like this but she was not point in this. “I am definitely interested in aiding whatever way necessary.” Nodding to both of the men, looking at them both briefly a moment.

Looking to the Acolyte Shadow as she began her next set of words. “Please forgive me, if I am rambling about in something I do not know. Does your Covenant have any sort of particular spell to ward against the effects of whatever we witnessed?

“Or… something to help you focus those thoughts?”
    The Daeva meant something other than focusing on her, a bobble, a scent of perfume, or something to aid. “Perhaps for all involved, for however we do this.”

Vivian’s hand above the table raised, palm forward, indicating the point she was attempting to make. “Above all, I do want to know what she is and wants. But preparation is something one can never over do, at least in my opinion.”

PRE

A magic aura? That would explain why Chris seemed to hesitate somewhat. Even Vivian asks more about it, which might possibly mean that she is also concerned. Michael studies her for a moment.

4 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-28 19:56:32 Michael Travis rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy to read Vivian (10 Again) 9, 2, 8, 8, 9 4 successes

She didn't really seem anxious, save for a nervous shift in her position. It was subtle, but different. Michael supposes she is just good at hiding her emotions, much like he is. The stakes are pretty high to go chasing curiosities.

Michael raises a brow at Vivian's question about the abilities of their clan. That would be interesting, indeed. All I seem to be good at dodging bullets. And watching. He, himself doesn't know of any such ability. Maybe Chris would?

At least the three agreed on what kind of action there was to take. Michael pushes for a resolution. "So we agree. We want to investigate and we want to do it right. There is safety in numbers, even if I, for example, am not physically in the room with you when you meet with her. I can keep watch, perhaps. I'm also a decent shot, if it comes to that. More useful on the Kine, to be sure, but the ability to take down an enemy at range shouldn't be underestimated."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris thinks for a moment, then he nods again to Vivian. 'Yes, the aura. There was so much going on I couldn't really make much sense of it. She had enveloped herself in magic, it could be protective, but it definitely had an influence... on the world around her.' Not just one person. Or one thing. 'Her aura was pale, like ours, yet I'm not convinced she's just Kindred.' He shakes his head, it's a mystery. 'The magic was so bright it hurt my eyes.'

It is interesting to hear the Daeva ask about Cruac. Powers of the blood are still a mystery to him, there are so many secrets in the world. He only knows of a few. Sometimes he forgets how many Kindred probably know even less. The Hierophant is not even sure how to correctly answer the question. 'What exactly do you mean? My Covenant can protect you from many things, but I don't know what to protect us from. Then again, our rituals are not actual spells, Nefertiti's magic seemed quite different.'

They would just have to react quickly, and improvise. So he's relieved to hear that Michael is apparently a capable shadow. 'If you could indeed not be physically present, that would be nice. Not to mention the element of surprise - if things go South.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

They both knew Vivian was a Daeva, and that she was possibly capable of a few things. Her use of others were yet to be mentioned. She’d keep it like this for a while.

Nodding to Michael. “Yes, this sounds like an excellent plan for whoever wants to confront her or I should say speak with her. I think a confrontation would probably not be wise, at least for now.”

As Chris continued to explain what he saw, Vivian’s fingers only curled slightly on the seat betwixt them. It was one thing when they were in control of the side of magic, quite another when it was in the hands of another. “You’re right, Chris, it could be protection or something far more.”

“Protect you or anyone of us from influence of some sort; magical, vampiric or something of that nature, maybe even feminine charm.” If it came down to a decision like that, she would learn to deal with it. Vivian never really charmed him, or so she thought. If it meant giving that up, there were more important things… supposedly. "As I said previously, I am not aware of powers of the Acolytes, so forgive me if I am completely off in my thinking."

Looking to the two of them, Chris then Michael. “Do we have access to wires of any sort? Or some alternate communication? I’m afraid I do not have those at my disposal. ”

Any longer…

5 suxx Travis sees no emotions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-29 19:35:16 Vivian Shows Nothing? rolls 6 to Manip+ Sub (10 Again) 10, 9, 10, 4, 10, 8, 3, 4, 4 5 successes

PRE

Magic. There was that. Michael knows little about it, much less how to combat it. Still, the mystery surrounding the woman draws Michael like a beacon - never mind the risk. He is eager for the events to unfold. With Chris in agreement over the beginnings of a plan, Michael begins to run over various possible plans and outcomes. He doesn't immediately think of the 'perfect' solution, but the gears were turning.

"Wires?" I'll have to remind myself to go 'shopping' again soon. "If either of you are familiar with the less upstanding members of society, I am sure we can get our hands on them. Vivian's talents might be particularly useful in..." He struggles for the right words. "Making the business transaction run smoother. Barring that, we might as well learn how to read each others' minds." His statement, once again, could have been perceived as a witty jab - if he had put any kind of emotion into it.

"All of that being said, it would be wiser to not aggravate Ms. Khan, so subtlety is preferred over confrontation."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris shrugs, 'It's not really a confrontation. My plan is actually just to speak very openly about the fact that I know she's no mortal. And then improvise from there. It's same with any other Kindred I would meet on the streets.' He looks at Vivian and Michael, they might think this is a bad idea, but then they should come with a better one.

The talk about Cruac becomes even more interesting then. The Hierophant can't promise anything, but he can still be vague and mysterious about it. 'Well, you're not completely off, just a little,' he teases Vivian with a wink. 'I'll see if there's anything I can do.'

He's not sure how they're imagining wires to work. If you're talking to someone, there's no use in having wires, or is there?

'I can speak to you in your minds, but you would have to be okay with that. I can stay on the surface so you can speak back to me - you would feel it if I tried to read more, but I would never want to intrude your privacy.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

“Maybe, Michael, if it’s even necessary.” Slightly shrugging, it was just a passing thought. But, Chris was right. It wasn’t a time for guns to blaze or a posse to intercept. For all they knew, these were new Kindred in town. “You’re right though, they should be treated like any other newcomer to the Domain.” The Daeva may not have had any powers to the sort, yet, the fact that the Acolyte saw what he did felt like a foreboding.

“Alright then.” Vivian returned the wink. It wasn’t like her to pry into matters of Covenants, particularly since she had no involvement in any of them.

The Daeva did have secrets, they were hers to keep until she let them be known. For a while, she had been debating on telling someone one or two of them. Vivian held no qualms in letting Chris in, after all, she was who her internal debate was about. “I have no issues with you doing so.” Looking to him long enough to let him know it wasn’t an idle decision. Looking across the table to Michael. “Its entirely up to you. One of us may be enough to internally communicate.” She put her hand up in a stopping manner, but smirked. “But two of you in my head at once may be crowded.”

I’m betting his views change on me quick smart…

PRE

"If you can project this ability of yours to someone you cannot see, that would be a viable solution. I will likely stand lookout somewhere outside of the meeting place in case Ms. Khan decides she wants more from you than a friendly chat." It just seems, to Michael, like the best way to proceed. He had a professional respect for both of these Kindred, which was a good enough reason to want to see them live through their encounter. Besides that, he wouldn't be able to learn anything more from them if they met their Final Deaths. "When is this meeting scheduled for?" Michael asks, hoping to move towards the next phase.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris just looks at Michael with a friendly smile. He hopes not too much telepathic communication will be necessary anyway. Then the invisibility problem...

If he doesn't even know - I can probably see him.

'Very well, thank you. I'll manage our communication then. The meeting is quite soon actually. On [insert date]. But I'm not sure if we have anything else to prepare for? We just have to make sure we don't appear like a threat to her business, after all you overheard her saying.'

V
    Vivian York

The evening to come would turn out to be an interesting night for the three-some. Her circle of knowing people was thin at this stage, if back up was needed Vivian hadn’t an inkling of who to call. Maybe her Priscus, or the thin Shadow she met at the party.

“Gentlemen.” The Daeva’s hand palmed to both of them. “You tell me when, where and how you want me and I will do my best to comply.”

She’d said her peace and concerns regarding how she could be involved earlier. The blonde wanted to leave it up to them right now. To take the reigns on this investigation wouldn’t suit her yet. Vivian was still quite comfortable laying low.

“Maybe the two of you go in? There’s a posing as a couple option,” Although would it be posing… “or singularly just you, Chris. But, I agree, we do not want to appear to be a threat.”

The Succubus would wait until the men decided. She swung both ways, taking orders or giving them. Hopefully they would make a good suggestion.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.