DISPLAYED
(FF14) Gregory & Tessa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence • (Part of the Scenery)
    Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

AwakeOrangutang
    The woman doesn't look very remarkable to Gregory, no more remarkable than himself. It didn't take an expert to figure her for a Beast Seeming. "But even if you haven't seen me before, I haven't been here before...Tessssa."

Gregory pauses for a long moment, turning slowly to her, fed enough to keep his attention away from the food. "Gregory is what I call me. Never know when I'll see a meal as nice as this again. A full stomach clears my head, lets me do what needs doing. You've been here before then? Part of this Freehold, mmm?" The grin seems tinged with malice though that may simply be by design of his old Keeper. His hunched shoulders brings his head a little lower than hers, and he turns it sideways while looking up awkwardly.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

It wasn't very often Tessa got to look down on others, all 5'0" of her not exactly towering over anything save potted plants and small animals. She kinda liked it. The man seemed a slight bit off but in her experience, it seemed that's what changeling society considered par for course. Thin, scraggly, and smelling very much unwashed? Him and that Degnar fellow she once met might get along nicely. More importantly, she wasn't exactly intimidated by him. Good thing too, seemed her animal instincts were most keen when she was frightened.

"I understand that completely." Probably more than he knew. She had lived on the streets once, never knowing where she might get her next meal. Were it not for the likes of Ava and Mrs. Jasons, she might still be in that situation. "At least in this case, it's more of a case of budget than anything else. Besides, good food is good food, you don't pass that up. But no and yes in that order. This is the first I've heard of the Fallen Fair and the first time I've attended it, naturally. How the hell Mrs. Jasons can fit so many people in here is beyond me, you saw it from the outside. It shouldn't be this big. But I'm not complaining. I am part of this Freehold, but only since that Summer thing-a-majig a couple months back. Trust me, I don't know even half the people here." She took a big, juicy bite of some eggplant looking fruit as she finished her sentence. It was quite delicious, though, even if it didn't taste like eggplant at all, which was actually a plus in her opinion.

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Hunching over, the man appears in his forties if not older. His hair is disheveled, his expression bizarre between glee or malice. His frame is thin and clothes ragged or stained, smelling worn and unwashed.
    Mein

His skin is gray like stone and his features more exaggerated, his eyes more set apart. Wings curl around his shoulders, unusable but expressive, as is his short tail. Horns adorn his brow and curl along the contour of his skull. He is what many would describe to be a gargoyle.

"So this is...the Fallen Fair," repeats Gregory thoughtfully, looking around the gardens of the Hedge Hollow. "Then I must present myself to the Witch-Queen for an Oath of Fealty if I am to stay here within the Freehold. You do know that we are currently in the Hedge, don't you? No longer in a tent, no longer in the human world. Do not wander far from this place or you may never find your way back," warns Gregory with a tap on the side of his nose and a sinister grin.

As more space is cleared off the stone table, Gregory hops up to sit on it as he continues to converse with Tessa. "So you are relatively new here then? Interesting. I have met with several Freeholds in my journey to the west coast. Every one is different in some ways and similar in others. I've taken Fealties before, usually just for long enough to get my bearings."

The Gargoyle savors another bite into sweet bread before asking, "Might you tell me about this Summer thing-a-majig? Was there feasting, was there games?" Fortunate to have the attention of this girl, Gregory was curious to know what she knew about the Freehold so far.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

The Hedge? Wait, she remebered Ava saying something about that. Wasn't this like the world between worlds? That thorny area that connected Earth to Arcadia? Suddenly she wasn't feeling a little ill. This might be one of the last places she wanted be right now... or really any time. She had found her way accidentally in the Hedge once and was directly responsible for her now having a tail and claws and a bandit mask. Still... the place seemed safe enough, full of mutual friends and amiable vendors, some of which she knew personally. This seemed like a much different Hedge than she once went through. Still, she couldn't keep the round ears atop her head from twitching fitfully as she began drywashing her hands. To keep her from being caught so off balance, among other things, she grabbed a loaf of bread to munch on. That would keep her hands still.

"No games. Refreshments but no feast. It was a... somewhat somber event. I think it was like a funeral for some people who died during a dragon attack. Brother Lucas, the head honcho for the Summer Court, gave a really moving speech." She left out the part about her climbing the walls beforehand when she got spooked by a new Changeling. The less people knew, the better. He wanted to find out, he could go ask someone else.

"Just out of curiosity, why have you moved around so much? Never found a place that suit your style? Or do you just like to travel the road?"

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

"A dragon attack?" repeats Gregory with a grave expression. "That is...a concern." Hedge Beasts that were that volatile were unthinkable in the human world. The wreckage, the carnage, the havoc. Unthinkable. "Brother Lucas, you say? I will have to ask him more about this...dragon at some point."

When she voices her curiosities to Gregory, the Gargoyle looks away, his gaze wandering as if thinking or perhaps uncertain of how to answer. "I shan't tell you," he says finally. "I have reasons that are mine. But perhaps in time I might share. It is a personal matter that brings me to this city, this Freehold. The same reason I have left the others behind. But if it is no matter to you, I might ask you the same, though you needn't answer me since that be not fair."

The girl might be able to help him in his search for family and Fetch. Any help would have better results than none. But he does not trust her, does not wish to reveal his motives to one so young and unfamiliar to him. Perhaps he aught to swear his fealty soon so he might gain the protection it offers him before revealing truths about himself.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Don't worry too much about it. I don't think he's come back. It was kinda part funeral, part celebration at victory because he seems to have been scared off. Someone even came back! You might want to ask him about that person as well." She listened patiently as he told her about why he moved about so much, or rather, told her he couldn't tell her. Kind of disappointing. That he asked her was even more odd. How did that even apply to her? Still, she saw no reason not to answer him.

"Well... I've just never been anywhere else. I grew up in Oakdale near here and knew a little about Sacramento because I'd been here a couple times. Malcolm, that big guy over there, happened to find me and introduced me to the Freehold and I haven't left since. Probably not near as exciting as your story but you nailed it on the head when you said I was new. I haven't had time to build a story."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Survivors would be able to share more depth to the situation that transpired before in the Freehold. "I'll be sure to do that," remarks Gregory in regards to Lucas and the dragon.

Gregory's gaze follows Tessa's gesture towards Malcolm Green at the mention of him. He sees the giant of a man drinking punch at the other end of the stone table. Big. "Oakdale, huh?" repeats Gregory, still eyeing Malcolm with curiosity. "I wouldn't say my story is that exciting. I have no home nor possessions save for the clothes I wear. I am a beggar and alley dweller. The return from the Hedge left me with nothing but this form you see before you. Exciting, no. Be glad your story remains so." Gregory is willing to reveal that much about himself at least. It is no secret, truly, for he looks the part of a beggar to begin with.

Looking back to Tessa he continues, "Thank you for your honesty, if truth was told. If that one did introduce you to this city then perhaps you might introduce him to me. I'll return the favor as best I can, by word alone if that be fitting." Gregory gesture to Malcolm once more, hoping that Tessa would bring her friend along for a quick greeting. Their stony similarity seem fitting to the Gargoyle.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

When one is a mountain, one cannot be subtle.

Green heard snippets of conversation. Enough to suggest it was turning toward him. He edged closer, curious to know who Tessa had discovered, with all the subtlety of a brick. Of course, the giant elemental browsed the buffet: it just didn't cover his intentions very well. At least he managed to move around the table without knocking it over: at one time his big, uncoordinated body would have simply ploughed through it without him realising it.

The mountain... loomed. His plate was almost forgotten in his hand. When Green grabbed a sweet roll, his action was too fast to be considered normal.

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Tessa didn't so much hear Green behind her as feel him. She wouldn't quite describe him as shaking the ground when he walked but he made a noticeable thud with his footfalls. Plus it was basically David and Goliath with them, because she could see his shadow stretching over her. But she actually didn't take it poorly. Despite her ears flattening down, she was actually glad to see the giant of a man. Spinning around on her toes, she maneuvered herself next to Malcolm and pointed at Gregory with a wave of her hand.

"Oh, don't be so shy and antisocial. If you're going to come up behind us like that, might as well introduce yourself. Gregory, this here is Malcolm. Malcolm, meet Gregory. He's new to the Freehold and asked if I could introduced you to him. You guys go ahead without me for a moment, I'm gonna go make my pledge."

Gregory

Courtless

Perfect Stillness

Mask

Mein

Gregory places his arm before his chest and lowers his frame slightly. "Surely you are an Elemental, for I would give no other Seeming to call you, Malcolm." His voice is a rasp and a growl, monstrous with a fluid tongue.

Turning back to Tessa, Gregory nods his understanding. "Thank you, Tessa. Pledge well and be wary of your wording." He watches as Tessa departs, marking her destination as he too plans to follow suit before the night is through.

Giving his attention once more to Malcolm, Gregory says, "A sweet girl. Naive I fear. Youth is wasted on the young, eh?" Gregory grins, a expression between mirth and malice as he looks up at the towering man mountain. "Indeed, I am Gregory. I've just arrived and am in need of counsel and conversation. One or the other or whichever you deign to give me." His eyes flicker behind Malcolm a moment and then back to him. "The punch, is it sweet?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread