Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiled, relieved to find out that Crowley was indeed more up to date that her, and totally knew the new peeps too. "No, that's good. Considering I'm seeing a bunch of Mastigoi converge over there, I have a feeling they haven't picked. I have no idea if there's any who've come to the City since the Duel? But then need to be herded over there." Just a hunch.

"I've got no clue on Shamans either, other than Animus not wanting the seat. So who are the new ones? I can grab them and Striker and geting that ball rolling..." And then Nous arrived! Pepper gave her a relieved grin, then rubbed the back of her neck.

"I'm nosing in other Path's Business, worried that there's going to be new faces without their proper say in Councillors. Ermac's Councillor for the Mighty. Oh! Crowley, Are there any new Acanthi? Might as well meet them while I'm at it."

Ermac Jhet Crowley

E
    Ermac

Ermac looked between the group. "I haven't seen Aurum since the Duel. And the other Councilors and Provosts, I only know of myself and Asp is Provost of Obrimos."

J

"It is definitely your job to be nosing about to make sure we have a full council. Otherwise we're just right back where we started a few months ago. As for newcomers having a say, I'm not sure they're allowed a voice until they've been recognized. But we're in transition. And transitions are hard work."

She tips her coffee in general greeting as if she's channeling Tyria's mannerism. That or she has her hands full and it's the only way to wave. Probably where that mannerism originates.

"It's hard to do anything with supernal authority if we can't even sit a full council. I guess this is what Avalon was complaining at me about. Granted, she could have done something to sit a full council and she chose to not. That's a shame about Aurum leaving. Especially after her cabal mate also up and disappeared." As if Autolycus and Aurum both disappearing had something to do with each other. Just another sign of the general state of disarray.

"That just means we'll get to be surprised by who sits down in the Moroi seat at the table."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

While the smile remained stuck on his face, Crowley's eyes began to slide, shiftily, between the speakers.

"I haven't seen any new Enchanters," he said choosing his words carefully. "I think I touched base with a Shaman, a Warlock and a Necromancer though. Just call it a general feeling so it could be way, way off." He made a face, lifted his fringe from his forehead. "I got names. Hinted at the lay of the land. Got some idea on what they want." Hindsight was a wonderful thing, he reflected.

"I got nothing on the other paths and what they're planning." He shrugged with a non committal air. "Not sure whats happening with my work group. I think they all upped and left, except for Faye. Two don't make a group so I think Urban Renewal is pretty much shelved for now."

OOC: hedging my bets as Crowley didn't ask the newcomers their Paths - player oversight

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper smiled, extending a fist out to Ermac, "Congrats on that, by the way. It'll be cool seeing you up there." But the Aurum thing? Pepper was frowning.

"There's no word on Aurum appointing a Provost." Pepper pulled out her phone, and quickly sent a text to Mace. "So yeah, surprise there...." She sighed, and shot a glance at Nous about the mention of Faye having courted the URF. Hadn't known that... "Yeah, Urban Renewal is definitely shelved, that sucks, loosing a Cabal like that so fast." not mentioning the Panthera Nox herself, not yet at least, unless Nous wanted to bring it up?

More urgent matter to attend though, turning to Crowley, she gave a smile, "Herald's do the Recognition thing, so the people you've talked to and rubber stamped are good. Who are they? I'll run and do some herding." Someone had to.

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    E
    Ermac

The foppish Falstaff was now talking to Zoey-Mandy. Whichever name she answered to. Bumbling into a congregation like that led to one thought. I wonder who will attempt to stab him first?

The Obrimos refocused on the conversation, "We'll have to make do with whomever steps up." He shrugged, "It's unfortunate, however, it's not our fault. If others abandoned their posts, then we ought to assist whomever decides to step up." It was a simplistic perspective. "With or without a full house, we'll make the necessary improvements that we have to."

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Oh. Yeah. New blood." Crowley craned his head and scanned the crowd.

"Well. Pelican's over there. Quiet guy. Kinda refined. Yeah! Looks like he just finished speaking with Bishop if you want to go check him out." He gestured toward @Pelican. Turning, his finger tracked to where Sylvan and Miach were conferring. "Sylvan is that dude over there. See him?" A pause grew as he scanned for the third newcomer. "I can't see Othello. He was the third person to stop by; not that we got much chance to talk. So he's a bit of a mystery. Nope. Not here."

Crowley frowned and shrugged helplessly at Pepper. Making a face, the Herald turned his attention to Ermac and nodded in agreement.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper tracked the people Crowley pointed out, and that was when her gaze spotted Telos and Eryxias. She hadn't relayed that info yet... "Thanks, it's a start. any of you know who the red-head and the guy with dark curls talking to Star are? Or that guy in the Renaissance costume?"

Pepper had no idea who they were, so her metaphorical fingers were crossed that someone here would. She also pulled out a card - the ones with her shadow name - and handed it to Crowley. "If you do have any meetings with new Acanthi, let them know my number. Oh! and Nous? Over there is Lictor Telos and her clerk, Eryxias. I know you're really invested in getting the Lex cleaned up, so I thought I'd mention that if you want to be a factotum, they're the ones to talk to. Most of the exams will start in mid-October, and they'll be leaving in December. You can track them down after that to take the exam, or wait until next year when they come back."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    E
    Ermac

Ermac nodded in affirmation. "Yep. That's Fluke, and that's Mae," pointing to each respectively. "Fluke's an Acanthus. Mae's a Thyrsus. Both are Libertines."

Then the Fool. "The Anachronism is Falstaff. He's...a special...Libertine to put it politely." Given the tone of his voice, it was evident he didn't wish to fixate on the bumbling Acanthus.

He made a promise to Asp to look into Factotums. "Pepper, I have a question about Factotums. I do not mean to put you on the spot. If I do, I apologize in advance." He then posed his inquiry, "Might I be able to learn more about Factotums or is that strictly Silver Ladder's territory?"

J

She watches as they point out who's who. It's interesting to hear all the names that people select. Or are selected for them. Because Fluke seems like a name that was given and not selected.

"Is anyone keeping track of who's been recognized by the consilium and who hasn't yet? With new bodies and banishers in the neighborhood, that's something we should aim to do. Crowley, has Aquinas given instructions about that aspect of your job yet?"

She expects he has, but she won't assume things. It's bad policy to assume things. She needs to pay attention to policy now more than ever.

"It's good that Telos is here. While I won't be talking to her this year about it, I will follow up with her later. I think I need to focus on actually repairing the Consilium from the Council before I worry about becoming a Lex expert as well. I think one of us being a factotum will be plenty for now, don't you think Pepper?"

Peas in a pod. Pepper is covering that aspect, so she doesn't need to put it at the top of her to-do list. Sure, she's the one in the seat, but a Councilor is only as good as the team she has, and that means a bad Provost makes a bad team. It's why she chose a good Provost. Because this is a team effort. Part of being on a team is not having too much of the same talents.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread