Ended
Watch

(1410) Chris and Juan

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Tonight was certainly a turn for stranger things. Both Baldwin and Roth were looking quite lively. The beautiful Lady Daniella Sage was speaking to the Unmasked Premsyl and the possibly Masked and Blushed Kindred. A bizarre start to the night.

Cordoba waved in return to Notaku . The urge to slaughter the man was quelled by his titanic frame. He'd enough chaos in Court. No need to add to its literal bloodied history.

The Beast irked just a hair as heard the Mekhet calling his name. The Daeva turned on the heels of his feet with a brilliant smile upon his face. An enthusiastic basso voice exclaimed "Simply marvelous, Heirophant! Simply marvelous." He inclined his head slightly, "And how are you, good sir?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Just that marvelous huh? Well, good to hear!' Chris smiles, curious whether the cavalier's bright mood would have a particular cause, or that it's just being at Court. As he replies he gives a light shrug, 'Well, I'm okay I guess. But honestly, I was hoping for some positive distractions tonight.'

With an emphasis on positive. A Bloodhunt might fit in Asa's picture of "bread and games", but the Hierophant is not quite satisfied.

'Though it seems all our everyday Requiem's are just going on and on. Besides, I've finally settled down somewhere... and I'm not even one of the new faces anymore.' He chuckles, as if that was really the case when he returned, and he nods to latest new arrival. Chris had seen Juan looking in his direction.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

J
    Juan Cordoba

"I'm glad to hear you're doing well and put down roots." The man smiled to him reassuringly. "I'm apparently old hand now too." Juan looked back over to the newcomer. "Once Lady Sage has finished her conversation, we ought to speak with him. Never hurts to be friendly."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'You? Definitely, you're almost dusty, seρor,' he teases the Daeva by pretending to check his shoulders for a layer of dust.

Then Chris shrugs, with a friendly grin, 'On the bright side, your paintings become more valued over time. How's the business going anyway?' Would he still need Chris' help? That would certainly be a good distraction right now.

'And I agree, it is good to know people, as well as it is important to be known. I'll be your sidekick then,' he looks at his own suit, to compare it with the good looking Juan, 'because there's really no other option. Is it a secret where you get your suits?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador chuckled at the Heirophant's friendly gesture. "Oh dear, I might up as a museum piece all too soon!" He laughed once more.

"I'm still churning out more paintings." His eyes took on a daydreaming gleam, "I want the audience to see a plethora of the greatest scenes from history and literature." The glint had faded, "I'm still in the midst of securing funding and the right people to meet. I see no need to rush."

He added a wink, "Don't think I have forgotten your desire to assist either. I'm taking my time to ensure everything is set up just right."

Juan gave a contemplative look to Chris's outfit. "Hmm...yes, you ought to visit, Navin's Custom Clothier. It's located near Reverence. 324 K Street if you'd like an address. I've been there a few times. Gradually making inroads."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris chuckles at Juan's daydreaming. He definitely agrees though, 'No need to rush, absolutely true. Especially since Sacramento has a relative high amount of cultural venues, I think, you should take enough time to find the right place for you.' Of course it's the capitol of California, but there are way bigger cities not too far away.

'I'm currently just doing some freelance work, so I have enough time - when you're ready.' Yet the Toreador shouldn't feel obliged to anything. It's just a reminder of Chris' situation. He hasn't been bored in a long while, for that matter.

He nods then, making a mental note. 'Near Reverence, I can remember that, thanks.' Just when he's about to say more, he appears to be distracted by another new arrival.

A real Haunt.

You don't see them very often. Her strangeness makes it easier to be aggressive, in some way. Some would say that destroying a monster is never wrong. Naturally, they're all monstrous Beasts. Thus the Hierophant calms his own inner predator before turning to Juan agian.

'It appears Sacramento is no less a popular destination these days.'

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Freelance work?" He inquired. "That sounds very entrepreneurial of you," he congratulated Wooding. "Ordinarily, I would wish you luck but, I know you'll flourish," a wink and a pat on the forearm. "Good show."

At Chris's mention of new arrivals, he turned and saw the Nosferatu ( Scylla ). Sure she looked terrifying, in his eyes, looking past all that unsettling appearance, she was prey. "I see what you mean."

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Hello, gents," says Konrad in greeting to Juan and Chris as he approaches their discussion. "Thought I heard someone say 'entrepreneur'. Hope you're talking about me." Konrad boldly puts his arm around Chris's shoulder in friendly manner, ignorant of the man's title but an ally in Domain business and card game shenanigans. Chris is welcome to move out of the way to avoid the invading touch in which case Konrad will not pursue.

"Wooding, still raking in the cash at cards? Cordoba, how're those paintings coming along?" Something seems to have the men's attention before his arrival. He tries to follow their gaze which may be either the gorgeous Kindred or the strange appearance of the unsettling haunt. His voice lowers cautiously. "Eyeing some fresh meat, boys? You've got interesting taste."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

for some reason I can't change accounts on my phone?!

Chris is about to reply to Juan when Kobrad 'arrives'. It doesn't happen so often that it feels like an invasion, but now it does. He doesn't step away, but he looks in a way that makes clear he can't really appreciate the informal friendly approach. He might in another situation, but he hardly knows the man. After a second, he manages to smile. Konrad meant no harm. Chris is simply not used to it.

'Oh it's nothing too exciting really. Academic research, reviews, that sort of thing, I simply can't really be tied to an organization.' He happens to be dead and all that. 'But thanks anyways, I might try to do some more professional film journalism. I'll need luck for that!'

When he looks around, he misses the usual crowd. Some typical faces always here, are missing. Maybe they're still in their offices?

Well, the Prince is here.

'We were just... Looking. Seems like a rather quiet start of the evening though.'

10. Likes Vassagon liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The Alder Duke of Sacramento had arrived. A respectful nod to Asa is given.

"Speaking of entrepreneurs," the Daeva chuckled in amusement. The momentary expression of dislike from Chris is noted. He does not address the discomfort.

"Paintings are coming along well."
    He looked to Konrad. "I was just saying to the Heirophant, I am in the midst of going through the processes of set up."

In a hushed voice, he then added, "We certainly have the Yin and Yang present." His gaze gravitated toward Vivian York , "Those 'come-hither' eyes."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.