Ended
Watch

The Second Stage

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    C
    Casitive

David ponders Tracy's answer as he stares at the practice dummy, foam sword in hand. A mote of bloodlust flickers, remembering a promise made by his Companion that he means to keep. He imagines a faceless woman with a black motorcycle helmet, a motorcycle, and leathers. It could be anyone, but Beasts know – they always know. That thought is paired with another and David turns towards Tracy and asks a simple question, “What if you go into the fight with nothing left to lose?

Aïleen was everything to him. A woman who made him feel more tangible than he's ever felt. A best friend. A confident.

So much of what he is doing now is all to find her Justice, to fix the faults that destroyed them both, to finish the work they shared. It is a consuming desire.

Good to know,” David adds off of her explanation of tactics.

PRE

Tracy quirked an eyebrow at his response, a look of concern manifesting in her emerald green eyes. "What's going on David?" she asked, not giving an answer to his question. She figured it had something to do with Aileen's death, but something about the Shadow's overall demeanor was worrisome. "Is there something...you want to talk about?" She held his gaze, but offer him a warm smile, hoping that she could be of help to him someway. "Besides tactics and the like..."

C
    Casitive

Tracy's questions are met, first, with a wall of silence. David isn't sure if he wants to talk about it, but, needing to talk about it is a different thing entirely. Without a Confessor, without his coteriemate to help him deal with the grief it has all sat like a stone in his mind. “As you are courageous and confident, I don't think you've ever felt so utterly powerless in your existance as I did that night.

David's shoulders slump slightly as he recounts, “The Domain failed us as much as I failed her.” A pause as he backs up, Tracy probably doesn't know the whole of what happened that night, “Senechal Villiers and I were investigating a lead at Cedar Fields, revolving around a torpid Elder. Deputy French and a Daeva named Kacey, returned with a Kindred named Francisco Giovanni in tow.” Thin lips purse, “At the same time, Aïleen was investigating a related lead. Giovanni frenzied and attacked Seneschal Villiers. We saved her but, just after, Aïleen called Seneschal Villiers asking for assistance, not knowing what was happening. Immediately, I knew something was deathly wrong even though Seneschal Villiers may have underestimated the danger.

Looking at the foam sword the Shadow continues, “Deputy French and I raced to Aïleen's side, taking us to a lonely little warehouse in the Barrens. The woman was prepared. Thralls littered the area and I couldn't find Aïleen. A trap was sprung and a door was closed. Deputy French shifted into a Mountain Lion. We tried to break the door down. I was so powerless, it was a simple door, and I couldn't budge it. I heard Aïleen's body fall and I could do nothing to stop it.” David shifts his weight, facing Tracy though his eyes are downcast, “I gave myself to my Companion then. It's just flashes of memory after that. Aïleen died because the woman wanted what Aïleen held. A woman the Domain knew about for years and didn't apprehend.” A man's broken heart peeks out from beneath the veneer of Kindred civility.

Silence falls like a curtain, David takes a step towards the dummy, and taps his sword against it, “We returned to Reeve Connery and Seneschal Villiers that night – after I saw the woman's thralls burn down the warehouse where Aïleen's body was. After we discovered that woman's thralls took apart Deputy French's car. I could do nothing to stop any of it. That woman destroyed our Requiem as it was beginning.

PRE

Tracy listened as David spoke, not having realized that there was so much more to this whole thing than she had originally expected. She remained quiet and attentive, listening to the Mekhet's words. The look of concern grew in her eyes, as she slowly realized how badly David hurt inside. It once again made her question whether Kindred were truly capable of true emotion or not. Would she have felt the same way if Max had met an untimely demise at the hands of another? Well, things with Max were complicated still...but she had believed that what they had was love of some sort; even if it was just an echo of what the real thing was. To her, it had meant something, and it had been very real.

Thus, the petite Savage could empathize with David. While she had not suffered a great loss like him, she had suffered a loss of her own in some fashion. "I'm sorry David," was all she could muster at that moment, a saddened expression in her eyes. "I...well, I never really knew you had felt that way about her." Tracy paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts before continuing. "I understand why you feel like the Domain failed you and her, and you are absolutely justified in feeling that way," she said as she took a step closer to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"While it is simply unacceptable that things happened the way they did," she said, looking into his eyes; the saddened expression drifting away...slowly being replaced by hints of anger. "There are times when you've gotta take matters into your own hands. It sounds like that's what you plan on doing." The Gangrel held his gaze in silence for a moment, the fire in her eyes communicating what she wasn't with her own words. "You are entitled to your revenge David, but you don't have to do it alone," she finally said, breaking the silence. "While she clearly meant a lot more to you, as Dog said, she was still a Dragon. Someone killed one of our own, and that shit will not stand!"

Tracy let go of his shoulder at that moment, her hand clenching into a fist and trembling slightly. "When you go out looking for justice," she said to the Shadow, the fire in her eyes growing stronger. "You can count on me to be by your side David. I mean it."

C
    Casitive

She was,” David murmurs faintly as Tracy places a hand on the mourning widower's shoulder, “my other half.” Reaching up with his free hand, David ruffles his hair. Not the type to ever demand attention, or the spotlight, or even to impose on another, a mote of embarrassment blossoms for simply opening up; no matter how needed it was.

The Shadow falls quiet, still, a placid lake that is far deeper than any give the Witness credit for. He stands listening to Tracy speak, watching the fire crackle in her eyes.

Finally, when David speaks again, his voice is lined with gratitude, “Thank you, Tracy. It means a lot that you say that. I will call on you.

Scene?

PRE

Tracy nodded at his words, a mixture of sadness and anger surging through her petite body. It really sucked that someone had taken Aileen away from David, and she hated seeing the guy being so down on himself. Revenge wouldn't bring her back, but perhaps it would help David in some way.

"You will get your closure David," she said to the Mekhet, offering him a tiny smile; the fire in her eyes still burning hot.

End Scene

7. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.