Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Asp, Eryxias, Telos

THREADID
    C
    Casitive

Telos | Silver Ladder Status: Lictor of Northen California | Consilium Status: Visitor

“Asp, pleasure,” Telos says, warmth suffusing her voice, “I am Telos, Acanthus of the Silver Ladder, and Lictor of Northern California.” The woman takes the hand easily, a firm grasp honed by many years of practice. “This overly serious young man next to me is Eryxias, Moros of the Silver Ladder, Clerk to myself, and affirmed – at least by me – workaholic.”

A smile breaks on Telos' lips, a bit of a joke that Eryxias frowns at.

“We're only visiting; we've already met with Herald Zodiac ,” a pointed look back towards the Warlock. “I'm happy we've finally made our way to Sacramento.”

Eryxias | Silver Ladder Status: Clerk to the Lictor | Consilium Status: Visitor

Pouting is not something men will admit to doing. It is always a 'frown' and if Asp asks later, Eryxias will say he frowned at Telos at her good-natured joke. But, honestly, it's a pout. It's only a fleeting pout but it is enough of one for the Obrimos Provost to notice. What the pout also says, is that Telos is completely in the right at calling Eryxias a workaholic.

Nothing is funnier than the truth.

The Clerk turns his attention towards Asp and shakes her hand when it is his turn, “Eryxias as Lictor Telos said. Nice to meet you, Asp. We're just getting settled in and glad we made it here before the formal Consilium.”

Cross Asp

A
    Asp

So this was Telos? The Telos?

Somewhere in the back of her cracked mind, she wondered if this was an impostor. But it couldn't be. Aquinas was here. He would know Telos. They knew each other. His lack of concern sort of set her mind at ease.

Sort of.

"It's a pleasure, ma'am," the young Provost said with a respectful nod of her head. At the introduction to Eryxias, she grinned mirthfully at the joke. "You too, Eryxias. Welcome to Sacramento. Hopefully you take a chance to enjoy the city some before you go?"

At the stirring over by Zodiac and Falstaff, the Obrimos's eyes snapped over. She remained quiet for a moment, frowned briefly, then resumed her conversation. She forced her mind away from the Libertine's shenanigans, reminding herself of the importance of being social even when she wanted to remove someone forcefully from a gathering. "You came at a good time. It should be an interesting night, not to be missed. First gathering of Heirarch Aquinas's new regime, lots of movement going on."

She looked about the gathering. Where was Adrian at?

"Haven't seen Ixidor around yet tonight, otherwise I'd put you guys in touch. Have you had a chance to meet any of the local Silver Ladder reps?"

Surely Zoey's buddy would be floating around somewhere.

C
    Casitive

Telos | Silver Ladder Status: Lictor of Northen California | Consilium Status: Visitor

I expect so,” Telos replies off of Asp's observation of the coming meeting. Her left hand comes to rest on her hip, while a piercing gaze settles on the Obrimos. “First meetings and first impressions usually are. Interesting, I mean. Some will remember it for years to come and it colors how they'll view the administration for a good long while.

A sidelong glance towards Eryxias follows, a bit of a check to see how the serious Moros is doing.

We have met most of the Thearchs of the area already. Hierarch Aquinas was kind enough to set up a meeting with them as well as the Herald to get ourselves situated quickly and to explain the Factotum Exam we will be holding.” Telos pauses regarding the Arrow thoughtfully, “Of which, we'll probably reiterate for those others interested in taking the exam.

Shrugging, Telos' seriousness falls away like a fall-leaf, “I haven't seen Ixidor too, I've threatened his Cabal that I'll invite myself over to their sanctum to see how my former apprentice was doing and eat their food; but as of yet? I haven't seen him.

I'll try,” Eryxias assures Asp amicably, “but, I can't promise for sure. There's always a lot to do, a drink-run to do, and little details to get right.” The taller Moros with a charming smile shrugs helplessly. “I'll be glad to have a better handle on some of the rest of the cabals in the Consilium though, can you point them out Asp?

Last Call! Aquinas calls for the Counselor to Come Forward and for the Itinerary to begin

A
    Asp

Asp was about to reply, but then Aquinas called the meeting to order, and she gave the Lictor and her Clerk a little nod. "You bet, once business is taken care of," she whispered to them.

As Ermac went up, she shot the Obrimos Councilor a wink and a nod of encouragement…

…and noticed Mace going up?

Hmm.

C
    Casitive

“I should get ready to speak then, shouldn't I?” Telos says rhetorically to her Clerk and Asp in particular. Her posture is relaxed while speaking to the pair but the Lictor's perceptive gaze follows the movements of the Paths towards the center of the room. Each leader is weighed and considered, before looking to the next.

Telos' weight shifts, her decision already made as she asides to Asp “Take care of Eryxias for me, would you?” It isn't a goodbye, but the woman does intend on returning to her place once the necessary judgments are done.

Telos Returns to the Main Thread

“Have fun,” the Moros replies to Telos' rhetorical question already knowing that Telos does enjoy the work. She's also the type to like roller-coaster rides for the adrenaline. The Moros idly considers if the two things link up.

Eryxias turns towards Asp, a charming smile despite his overly serious demeanor. “I hear it's been pretty eventful as of late,” the taller Moros observes, inviting Asp to explain from her point of view.

A
    Asp

"It really has," she agreed, smiling right on back at the Moros as Telos went up. "Scelesti and a new Heirarch and a new offensive against the Banishers - it's been a busy time."

She quieted, then, to listen to the presentation by Telos, her youthful features serious as she took it all in. A suspension of the Lex and Charter? Interesting.

Then, she was up.

"I'm actually about to go report in on the Scelesti issue. See ya in a few?"

Asp returns to the main thread.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.