(FF14) Springly Conversations

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Catherine. I am Cosima Tascioni, oft know as Coco, at your service," the fire haired Claviger declared, making a leg.

"Most definitely a pleasure," she continued, rising from her bow, a bright smile on her face. "I may not know more than your name at present, but from the look of you I do believe that your fortunes in this city will be quite great. That is, provided you make the acquaintance of your court! Allow me to introduce to you, Antonio Escobar , a recent arrival much like yourself," she informed, eloquently gesturing to the man at her side.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

C
    Cross

Antonio moseyed along with Coco, smiling as the ginger introduced her to the new arrival. He gave her a little wave from the fingertips and skewered her with his smile. "Nice to meet you, Catherine. How you doin'?" He offered his hand for a shake.

He actually super appreciated the fact that Cosima was spending so much time getting him acquainted. Her Mantle may not have suggested such a tendency toward leadership within a Court, but her conduct was... impressive. Like it brought their Court together.

"When did you get in?" he asked, sounding interested.

E
    Eris

With the indigo flush now fading from her cheeks, Catherine turned to regard the figure that Coco had indicated. He was a tall man, though in her heels she might just have the edge on him. They were slenderly built and where her skin had blanched to a papery white, his had flushed with a ruddy hue. He was rather handsome she supposed, though she had to admit that she wasn't the best judge when it came to men.

He favoured her with an impish grin and proffered a hand which she accepted with an amused smile of her own. His choice of words seemed strangely out of place in his rich, sensual voice, yet at the same time oddly familiar.

I’m think.. I think that I’ve heard that line somewhere before...

She tried to cling to the tread of memory but it slipped from her grasp like mist through her fingers. She let out a little sigh as the recollection escaped her, then rallied when she realised that she was still gripping Antonio’s hand and staring off into space.

Catherine attempts to conceal her frustration as the memory slips away.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-08 12:50:05 Catherine Brume rolls 5 to Conceal frustration (10 Again) 10, 7, 8, 1, 9, 4 3 successes
    Catherine's eyes flit to her backpack and messenger bag before responding to Antonio's query.

”I’ve just arrived tonight as it happens.”

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Aha! It seems that Lady Luck holds you in some regard then! Mayhaps not atop her cap, but certainly not under the soles of her shoes. Which is not a bad state, being in the middle of her favors," the Wasp quipped, her smile bordering on licentiousness.

"Antonio had just been inquiring about the Freehold when we hit upon the point that others, like himself, might be treading on tender feet tonight, and thus was the inception for my announcement, and for this conversation! Perhaps, then, Antonio wouldn't mind sharing what he's learned while I fetch us a new round of beverages?" she suggested, looking pointedly to the Incubus. "No conversation is pleasant when the danger of a parched throat lurks about, after all. I shall return!"

Another sweeping bow to Catherine followed on the tail of the Wasp's declaration and then she made her way to the punch bowl to acquire more drinks.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

C
    Cross

"Sure," Antonio replied as Cosima bounced off to refresh them. His eyes kept track of her for a moment, a little smile crossing his face. The wasp was talkative... and something about that smile was interesting. Escobar enjoyed interesting.

His head languidly turned about to regard Catherine, and his smile bloomed again, skewering her.

"Well, what I have learned? Cosima is of our Court, as is a stunning lady by the name of Aaren. Our Queen is Violet LeBlanc, you know, the jazz sensation, si?" He chuckled. "There is more, if you care to hear, although, you did not ask and I did," he said with a chuckle. "How are you settling in?"

E
    Eris

Catherine watched the energetic redhead weave her way through the crowd for a moment before turning back to regard the flushed emerald courtier. His devilish grin returned as he relayed what information Cosima had intimated to him. He had a nice smile which she found a little distracting. From its mischievous tilt she deduced that he was quite aware of its effect and was wilfully and maliciously continuing regardless.

Catherine closed her eyes for a moment, taking a memory of the grinning Fairest. A few seconds passed as she strode through her library, reaching out to the haphazard arrangement of books piled on the central table. A new volume materialised beneath her questing fingers, slender and green, its cover was embossed with the image of a stag formed from entwining vines. Opening the book for the first time, she committed Antonio’s image to its pages, along with the information he’d imparted concerning the other members of the Antler Crown. She'd have to collect their likenesses too so that she could put faces to the names. Surfacing from her inner world, she mentally kicked herself for not taking the opportunity to record Coco.

I’ll just have to wait until she returns with the drinks...

She contemplated the still smirking man, and how best to respond to his query. After briefly grappling with the quandary of how well one could possibly acclimatise to a new city after only a few hours, she settled for commenting on the evening thus far with a slight smile of her own.

“Well I have only been here for a short while, but the company has been pleasant thus far. Though I’d feel more at ease if I knew where I might sleep tonight. Do you know of somewhere I might find accommodation at this late hour?”

Once more Catherine’s cheeks were dyed a deep indigo as, too late, she realised the unintended allusion in her words. She hoped that Antonio would not misread her inquiry as flirtation, though his impish smile gave her little hope.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Fear not, dear Catherine," Coco interrupted, suddenly appearing at the side of the beauteously blue tinted woman with three cups of punch (and, somehow, her cane still in tow). "As it happens, you are standing but some feet and a phrase away from a boarding house. I am quite positive there would be a pillow to place your head upon if you sought accommodations there. However," the Wasp declared, proffering a cup to the Musing Artist, "I would be most remiss in my manners if I did not extend an invitation to you, personally. If you wish it, you may make use of my abode until such a time as you have found one of your own. It would be my most sincere pleasure to have the opportunity to host one such as yourself. You would have access to a bed, a chest of drawers, a bathroom shared by only one other person rather than 30, whatever manner of meal you might wish, whenever you wish, and the personal protection of Spring's Claviger herself. Thus is the offer, madame, if you wish to accept it."

C
    Cross

Well now.

"I couldn't offer better," Antonio said with a little laugh as Coco swooped in. "Spring's Claviger as your host? What a kind offer. Very safe!" He had an impish grin on his face, suggesting that Antonio Escobar did not want for accommodation, yet there was something playful in his eyes...

His eyes flicked to Catherine's blue tint, then the book, then to Coco's face as he contemplated further questions.

Not yet. Best to let safe sleeping be arranged for the new arrival before moving on.

E
    Eris

Catherine’s hand paused a moment before accepting the proffered cup and its bloody contents.

She’s offering me a place to stay?

She mulled over Coco’s proposal. It was a generous offer coming from someone whom she’d just met. Whilst Chicago’s Antler Crown... had not left the best impression on her, did that mean she should tar every emerald courtier with the same suspicious brush?

Well she has offered her personal protection as Spring’s Claviger in front of witnesses. Alright one witness, to whom she has personally introduced me...

She considered her alternatives. If this tent had been set up in the backyard of the boarding house and the local changelings were aware of its purpose then it was presumably owned and frequented by her fellow Lost. Whilst residing at the boarding house sounded like a promising way to acquaint herself with some of the local changelings, Coco’s description did make it sound a little cramped for comfort. Cosima's offer did sound a more pleasant proposition, and empty night would she love a hot bath; but no, this was about trust and whether, having had that trust trampled once before, Catherine was ready to extend it once again.

If I wasn’t willing to take a risk here I really should have come to that realisation before pledging my loyalty to the freehold...

With a grateful - if slightly nervous - smile Catherine took a sip from her cup, the indigo flush again fading from her cheeks.

“I would be honoured to accept your hospitality Cosima, upon the condition that you confront me should my presence become a burden to you. I would not wish to impose upon someone so magnanimous in word and deed.”

She uses this opportunity to take a memory of the Fairest, and Coco’s image takes up residence in the pages of her library beside Antonio’s. Once she has secured some art supplies she will create a painting for the Spring courtier as a token of her gratitude.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Oh, I'm so excited!" Coco declared ebulliently. "I gladly except your terms, Catherine. Now, Antonio, hold these so that I may clap with joy! Or, on second thought, take this so we might toast!" A cup of fresh punch was given to the Incubus, and then Coco held her own aloft with evident relish.

"To new friends, new beginnings, and, of course, to our Host who has made this meeting of ours possible," she said, turning and inclining her head in recognition of the Autumn Queen. The gesture was merely one of course, not one demanding acknowledgement, and so the brightly, almost madly grinning Wasp turned back to her fellow Fairest and energetically clinked cups before taking a sip from her own.

"Spectacular! Now, what else might I be able to answer for you? Or are you looking for introductions to more of our fellows?" She didn't particularly care which. She'd gotten a compliment! Finally, someone who appreciated her! No matter where Catherine's inclinations might lie, Coco suspected they would get along together famously. Certainly, that was more than she'd gotten from anyone else in the Freehold, and she'd been there for some months yet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread