Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

I remember you told Mae... It's gonna be Mae...

There were worse things to have stuck in your head than N'Sync. Nouvelle Vague crucifying Joy Division, for one. And... and... okay, maybe there wasn't another. Seriously, bro? Was he gonna have to coast through Consilium with JT's pronunciation issues dirtyin' up the hamster wheel?

The wave turned into a fist pump at Ermac . What? No. That's a fist, holding a sword. Avenging Angel, yo. Avenging crimes of... bad liquor, terrible singing, and the undeniable honor and iconic cultural contribution of Rick Astley.

"Uh. That's Ermac ,"
    he explained the fist and pointing. It wasn't a random fist pump. "He's the Obrimos Councilor." Serious tone, yo. This guy? Knows People.

"Yeah, they're all, like, busy. Things and things,"
    with a shrug. He looked good, she sounded good, together, they could be a band. "But, no, I have no things, so you're not keeping me from any things? You two look new, I think? Were you at Arrowlympics or the, uh, the..." He took a step back and waggled his fingers as if lightning or spells were going to fly out.

Closer. Loud whisper.

"The Duel Arcane."

Because New!Hierarch.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce, Jag liked this post

Fluke let out a soft chuckle at the fist pump. "Ermac? Yeah, we've met him," he said in response to Star's words. "He's good people...but I didn't know he was a Councilor though." The Acanthus glanced over at his fellow Libertine, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips.

"Yeah, we are fairly new," he said in response to the young Guardian, flashing him a grin. "This is our first official shindig here in Sacramento...so I guess we missed that Arrowlympics thing, and that Duel Arcane too." Fluke figured that the latter of the events had been a matter of importance, but wasn't exactly sure why. Perhaps he would come to learn the reason sooner rather than later.

"So...I guess this ain't gonna be some big kind of party, huh?" asked the Metropolitan, glancing around the room as he observed the gathered Awakened tend to their business. And here I was hoping for some free booze, maybe some chips and dip...

L
    LittleFox

Mae couldn't help but giggle at the young man in front of her. He's such a cute little basket case! Something told her that they had found the most entertaining guy in the room, and she was content with that assessment.

With a continually friendly smile on her lips, the Thyrsus responded coolly, "I imagine that having been here long enough to build a life for themselves, they also must all have business that needs tending to. It's perfectly understandable. I'm glad that you're able to chat with us, though! I love meeting new people!" She wiggled her fingers back at him, smirking before continuing at a stage whisper.

"Is the Duel a... SECRET?" Mae asked dramatically, her face contorting into an expression of mild shock and intense curiosity.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, it's like, recent," he answered Fluke. Fluke. Wasn't that a worm? Had he cut one of those in half in junior high? Weird s'name.

"Super recent. So maybe he wasn't? Anyway, cool, you know, that you think he's good people. It would be So. Awkward. if you were all like, 'oh, man, that guy is a dirty scoundrel', and knew all this stuff, right?" Seriously. Unless he did know, and was going to blackmail a Councilor.

Whoah.

"And, uh. No. This is like the most Not Party ever. At least, the last two were. Not. Were Not Parties. But," he finger-gunned The Worm, "Rumor has it? Throwing the After Not Party Party is a great way to make friends."

His mop of hair rocked as his head cocked to listen to Mae. What? Build lives? Who? His crew? They'd Built Lives. Scary. Because Major Commitment sounding. Why? Obviously, it would include him, right? Unless it was only for people with Things To Do. Deep.

"MAYBE!"

He answered her with the same amount of volume, but a great deal less intensity and je ne se quois. Mae-Bae.

"I mean, not really. I think. Unless I'm totally going to be the guy that said stuff he shouldn't have, if I tell you, and then everyone stares at disapprovingly? But, uh, yeah. Last Not Party, the Hierarch Dueled the... Hierarch, but, when he wasn't Hierarch, for the Hierarch's job. Or title. I've never really been clear, if that's like a job description or an honorific."

He shrugged. Honorifics could be A Thing, yo. Was Monkee an honorific?

"The new Hierach was all, like, Justin Timberlake. You know. 'It's gonna be MAE.'"

Lips quirked. Don't. Laugh. Couldn't help it.
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Cayce liked this post

Fluke laughed at Star's response, shaking his head slightly. "No way! He seems pretty cool," he said in regards to Ermac, glancing over at the other Libertine. "Unless...he's got plans for world domination. He's got a thing for robots...so who knows?" A smirk formed on the corner of his lips as he turned his attention back to Star and Mae.

"That's too bad. Here I was hoping that it would be a big bash of sorts," he said, shrugging nonchalantly. "After party, huh? Hmmm, if I had the cash for it, maybe its a thing that I would do." One of the downsides of not having a job. But hey, maybe Ermac would be willing to fund such a shindig?

The Acanthus listened closely as Star told Mae all about the Duel. Right...new leader. I think Vincent mentioned some of that? He looked around the room, curious as to whether he could spot the big man in charge. However, such a task was difficult with so many people having what looked like important conversations. It could be anyone.

He turned back to face the Obrimos, laughing along with his pun at his friend's expense. "So...I guess we showed up during a massive reorg time, huh?" he asked, wondering how many other people were suddenly finding themselves in new positions. At least the Assembly had a Herald and a Councilor in their ranks, so things were definitely an improvement from Cincy...and some other Concilia he had visited in the past.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

After her rather abrupt disappearance from her fellow Mastigoi, Zodiac made her way back to Star and his companions, doing her best to shake off what had happened there, though it didn't prevent her from offering a sigh as she returned. "... Fluke, you said? Mae?" Newbies. She could at least deal with that. A lot better than dealing with Avis' sudden bid for insanity.

"Please forgive my impromptu disappearance earlier. I am Herald Zodiac," she explained, "and it appears I am a busy, busy individual this evening." Her gaze settled on Star for a moment as she frowned, though she decided against saying anything. "Have the two of you been able to speak with Herald Crowley, at least? Or ought we have a few moments to warm you up to the Consilium here?" She gazed around the room, picking out those she knew of importance, but not making any moves away.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Robots?"

Geez. What was it with robots lately? And drones. Drones were creepy. Who looks up, anyway?

"Uh..."

Words trailed of as Zoey reappeared. A curious look was shot over to the still-assembled Mastigos. Was a decision made? Eyes moved back to meet Zoey's gaze, and he gave her the Blank Look. Then the Eyebrow. Some people were born with the Single Eyebrow Gift. He'd had to practice. That, and the Vulcan greeting. His only natural gift? The Ear Wiggle. Ear, as in singular. His right ear was totally uncooperative. In the great scheme of things, he'd quickly learned that the Single Eyebrow was Much More Effective than the Single Ear. Wagging one ear to punctuate something... it just wasn't the same.

"I think they're hungry."

Because helpful.
    - Roald Dahl

C
    Casitive

Last Call! Aquinas calls for the Counselor to Come Forward and for the Itinerary to begin

As Zodiac rejoined them, the Acanthus turned to the woman and offered her a friendly smile. "Yup! Fluke's the name, and this is Mae ," he said in response to the Mastigos. When she introduced herself with her proper title, his smile widened slightly. Perhaps his intuition had not failed him in this case. "No apology needed. It is a pleasure to meet you," he offered, offering her a polite nod.

"We've met Crowley already, but not like...in his official capacity as Herald or anything," said the Libertine, glancing in the direction of the other Acanthus for a brief moment. "So far, we've learned that there's a new Hierarch, and that the locals have a Banisher problem that needs to be dealt with." That was pretty much all the information he had gathered about the Concilium so far, amongst other minor details.

"Yeah, robots are his thing," he said to Star, offering a little shrug.

L
    LittleFox

Mae seemed to have gotten rather distracted by the large room full of living creatures, seen in all their beauty through her Life Sight. She tuned back in after Aquinas's announcement. She counted the heads at the Councillor's table and frowned slightly. After a second she looked back to the others and grinned around at them all apologetically. "Sorry, I just get a little enthralled with the beauty of the living world from time to time." She tucked a bit of hair behind her ear gently, before brightening a little.

"Oh yeah, Ermac loves Robots. I am starting to think they may be pretty cool, honestly." She shrugged casually. "So hey! Which Councillor is missing?" the Thyrsus glanced back at the table thoughtfully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread