Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Falstaff and Asp

THREADID
    A
    Asp

Asp led Falstaff along, her bag held lazily over one shoulder. Everything about her youthful demeanour suggested that she was a pretty chill chick. Except for her eyes. There was something wary in them, something untrusting.

Once they found a private spot, she tossed up a very potent sound-influencing effect to keep their conversation just between them. No big deal. Privacy wasn't overrated.

"Couldn't help but notice you cuddling our asses on the way in, but we haven't met. What's your name, man?"

She smiled at him. Her hands rested by her sides.

5 sux Influence Sound
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 14:09:10 Asp rolls 4 to GNO+Forces (10 Again) 10, 5, 10, 8, 9, 9 5 successes

Falstaff

PRE

Falstaff realizes when she asks that he hasn't introduced himself. "How rude of me!" He removes his hat, revealing a bald pate with curly patches of thin brown hair on the sides. "I'm Falstaff." He smiles. "I saw you all walking in together, and thought I'd like to be a part of your grand entrance. I didn't bring a date, or two, or three . . ." He hastens to correct himself. "Not saying that they three were your dates . . . or that it would be a problem if they were, just . . ." He coughs, looks around. "Falstaff. My name is Falstaff. How do you do?"

3. Likes Teeramus, Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp's eyes lingered on Falstaff as he explained himself, giving a little nod. The fellow seemed pleasant enough, if bumbling, but then again, didn't they all? If he was a Banisher infiltrating their gathering with the intention to kill the Heirarch, wouldn't he?

Her eyes flicked down his foppish costume, a scan for weapons, before she spoke.

"They are."

She grinned.

"I'm good, Falstaff. Asp, with the Adamantine Arrow. Look, I just thought I'd mention - this is a city with a huge Banisher problem, and I have really got no idea who you are." An eyebrow popped, as if to emphasize the reason for heightened awareness. "You might want to get to know people before you start getting up in their space and try to follow them into these sorts of places, know what I mean? People might get jumpy, think the wrong thing, you know?"

She leaned in a little bit, wary eyes staring into his on his level.

"You're not a Banisher, are you, Falstaff?"

2 sux to PER weaponz
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-06 02:58:01 Asp rolls 7 to Perception vs. Falstaff (Checking for Weapons) (10 Again) 3, 10, 5, 6, 6, 2, 2, 10, 4 2 successes

Falstaff

PRE

"Hmm . . . alliteration: Asp, Adamantine, Arrow. Lots of 'A's, quite unlike my marks in grade school." Foreboding scary 'A's, he thinks. He wonders, if in a round about way, she's asking to get to know him. Women like to be demur, "blushing violets." He should spare her the trouble of asking directly, and tell her all about himself. "About me? Firstly, not a Banisher, although they seem like popular chaps--the fellows at the Free Council are always looking for them and talking about them and generally being scared of them. I, myself, am not scared; but some people aren't smart to enough to know when they should be. I suppose you have to take courage anyway you can get it."

She's concerned for his safety. Maybe it is better to not die than to make a grand entrance, though it remains questionable.

Now she's looking him up and down . . . quite obviously, after asking to speak privately, and them asking him about himself--obviously interested, even though she already had three dates. "It's not awkward you know, your attraction to me that is--actually, it's quite normal. And I'm really into this whole role inversion: you, the maiden in shining armor; me, the knight in distress. I guess I'm saying . . . you scare me. But not all in a bad way. And I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know about me, if you promise not to hurt me . . . and maybe smile some more."

Although Falstaff is beginning to deduce that perhaps Banishers are a problem in the city. Maybe he should do away with them real quick so no one has to worry anymore . . .

A
    Asp

Asp cocks her head to the side, thinking about slapping him. You know, just to get him to wake up. Free Council. That made sense. She'd go talk to Ermac later about this guy.

"First, I'm going to hit you in the dick with my baton if you ever say anything like that to me again."

She smiled, again. You know. To be friendly.

"Second, I'm glad to hear you're not a Banisher. That's the important part."

She dismissed the channel of sound and gave him a little cock of the head back toward the gathering.

"Be good, Falstaff, and enjoy your evening."

The results of my Perception draw still need to be narrated. Is he carrying any weapons? If you have any concealed, you may want to make draws.

Falstaff

PRE

That was a short conversation. Maybe she's playing hard to get? At least she had listened about the smiling part, although he thought about telling her to work on her form: her smile looks more like a baring of teeth. He decides not to say anything, in favor of not getting hit in the dick with a baton.

He thinks he's being dismissed. Adamantine Arrow indeed: a straight arrow this one, and hard as adamantine. Kind of cute, in a frightening elusive kind of way. Should he ask for her phone number? No, he could play heard to get too. "Toodles, then." He smiles. He would see her again; she wouldn't be able to keep away for long. He gives her a wink that says Catch me if you can, as he starts back in the direction of crowd.

Results of Weapon Search

Falstaff departs at Asp's "suggestion."

8. Likes Teeramus, Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

When he was gone, Asp sighed, one of those deep, long-suffering ones that sort of said fuck my life before she returned to the gathering.

What new nightmare?

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.