Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Striker and Faye

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    T

"Faye it is then. That one suits you as well." Striker responds, glad that she didn't seem to be too put off by the misunderstanding between himself and Star.

"Yeah sorry again about that. Just had some things to talk about with Star. That's all." He apologises genuinely. "Did you say you were new to town as well? How're ya settling in?"

He stood relaxed, hand in his jean pocket. He wasn't interested in any politics that may be going on at the event and was glad just to have someone friendly to chat to.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She shrugs slightly, “No worries. I understand there are often misunderstands among us Awakened when in public spaces. Just glad it didn’t come to blows.” She said with a wink.

“Settling in quite well actually! Found myself a car and a place to live.”
    She says with happiness. “Been a while since I had a place of my own, life on the road and all that. So it is a nice and welcome change.” She replies with an easy smile, absently tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“How about you? How have you been?”

T

"Yeah I know what you mean," Striker replied with a smile accompanied by a serious nod. Having a place over living on the streets. It wasn't really comparable. "My new cabal, Archangels, just found ourselves a sanctum over in Folsom. Beautiful place."

As for transport, well he could drive. "I'm still lookin' for a good way to get around ay. Having only one arm makes finding the right vehicle a bit harder. I'd love to drive a manual over an automatic, but I just can't do the gears" He shrugged his left shoulder to emphasise his point "which sucks." The shaman clicked his tongue in disappointment. "I love the extra control they give you over a vehicle."

But that's my problem to deal with, stop bein' such a downer in front of this gorgeous sheila. You're fine, she's doin' great and that's awesome. Striker's face lit up with a big grin as he continued.
    "Anyway, it's great that you're settlin' in. You been performing much? I was a bit distracted after I met ya and forgot to look ya up to see where I could catch a performance."

4. Likes Brownlee, RebornSeas liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her smile widens, almost touching her eyes, “That’s great! Congrats!” she replies, clearly happy for him.

“I actually drive a manual,” she says, “06 GTO with 400 horsepower, V-8, six speed transmission.” Yeah, she was a little proud of her baby. “But that does suck.” She agrees with a pout, knowing full well you needed a hand on the wheel when shifting, especially her car. “If you ever need a ride, let me know. Or just want to get out and do something. My days are mostly filled with practicing, so I would welcome the break.” She offered.

She shakes her head, “Haven’t had a show yet. Been practicing some new tricks to add, but I should be performing very soon. And as soon as I get the date and place figured out, I’ll make sure to call you and let you know.” She said with a smile.[COLOR=""] “But to do that, we’ll have to exchange contact info.”[/COLOR] Was she flirting, maybe.

“Where this is my first official meeting, aside from the Duel, is there anyone I should meet?
    ” she asked.

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    T

When Faye mentioned a manual Striker's eyebrows raised with interest. Then she said it was a 2006 GTO and his mouth opened a little in surprise, admiration and a little bit of jealously. As she added each detail the admiration increased until he was biting his bottom lip imagining driving down the highway in it himself.
    "Jeez, that's a beautiful machine. I helped a mate fix up his Pontiac back home, I think it was a '68, but I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one of their newer models. I'll definitely take you up on the offer of a ride ay." He said with a grin and a nod at the end.

The shaman raised his eyebrows at the mention of new tricks. That sounded interesting.
      2 suxx pick up on potential flirting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-08 07:16:59 Striker rolls 3 to Wits+Empathy (Call me maybe) (10 Again) 6, 8, 8 2 successes
    At the mention of exchanging details he gave the slightest smile. He didn't usually pick up on these things, but he thought there may have been something more there.
    Is she interested? Am I interested? Stupid question ya bozo, she's brilliant. Course you want to hang out with her some more.

"Mobile number?" He asked, not knowing what else to say. Out of his pocket he pulled a clean but worn and battered Nokia 3310. He turned it over to reveal a number written on the back in thick black digits. "It's ah... Well there it is." He said as he held it out for her to read or take.

He thought about her question for a second and recalled his own drawn-out introduction to the city.
    "If you're not Recognized, definitely hit up a Herald. They're Crowley," he pointed out the popular looking mage surrounded by others. "Or..." He scanned the room for the other herald whose name he couldn't recall. Spotting Zoey he pointed her out "the serious looking sheila over there. " Striker cocked his head as he realised how stupid he was "But if you were at the duel you know 'em anyway. Don't mind me." He finished shaking his head at his own ineptitude. "Who'd you have in mind to meet?" he asked, hoping he could be more useful.

8. Likes Brownlee liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“If you want to see under the hood of the car, be my guest. I’ve heard stories that you can make some tweaks and add-ons to the engine and get even more horsepower out of it. If that is true, it’s something I want to look into doing.” She says with a nod of her head. Oh yeah.

When he pulls out his phone and shows her the number, she takes out her own cell and slides out the keyboard. Fingers quickly type away and a text was sent to Strikers phone.

“Now you have mine.” She replies with a grin, sliding the phone back into the pocket in her dress. “Wish you would have joined us at the club, we ended up taking the party to a karaoke bar.” Her grin widens as her cheeks flush slightly.

She looked to where Crowley was, and realized he had gathered quite a crowd. Her blue eyes then look to Zoey, and she wasn’t exactly feeling the whole approach sourpuss thing.

“I’ve met Crowley, we share a Path, great guy.” She replies looking back to Striker. “Maybe I’ll wait until he isn’t as popular to talk about being Recognized.” She said with a laugh.

“Oh, I don’t know.” She says with a shrug, “The whole new thing means I don’t know many Awakened yet. So you know, anyone you think is interesting and worth talking with?” she replies.

10. Likes Brownlee, RebornSeas liked this post
    T

"That sounds great!" Striker replied with an enthusiastic grin when she mentioned getting under the hood of the car. "Most popular thing'd probably be to drop a super-charger onto it, but that'd set you back a couple'a grand, maybe more. Worth it though if you got the cash."

He put his phone back in his pocket. He'd check the message and go through the process of adding her number to his contacts list later. Then she mentioned karaoke and his face broke into an amused smile. "Karaoke? Yeah, no. People start lodging noise complaints when I start singin'. Sounds like fun though." He gave a quick chuckle at the thought of anyone letting him near a microphone to sing.

"Yeah Crowley's a good bloke. Lotsa fun too. He's probably the one yo want to talk to about who the head of your order is an' that sorta stuff, but as for interesting people." He looked around the room to see who he could point out. "There's Animus. Bloody good fighter and top notch healer too. If you're in a pinch he'll be able to get you out. Apparently he use to be Heirach but something happened to him. I think he's still got some stuff to work through up here." He said tapping his temple and looking concerned. "There's ahh that musician... Issac's? I don't think he's here, but he's a mage and head of the Silver Ladder too I think." He had another look around and pondered. "Interesting to talk to though... You know what? I haven't talked to half these mages either. I'm pretty new to the city myself." He gave a short laugh "Maybe we should join a bigger group instead of just standin' here by ourselves." he said looking at the mages around Crowley. If he was going to join another group it would be that one. He knew Crowley and Pepper already but he didn't recognise the bloke and he was sure he hadn't met the girl with the curls.

12. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Couple grand is a bit much right now, especially after getting the car and an apartment. But something worth saving for.” She says. And hopefully Sacramento had crowds that were good at tipping.

She laughs as he talks about his lack of singing ability, “I hear you there! Singing has never been one of my talents. Though with enough beer, it seemed like a good idea.” At least she could laugh at herself.

She nods her head, “Yeah, I need to touch base with Issac, sooner rather than later.” But she didn’t really feel like talking about politics yet.

“That is probably a good idea.”
    She says, looking around the room at the other groups. She then absently chews nervously on her bottom lip,“Any spark your interest?” she asks.

T

Striker nodded in understanding at the lack of cash, then smiled and gave an amused laugh at the mention of enough beer.

He was surprised when she mentioned touching base with Issac. So she was a ladder as well perhaps?

He looked around the room and noticed some stern looks around where Jonokuchi stood standing out from the crowd. "They look like something serious going on. The tall bloke's Jonokuchi, he's in my cabal. Quiet fella." His couldn't read his cabal mates stoic expression, but knew that the sumo would react when he thought it necessary should the situation arise. "Probably not much fun." He looked over to where Star was talking to a couple of faces he didn't recognise. It wasn't that he was going out of his way to avoid the little weasel, but he wasn't about to go and volunteer to be his best mate either.

Thenhe noticed the small group back near the wall. "Oh hey, there's Idun and Mace talkin' to Animus. Idun runs some sort of medical centre and she's got a cabal just for healin' up mages. Pretty good folk to have around." He took a step in their direction and if Faye looks like she'll follow he will take the lead and walk over.

"So you're a Ladder?" He asked her casually.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She tries to follow his gaze,

“I met Jonokuchi in the park, he’s quiet, but nice.” She says. Interesting little fact, those two shared a Cabal.

Her eyes then move to where the small group was, Mace she recognized.

“Knowing people who heal would be great!”
    she replies, following him, “Especially if one of my tricks goes bad.” She says with a laugh. Torn out hooks and burns just sucked.

“Yup, I’m a Ladder.” She confirms, then smirks, “Wait...that isn’t a problem is it...” She replies pausing in her steps, glancing at him, and obvious playing with him. But she knew all too well that there were sometimes issues between Orders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread