DISPLAYED
(Forever Kiss) Beacon in the Dark

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

West of the Sacramento River, the city changed. West of the river, Sacramento became a tangled anarchy of zones and frenzied building: light industry battled with suburban neighbourhoods, fighting for space and identity against the tangled tentacles of freeways and train lines; in the edges and between the cracks, new developments sprang up like bright weeds. Here the city expanded, but unlike Mather in the east and Valencia in the north, in the west the urban sprawl spewed forth in one undulating carpet of alternating parks, suburb and industrial workshop.

In this part of West Sacramento, the night was quiet and edged with silent threat. The railway screened this space of open concrete, water towers, gas tanks, construction sites and workshops from the civilised darkness of the suburbs with their carefully spaced lights and ranks of houses. Here the light was poor and murky; the shadows were deep and long. This was a place of work and transformation in the day. By night, regret and unfulfilled dreams haunted the bare concrete and corrugated iron like ghosts.

And by night, someone else had opened their business. See - on that wall... And sprayed on that fence there... And daubed crudely on the pillar supporting some sort of silo - a sign or sigil.

A pair of comical red lips and big white fangs.

Someone has changed tactics.

Over to you Walker Harold Thorne Michael Travis Travisc06489 I'll leave it up to you how and why your characters are exploring this part of the Communal Hunting grounds...

PRE

Footsteps were ringing out on the concrete. Awkward, frantic clicking and shuffling. The brunette in a little slip of a dress doesn't bother to look over her shoulder. Michael trails a short distance behind in a flat-out run - guile is no longer an option. Poor thing is trying to run in heels. The irony of feeling pity for his next meal is not lost on him. If he had been a little more quiet, a little more subtle, he might not be chasing this poor girl down in an unfamiliar part of town. The fact that he had been shadowing her for so long in territory he barely knew grated on Michael. Anyone could be watching. Michael chides himself on his lack of foresight. He would need to finish this quickly - or disapear. Fortunately for him, his quarry wasn't making good time.

OOC

W
    Walker

Harold hissed an irritated sigh through his teeth as he heard the clattering of heels on concrete. He had been tracing this particular irritation for some nights now, and just when he finds the trail of this aggravating little tosser again, some idiot decides that tonight he was going to run his prey down in the street like a dog. Tonight just seemed to be 'wipe your arse with the Masquerade' night, and Harold was not very pleased about it.

He steps out of the alleyway looking distinctly grumpy, and met the pair of runners with a face like a thunderstorm and one of his favorite words. "Stop" was dispatched towards the woman, and a frown that made him look a little like Winston Churchill during a particularly bad hangover was directed at the pursuer, his Beast echoing his foul mood as it expressed a very persuasive opinion to reduce him to his component parts for disturbing him like this.
      3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-02 09:54:56 Harold rolls 8 to Command (Int3+Int2+Dom3) (10 Again) 5, 8, 9, 1, 5, 4, 9, 7 3 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-03 06:12:42 Someone rolls 4 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 10, 6, 5, 8, 8 3 successes

It all happens so fast. The woman in full flight, barely notices Harold until he lumbers from the shadows. His voice is commanding but whether his Art effects her or not, he is unable to say for certain. She does come to an unsteady halt, however. Harold Thorne is a big man - a rotund pile of a man - and he almost completely blocks her path.

She scrabbles around him and it those moments that cost her. For Michael Travis is upon her...

I'm going to rule that while the mortal lucks out and succeeds against the Dominate, she is still sufficiently started by the Ventrue's sudden appearance that she allows Michael to get the drop on her. As having a combat round at this point would get in the way, I'm ruling that the Mekhet gets his his prey and can feed. Assuming that Michael doesn't drain his prey dry, he can roll [Strength + Larceny] where each success provides 1 extra Blood Point to his pool, and the prey is sufficiently dealt with not be an issue - this part of Sacramento looking like an industrial barren, he can easily dispose of the hapless woman safely. And then we can continue...

Stuff will happen shortly

PRE

Michael sees the ample man step out in front of his quarry. Though he knows the word was directed towards his prey, the Beast within reels at the sound. The other Beast's presence chills him with a primal fear that screams 'time to leave'. Fortunately for Michael, his Beast was also very hungry. With his goal so close, the fear is a fleeting distraction. Michael does not waste the opportunity and snatches the girl in those precious few seconds.

2 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-03 10:42:58 Michael Travis rolls 5 to Strength+Larceny to Feed (10 Again) 9, 1, 8, 4, 5 2 successes

After finishing with her, Michael rights himself and slowly regains his composure. He eyes the man with new intent, veiled by his oh-so-common mask of detached calm and courtesy, and comes to conclusions quickly. He's a Lord, he's been around longer than Michael has and he's not just lurking in the alleyways by chance. He's also inadvertently helped Michael catch his prey.

"I suppose I should thank you for that." he says, flatly.

W
    Walker

"Yes. Now do be so good as to not play with your food in future, we've already got one nuisance due for an appointment with the Reeve, I would hate to have to double that number." His frown softened a little into an appraising glance, before he shrugged internally, and decided that he might as well take advantage of having a little muscle along for the ride tonight, he might end up needing it. "This rather aggravating gentleman is the one leaving all these delightful 'tags' around the area. Now my usual partner is absent tonight, so how would you like smoke out a poacher tonight?" And I'll forget the your little flirtation with bending the first tradition. That last bit could go unsaid, but it vibrated in the air between them nevertheless. "But before that, clear up this mess. I'd prefer not to have to alter any memories tonight." Indicating the unconscious woman at their feet.

PRE

Typical Ventrue condescension. Michael chafed, somewhat, at the stranger calling him out on his botched hunt. He didn't show it. The man was correct, anyhow. And he's working for the Reeve? Michael would excuse the slight. There was business to attend to here. He eyes the 'tag' for the first time tonight and gives it quick once-over. Michael glances back towards the man, his hazel eyes always looking distant yet never staying still. He doesn't speak until the man finishes.

"If you're working for Mr. Connery and need another pair of hands, I would be happy to assist. I've been wanting to meet him for some time now. He's a busy man, it would seem." If anyone else were speaking, there might have been snippets of wit and sarcasm woven into his words. Michael simply speaks frankly - almost all of the time. He stoops down and scoops up the girl, eying a dark and secluded area nearby where she could rest without drawing attention. When he finishes, he returns to the other man, waiting a beat before speaking.

"Michael Travis, by the way." He does not offer his hand. He simply clasps his hands together behind his back - a remnant of his military upbringing - and looks at the other expectantly.

W
    Walker

Well at least he can obey orders Harold mused as Michael disposed of his meal. After his introduction he replied. "Harold Thorne. Now lets get down to business. There is a poacher around here somewhere, and he likes to secure his supply with blood bonds." The fact that it was the same technique that so many kindred use to secure their herds was irrelevent, it was a lead back to him, and it was all they had to go on aside from a few stolen glances across a crowded dancefloor.

"He may be distributing it as a drug, it's really the only thing that ties the club we originally found him in and this charming locale together." He paused in thought for a second as he inserted this assistance in the paln he had concocted for tonight. "Now you seem to be suited more for reconnoitering the area. Keep your eyes peeled for anyone dealing near one of those signs. If you find one, contact me and if possible apprehend a user once they leave. Once I get to you, whether it's a dealer or a user, I'll have a friendly chat about who exactly is behind all of this, and we should be able to pinpoint where exactly he lairs."

He waits a second for Micheal to absorb what he's just said before concluding with a brisk. "Any Questions?" Now came the real test, he'd seen that the Micheal could obey orders, but could he think? That was what seperated a partner from a patsy, and while both had their place, he would rather the person that much of tonight's efforts were going to rest had a little more between his ears than the Beast and some cobwebs.

PRE

Listening in complete silence, Michael's only response to the man's description of his problem was one or two clipped nods and slight tilt of his head when asked about 'questions'. Where do I begin? The decision not to use a few choice words about this complete stranger ordering him around wasn't much of a decision, but that didn't stop Michael from forming opinions. Most of them venomous.

"If you could put in a good word for me with the Reeve when we apprehend the culprit, I would appreciate it. All I need to know is if you know anything more about the individual you are looking for." Polite, monotone and to to the point. Michael had no intention of revealing anything more than necessary to this other Kindred - which really wasn't different from any others Michael had met. He can play his power game. I'll play mine by getting results.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread