Ended
Watch

(1410) Sylvan and Miach

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Groups were forming and talks were going strong, and Sylvan seemed to need introductions. While Miach couldn't really do a proper tour, a Herald would be more appropriate, after all, he could at least give the man pointers.

Talking about the group just to their side, the tall Acanthus said with his friendly, heartening smile "Those are Crowley, one of the Herald of the City. He's been picked at the latest Consilium event. With him are Nous, the Acanthus Councilor, Pepper, her Provost, and Ermac, whom I'm not familiar with..."

C
    C_Lloyd

"Let's see, I've met Crowley, but I didn't know we had multiple Heralds. He was pretty cool, though I wish I could have talked to him in a more open setting. I know we're Mystagogues, but I only prefer to speak in cipher-code and riddle-speak when I absolutely have to." The Thyrsus chuckled. "So, Acanthus Councilor and Provost, and Mystery mage. We should go say hi! But first, who is that group who marched in like they own the place? I take it that was a particular Cabal?"

Miach

PRE

"Crowley's a-ok in my book too.

The four mages there... they are a Cabal indeed. I know only three of them, though. First is Zodiac, who is the second Herald of the city."
    he said, with a nod in the direction of the Warlock. "The blonde beside her is Asp, an Arrow, and the man is Star, a Guardian... As for the last one..." Miach shrugged, admitting his lack. He couldn't know everybody either, far from it.

C
    C_Lloyd

"A Cabal, huh? I should find myself a local one. My old Academy served as a cabal, so this is the first time I've been 'Solo.' Let's see, I remember Asp... Aspen? from the Triathalon."

Sylvan smiled and waved towards Asp , but it seems as if she was fairly caught up in something. The Ungula were nothing if not attentive though. Perhaps she'd spot and remember him.

"What's the name of their Cabal? Speaking of which, what's your Cabal?"

Miach

PRE

The whole Academy as a Cabal ? That was new to Miach, but eh, who was he to judge ?

"Yep, Aspen from... the triathlon..." the Acanthus said, and laughed. What a shame, that day ! But he was now training hard to remedy that, and someday he would be able to complete it with a Sleeper's limitations.

"They are known as the Veiled Threats. Talk about ominous names... as for mine, or what's left of it..." and there was a slight pause as Miach reminisced about Four and Toby, "we have chosen the Medstars name. As you can guess, we aim to provide medical care to the Awakened." did he finish with a small bow to the Shaman, a sign he was at his disposal.

C
    C_Lloyd

Sylvan frowned upon hearing Veiled Threat's cabal name.

Guardians, maybe? Or do they just want to sound mysterious and intimidating? Either way, sounds like people I don't want to deal with.

"That's a good cause, Miach. I wish you guys the best. I'm a student of life as well, but I study ecology, biology, and other natural sciences, rather than medicine. I actually came here to Sacramento for Grad school, but there were... complications, as I'm sure you know. So now I'm looking for other options. I may just dedicate myself fully to the study of Esotology. It's one of the most fascinating subjects to explore for me, as it introduces me to a whole new world of creatures that I couldn't even perceive of as a sleeper."

Sylvan's voice grew slightly in pitch, a common shift in one who was prone to 'nerding out.'

"But what other cabals are represented in the city?"

Miach

PRE

"Life... is most, most fascinating indeed. While I haven't studied those as intensively, of course, I'm no slouch about those fields you speak of. Perhaps we could talk shop someday..." he said and chuckled. The mention of complication was... interesting, but the Acanthus didn't feel like it was either the place or the moment to pry, and let it slide gracefully.

"Teratology, then ? Another thing we'd share..." and the gaze he gave the man was deeper, this time. It seemed they would follow parallel paths, with several intersections. It might be interesting to check what Fate, or the future, held for them, perhaps.

"The other Cabals I know of are the Archangels, an Arrow formation, and Unbound Smoke, among which I count a friend of mine, Reverb, and who specialize in information-brokering." who is worryingly absent nowadays... I hope he's alright.

C
    Casitive

Last Call! Aquinas calls for the Counselor to Come Forward and for the Itinerary to begin

C
    C_Lloyd

"Teratology, yep!" replied the Thyrsus excitedly. "I'm sure we'll find the time to talk about it. But thank you for telling me about the Cabals."

Information brokering. I wonder what he means by that.

But the Shaman's thoughts were interrupted by Aquinas call for the ceremonies to begin.

"Looks like we're starting." Sylvan looked towards Aquinas and the councilors, trying to spot who would represent the Thyrsus.

Miach

PRE

"Looks like, yes." the Enchanter replied ,though whether it was about the Sophiad, the Cabals, or the Consilium was anyone's guess. Things were getting in motion in front of them, and he focused back on it, though he didn't move away from Sylvan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread