Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris studies the woman from top to toe. Is this what has become of the Ordo Dracul in Max' absence. Journalists? Or a kinder Inquisitor who just saw her Sanctified Swamp Thing dripping back to the sewers? No, of course, it's a new member of the First Estate, thrown before him to secure Asa's pleasant night without further business.

Time to find out. Chris' fake smile doesn't leave his face.

'Not much is convenient tonight, I'm afraid. But hey, I'm not looking for trouble.' He shrugs, it's very true. He crosses his arms.

'So, it depends on who's asking.' The forced smile becomes a smirk.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

2. Likes Wod.Infant, Cayce liked this post

PRE

"Josephine would be asking, and I would be Josephine," she replied, face pleasantly neutral. "Similarly, I am also not looking for trouble, so we should be in good stead on that account. I merely hoped that you might be willing to shed some further light upon your actions this evening. I would hate for a misunderstanding to occur, and I do believe I could help in that regard. So if tonight is not convenient, would you be interested in setting a date and location for a more convenient time? My schedule is quite open, really. As long as you don't mind meeting after sunset, that is."

Black lips quirked into a dry smile.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Good to meet you Josephine. I'm Chris Wooding, Hierophant of the Circle.' He remains polite, as he still has to form an opinion on the woman.

With a chuckle he answers, 'After sunset, ah that's too bad.'

Hierophants have a tradition of meeting at the start of noon. I thought that was common knowledge.

'I can answer one or two questions now, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how much there is to say about tonight's unfortunate events.' He looks around, it's not his problem, but many others are leaving already.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

"Ah, the Hierophant. Most excellent." Her smile turned pleased, now showing teeth. "That is to say, it is most excellent to make the acquaintance of such a philosophical figure. And I do appreciate you taking a few moments to speak with me. I apologize if I sounded brusque or rude before. I often find myself to fall on the unflattering side of focused, as I'm sure you've noticed. But, in the interest of not wasting more of your time, I shall now ask my question. What is the significance behind the gesture you earlier made, where you pierced your fingertips with your fangs and then thrust your hand out, clearly with some intent?" Her black eyes were expectant, almost hungry for his response.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

The Hierophant just smiles. Philosophical figure? Perhaps. He nods to agree, oh, and apology accepted. It's such a strange evening already.

'That, Josephine, was a ritual of blood magic better known as Crúac. And although the use of discipline is forbidden in Court - I did what I had to do to make the best of the situation.'

A pause, as he ponders on things.

'Gunnar himself was out of my physical reach.'

A casual shrug, then he grins.

'What the ritual did, will of course remain a mystery to those outside the Covenant.'

"Oh, of course it shall remain a mystery. I do know enough of your faith to know that the Mysteries are not freely explained, even to some of those who are initiated into your Covenant. Certainly, it would also take far too long for you to explain the true metaphysical mechanics behind what you did, and I shall not be rude and try to pry into that. But I would be most pleased if you would do me the service of telling me who, or what, you affected aside from the subject of the blood hunt," she prodded, gaze intent, like that of a fox eying a passing rabbit.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Excuse me?' Chris says, as he narrows his eyes, studying the woman.

'Aside from the subject of the bloodhunt' means she assumes he didn't target Gunnar? That is quite an accusation.

The truth.

But she doesn't know that. 'Do you see anyone else beheaded? Or even acting typically cursed?' He smiles warmly, an expression that would say: there's no need to worry.

'If your crops start withering, please contact me though, then something might have gone wrong. Now... if you'll excuse me, I think it's time to leave.' He checks the time on his watch. If he still wants to make it to the farm... 'One final death is enough for the night.'

'Goodbye Miss Josephine.' Then he walks away.

9. Likes Forn Clakes, West liked this post
Closed Thread