Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Smoked Wreath (private)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

The booth at the Lily that Peter Baldwin led Vivian York to was his usual, one in the back corner where the shadows hid them just a little from the prying eyes of Kine and Kindred alike. It was a small comfort to the Nosferatu, who was slowly becoming used to his lot in life.

Sticking to the shadows.

Hiding the corpse that he had become with stolen Blood.

Anything to hold onto those last vestiges of normalcy before the Beast had its way and all he would be was hate and Invictus vengeance personified. A reminder flashed through his memory as the Menace stirred within, hissing at Vivian York's presence. A pew, needing to be built, an act of love being owed to a stranger, and the life he would have to save for God's forgiveness...

"Been here before, ever? It's really quite something."

Distractions.

The Nosferatu's eyes flicked up and took in the Succubus's beauty as he gestured to allow her to sit first. The Knights were always polite.

-1V for Blush of Life.

V
    Vivian York

The little test she put forth to the Haunt he’d seemingly passed. But unfortunately, he remained gentlemanly and the change of attire went off without any awkwardness. Pity.

At any rate, Vivian followed the menacing man, despite that tug of reluctance. Thankfully the dress she wore previously was just nice enough to wear to the Lily. As if she’d be caught staked disheveled or wearing something unappealing. Besides, her gloves added that extra touch of class.

The smell still echoed through her olfactory senses, the sensation was gratifying in some ways. A gratuitous nod as he let her sit before himself. Mmm chivalry.

“Yes, I was, not long ago.” Smiling as she sat down, looking up at him. “Sorry, you’re not my first here dahling.”

The façade was enjoyable to keep up on some nights. This was one of them. Raising a gloved finger. “Although, the last time I only ordered a flavor of an e-cigarette. I’d be willing to try the cigar version… But! Could it replace the timeless classic of the traditional?”

-1 Vitae, Blushed

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin mock gasped, his eyes flicking over her briefly as he folded his hands on the tabletop. "Ms. York. I thought I was offering you a completely new experience."

A Knight, joking around? It was impossible.

"Who beat me to the punch?" A little half-smile rested on his lips, ruined by tension, as if it were a mere promise of violence to come.

What on earth was an e-cigarette to a Kindred? It sounded like blasphemy to him. "Sorry, the cigar version of an e-cigarette? That's not the same, at all!" He laughed.

V
    Vivian York

“Aren’t nearly all experiences new? If we put ourselves on repeat, then what is the point of all of this, hm?” Her fingers swirled in the air for a spell. "Otherwise, it would be a broken record." The Daeva knew she’d catch his drift and spoke of their existence. Although she did wonder if he knew the true meaning of a skipping vinyl. She did catch his mocking gasp, it felt akin to a villain in a comic book.

Vivian looked to the enclosed booth she and her Priscus occupied previously, then back to Peter. “Over there, I spent some time with the most prominent member of my Family.”

His laugh, was unexpected. It felt like pinpricks running down her spine. Apparently she’d have to adapt to his nature here as well as the water. It may have not been maniacal, but it felt as much. “Not that I’m disagreeing with you, but have you had one before?” Tipping her blond head toward him, curiously.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin chuckled at the whole new thing, and spoke quietly. "That which is old is best, for it has withstood the test of time. I was joking around - I'd prefer to refine the old experience into something that is memorable, yet still in keeping with this place's character." He grinned at her. "Just in case you wondered which company I worked for and all."

The Invictus had a healthy respect for the past.

His eyes followed her gaze to the booth. "Ah! Ms. Star. Did you enjoy yourself? She's such a trend-setter, isn't she?" It was a standard form compliment; every Harpy was precisely that in their Domain, yet it was still positive in their position.

"I have. I've tried the e-cigarettes, and the 'vapes'; nothing beats the real thing for me. There's something so... pure in the experience of smoking a good bit of tabacco, like it is as it has been for decades. It's a guilty pleasure of mine."

V
    Vivian York

“I guess I look at the past as a learning experience versus memorable. But it could be my Ancestry.” “As far as your company, I presumed you were of a different type of employee, but it makes much more sense now.” He wasn’t on the roster for Deputy in the Domain, somehow she had forgotten who was by now. It just hadn’t come up other than the night in Court since then. Peter’s grin felt less than placating, like he was waiting for the right moment to do…something.

Nodding to what she presumed was observation, Vivian didn’t think a Haunt would be caught up in trend setting. “Yes, she is certainly that. I was grateful she made me an offer to Keep something, despite that she hardly knows me. The faith she has in me is truly complimentary.” Her tone was as honest as her words. The Daeva did think it was a huge compliment coming from the Harpy.

“As far as trends are concerned, that is precisely what Ms. Star and I treated ourselves to last we were here.” Lifting her gloved hand, gently shaking it in the air toward him. “But you are onto something. I believe we should indulge that guilty pleasure, at least.” Winking to the Haunt. “I will leave this to the gentleman’s choice tonight.”

It may have been minute, but it was an olive branch of the tiniest of trusts.

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin chuckled. "I see. Well, I'm glad I was able to clarify." He shrugged; the presumption was no problem. His gaze swept the room for a server, one of whom was on her way. That was good. The Nosferatu had a serious jonesing for a drink. Contented that the service was on its way, the Knight's eyes returned to the gorgeous Daeva. Something in him stirred. Perhaps it was the Blush.

She was beautiful.

It was a distraction, one that meant positively nothing, but there was a touch of class there that for some reason struck him...

"Did she truly? That is very kind of her. I am sure you will prove worthy of that trust," he said slyly, resting his palms on the table in idle thought. His ring shone in the dim lighting of the bar. "She is certainly one to reward those who work well for her."

And, as all Harpies, one who he suspected would crush any who did not. Wasn't that the way of things in this Requiem? Serve well, or be socially destroyed. That was the Invictus way, at least for some.

"Yes, it's time, I think." He looked to the waitress, who had arrived, and took a long moment staring off into space as he made his selection. "I'm fond of the Caol Ila 18 and the Davidoff. Two of each, please."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian re-crossed her legs to the side, sleek and elegant as she sat giving the Haunt her attention. “That could be, although I’m not sure what I did thus far.” The Daeva chuckled softly and shrugged. “I’m sure there are plenty vying for such a thing. There are some waves that are ridden, and some wait for the wake. I declined more so that to do that sort of thing, must have a better acquaintance with things and a larger scope of what’s necessary.” Unfortunately, it was the long way about what she wanted to say. She’d hardly met any officials, that wasn’t a good way to start things.

“I’ve heard of double fisting drinks, but cigars?” Laughing contagiously, “Well, I’m sure this will be a fairly interesting evening.” Vivian was well aware they weren’t going to light up both and smoke them. But the thought was hilarious.

After the waitress departed, the Daeva couldn’t help express her thoughts. “Mmm, Davidoff, great cologne and tobacco.”

P
    Peter Baldwin

Baldwin's hands rested on the table as non-threateningly as he could make them. They were, despite that, like five-fingered cobra heads about to lash out. There was little he could do about it except try to pull Invictus politesse over something that could never be contained.

"I see. Well, I look forward to seeing what you get up to. It could be fun."

He chuckled gently at her comment about double fisting. His mind went nowhere.

"One of each for you, and one of each for me," he clarified, drumming his fingers on the table for a moment and nodding at her assessment in silent agreement. "I agree. So. Getting to know you. Tell me, what do you do, Ms. York?"

Night-time stock trader? Lounge singer? Repo woman?

V
    Vivian York

The way Peter postured himself, felt like he was picking her apart, ready to strike and remove the pieces. Although, the Daeva was aware it was only his curse. “Fun, I like. Fun, is doable.” It was much more pleasant than being tasked while back in her old Domain. Then, fun was a front for other endeavors.

“Well, I’ve been ‘retired’ for years as one may call it. A permanent ongoing fund makes for easy nights.” Flicking her fingers to the side as if the memory was so faded it hardly effected her. “You know, dead husband and all.”

“But frolicking with dangerous men is always an enjoyable time.” The Daeva winks and forward nods to the Haunt while grinning. Of course, currently, Vivian was referring to the man sitting before her. For now, she’d keep it that way.

Tilting her head slightly to the Nosferatu. “How about you? What is it that you do?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.