(1410) Wallflowers

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Idun's presence is noted, more by voice and life-presence than sight. "Doing well enough. Yourself?"

Mace's question draws the barest flicker of a smile. "Yes." Mention of Heralds brings his gaze to one particular area of the room. "The other one came with an entourage. Perhaps people find that off-putting? Still, if there's ever a time to look beyond a Cabal's walls, this sort of gathering is it."

A moment's pause, and a flicker of confusion. "Harlequin? I think I'm missing a reference."

Idun

PRE

At Mace's introduction, Idun greets her, "Hello, good to met you Mace. I am Idun. Sorry if I'm intruding upon your conversation."

"I came over to see if Animus will be taking the appointment of Councilor for Thyrsus Path as he has been the longest resident within the city for our Path." She admits to the pair, after all, none of them ever got around to either phoning each other or messaging about the subject. The only other Thyrsus she knows of within the city is Striker.

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace smiled as he answered her question. There have maybe been a small part of her that thought the last bit was too far fetched. "That's a fair point," she said. "And Zoey isn't always the most approachable," she added, slightly under her breath. Even Zoey knew it, so she wasn't too worried about it getting back to her.

"Oh, the Harlequin? Umm... It's a thing that the Ladder uses for big gatherings. Pepper mentioned it once. It's... a position given to someone at big events, allowing them to clown off and disrupt any mounting tensions, but they can ignore any formal rules and sometimse just make things worse." She looked back at the man. "It's kinda the same as the traditional court jester, in that way," she added.

She nodded as the other woman introduced herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you Idun," She paused for a moment, and looked between the two. "I don't mind," she said. "Business is important." Real smooth there Mace, she thought to herself.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

He should have known the question would come up, but ... so early? The Shaman's throat constricts, and his eyes go distant. The cage, closing around him, constricting, suffocating ... Breath starts to come in shallow, panicked gasps.

Mentally, he fights back, clawing and tearing at the cage walls until it collapses outward. "No." The word is abrupt, after long seconds of awkward silence, but rings with finality. "I will give advice, if needed, but someone else must take the reins."

Eyes flick to Mace, momentarily betraying a haunted expression before he forcibly claws his mind to another topic. "An ... intriguing construct. Perhaps useful. The last gathering had more than its share of tension."

M
    Mace

Mace nodded at Animus, giving her support for the decision. Maybe she should have sent Idun away... the look on his face broke her heart. "Do you have any interest in the post?" she asked the other woman. Not the most subtle, but anything to deflect from Animus being put into that position. It was a small favor she could do for the shaman.

She nodded as they settled into the safer idea of the Harlequin. "Do these gatherings tend to have that much tension?" she asked. "Because if so, then instating the post locally could be a very good idea. You pretty much have to make the law protect him though. People get grumpy about being made fun of, even if they understand why." She'd almost punched the Harlequin at one of the Boston convocations. And of coure, there was that incident with the souffle. But it was better not to share those sorts of things.

Idun

PRE

Idun nods, before saying, "Thank you for your answer. I'll leave you two to your conversation. Again, sorry for the interruption." She gives the pair a polite smile before withdrawing from their position.

Without disruption Idun will return to the main thread

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shaman relaxes noticeably as Idun takes her leave. "The gatherings tend to be all over the map. Although at the moment I imagine Aquinas has quite some latitude in setting the tone."

A shrug. "People need to be made fun of, from time to time. Otherwise, how will we ever learn to question our behaviors and beliefs about the world?"

T

"Dunno what size a 4 gauge hook is, but shouldn't be a problem." Striker said to Faye as he approached with a smile. He tried to get Idun's ( RockBane ) attention before she left.

"Idun, Animus , Mace have yous met Faye yet?" he asked the small group.

Idun

PRE

Idun, upon noticing Stiker with a face, comes to a stop, thinking, Well, at least I don't have to hunt him down to speak with him. "Hello, Faye, I'm Idun." She says as greetings to Faye.

"Good to see you, Striker. I hope things have gone well with you since our last meeting." She says with with a smile.

And Idun's leaving is halted

11. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace looked down at her phone when it vibrated. She grimaced, turning to Animus. "Tell me not to do it," she said. "Tell me it's a bad idea." Her train of thought was interrupted as Faye and Striker enter their little conversation.

"Striker, Ma... Faye. Yes, we've met." She had to stop herself from using the name he performer introduced herself as earlier. "How are you both?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread