Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Degnar, Milo, and Finn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ciara Maskelyne

This may be the Autumn Court's shin-dig, but Finn catches a touch of a winter's breeze as he was filling his cup from the punch bowl. Turning towards the source of the chill, the Fairest is just quick enough to meet Degnar 's gaze as the man offered his introduction.

At least, Finn thinks he meets the man's gaze; it's hard to tell where exactly where the Darkling is looking...

He dips his head in greeting to the other man; and begins to extend his hand before thinking the better of it. Some of their kind could be a little peculiar when it came to physical greetings, and he didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

"Congratulations, you're the first person I've met in the city that doesn't have their cell phone surgically attached to their hand. Name's Finn, Finn Connolly, Mr...." He lets his words trail off, allowing the other man a chance to introduce himself in his own way.

While he waits, he catches the nod from Milo ( Xander ); returning the motion with a sideways nod of his own, inviting the other Fairest to join them. After all, he'd come out tonight to meet the local Freehold, so the more the merrier.

Sorry for the delay, I had a little trouble remembering who tagged me where.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

The plate slid slightly after Finn's nod as Milo decided against discarding the plate of food as the pretense he was hoping it could be. As he approached a smile creeps across the Fairest's face as the Winter-y breeze gave an obvious contrast to the sounds emanating from the other Fairest.

"Good afternoon gentlemen." The Autumn smiled with a slight incline of the head to the two he had approached. "I'm Milo Chernobog, one of undoubtedly numerous new arrivals." His eyes rolled slightly as he took a bite from the plate.

Eyes wandered to the red head as she made her announcement, before returning his gaze to the pair. "Either of you taking the bait?" The slightly playful change in his expression said he wouldn't mind. If the shadows clinging to his form and black and white form didn't scream Autumn he might've even tried giving Finn a run for his money.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar blinked his eyes a couple of times at Finn's words, his blank expression not giving much away. "Why would one do that?" he asked, looking down at his own hands and then inspecting those of the other people around him. The Darkling didn't own a cellphone anyway, but the thought of having such a device surgically attached to one of his hands sounded appalling.

He turned his attention to the other Lost as he approached. "Hello," he offered in greeting. "I am Degnar." It wasn't the liveliest of introductions, but he had offered his name. That was what an introduction was meant to do after all, was it not? The Tunnelgrub inspected the newcomer a little closer as the guy mentioned being a new arrival. One could never be too careful after all.

When Milo asked if anyone would be taking up the redheaded Fairest on her request, Degnar shook his head twice. "I try to avoid bait," he said in response to the question. "Besides, I am of the Silent Arrow; not of Spring."

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn returns the other Fairest's smile with a welcoming one of his own. He thought about offering Milo his hand, but instead nods his head in greeting when he sees the man's hands are full with a plate. "Good to meet you Milo, I'm Finn Connelly. It seems we're in the same boat when it comes to being new arrivals to the city."

His attention is diverted for a moment when Coco makes her announcement. Since he's currently engaged, he gives the trio of Emerald Courtiers a polite wave before returning his attention to the two men closest to him.

His smile turns into a bit of a lop-sided grin at the other Fairest's words. "Interesting choice of words, Mr Chernobog. I seem to recall a pretty woman offering me free drinks was how I got into this predicament in the first place..."

His grin fades a little as Degnar speaks, the Onyx Courtier obviously missing the reference. "Just a figure of speech. A little joke, is all..."

As the other man offers his name and confirms Finn's suspicions as to which of the four Courts he belonged, Finn nodded his head slightly. "A pleasure to meet you, Degnar. Tell me, are you another recent arrival or have you been a member of the Freehold for a while?"

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Now that her lovely and intensely slow walk around the garden has come to an end, Lucy ends up approaching this particular group of men. Two ridiculously handsome guys, and a Winter Courtier who has a mantle strong enough to actually be noticeable - already the best deal of the evening.

'Uhm... hi guys.' She says as she steps closer. A smile greets the one guy she knows, 'Milo, good to see you.'

She casually rests her hands on her waist.

'Is it alright if I join you all? I'm Lucy. Kinda lost around here...'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar shook his head in response to Finn's question. "Not new," he said to the Fairest. "Recently returned." But with so many new faces around, it almost did feel like he was a new arrival. Not that it bothered him though, but a part of him couldn't help but be somewhat suspicious. Perhaps it was just his nature.

As Lucy joined them and introduced herself, the Darkling offered a little wave in her direction. "Aren't we all?" he said in response to her "lost" comment. It was likely his attempt at a joke, but the delivery of it was simply dull, as usual. "I'm Degnar," he offered to the Fireheart, finally noticing her faint Mantle, manifesting as whirling ashes around her.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Eyes widened slightly, and awkwardly, at Finn's response to his question. Talk of Keepers was never easy, and it sounded like he inadvertently brought Finn's up. Awk-ward. Degnar's inability to see sarcasm and humor didn't alleviate the tension the Fairest seemed to be feeling.

And then he saw Lucy, and immediately smiled once more. "Always a pleasure Ms Morgan." Milo smiled and dipped his head slightly in respect. "I wouldn't mind in the slightest. The more the merrier right?"

The Shadowsoul took a bite of a whosit off his plate before looking to Degnar. "So how long ago were you in Sacramento? Do you know of anything we newer folk should be aware of?" They were hopefully more neutral questions then his last.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy shrugs in response to Degnar, 'I suppose so.' Whether she sees it as a joke or not, she chuckles anyway. They're thinking about the same thing.

'Though then I would add that there are certain degrees of being lost.' On that account, the Elemental is already a little less lost. As she's talking to people.

And they're dipping heads?! 'Thanks, and definitely. But please, just call me Lucy, unless you insist on formalities?' That would be new for her. Especially since the name Morgan is just something she made up for mundane business.

I should probably ask for his last name again, Milo... Something Slavic? Shit.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Ciara Maskelyne

Finn's attention it momentarily diverted from the two men as a forth person joins the group. Like the other members of the Freehold, this one was an unfamiliar face for Finn; but the living ember looked like the sort that could take care of herself...

"Nice to meet you, Lucy; I'm Finn. And don't worry, it seems you're in good company tonight; looks like we're all trying to get our bearings."

He then turned his attention back to Degnar, nodding his head softly as the man explained his situation. If this lot was any indication, the Freehold seemed to be in a rebuilding phase. Which means a lot of people were going to be trying to find their place in the city. It put them all on equal footing, but it could also be a dangerous time. Finn had his share of run-ins with over-zealous ladder climbers.

He then looks to Milo as the man speaks, glad the Autumn was asking questions instead of him. Finn often found himself getting carried away with a conversation, and digging a little too deeply into the subject matter...

As he waits for the Winter's reply, he turns his attention back to Lucy. "So, what about you Lucy? New arrival or recently returned?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread