Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Consilium - House of Cards

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last

Jonokuchi

PRE

When Jonokuchi and Striker entered the room, they paused to take stock. It was a long cab journey from Folsom and the sumo had sat in the back, on his own due to his huge girth, whereas Striker had to sit up front next to the driver who rambled most of the way. Dressed in his traditional black and white kimono, Jonokuchi had simply remained silent the whole way, resting his staff across his lap, focusing on the ends and the distance between each.

As they arrived, Jonokuchi paid the driver before following his cabalmate in, looking at the room with a nod of appreciation. The Hierarch was making an impression, one the Arrow could appreciate. A business gathering. Leaning on his staff, Jonokuchi moved to the side of the door to stand as a statue, watching the proceedings intently.

Spells cast at Sanctum
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 14:06:40 Jonokuchi rolls 7 to Space + Gnosis + HS (Spatial Awareness) (10 Again) 8, 3, 1, 3, 4, 6, 1 1 success
    2014-10-04 14:06:23 Jonokuchi rolls 7 to Space + Gnosis + HS (Untouchable) (10 Again) 9, 10, 4, 2, 4, 1, 9, 1 3 successes

T

24 hour Sight and Shield, Hallow used for Mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 14:31:21 Striker rolls 3 to Pulse of the Living World (Lif+Gno+HS-2 Duration-1 Failure) (10 Again) 2, 8, 4 1 success
    2014-10-04 14:31:02 Striker rolls 4 to Pulse of the Living World (Lif+Gno+HS-2 Duration) (10 Again) 1, 6, 1, 5 failure
    2014-10-04 14:30:47 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gn+L+HS) (10 Again) 6, 9, 7, 1, 6, 10, 3 2 successes

He had caught cabs only a few times before since he had left home all those years ago. Striker found himself out talked by the cabbie, but it was good hearing another perspective on life. He was glad that his cabal-mate could afford the fare, himself still looking for a more permanent source of cash.

As he entered the conference room behind the large sumo he looked around at some of the new faces, noting a crowd forming around Crowley, the old guy Bishop? he'd had a good yarn with a month ago, the Veiled Threats were all here and Asp was talking to... A medieval re-enacter? Jeez these Yanks are weird. He saw a bunch of other faces he thought he recognised and some he knew he didn't.

The girl from the park was there too. He'd seen her at The Duel, but hadn't had a chance to introduce himself as wise member of the Awakened community and not just some hot head that starts fights in the park.

"All right Jono?" He nodded to the sumo taking up a position by the door. "I'm gonna chat. Lemme know if ya need me."

The one-armed Aussie beelined for Faye with a friendly smile. "Madison right? Good to see ya here!"

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    L
    LoneRanger

cast home, sup vis 6 suxx, uns aeg 1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 15:22:02 supernal vision rolls 6 to wit+occ+prime (10 Again) 9, 7, 9, 8, 10, 9, 9 6 successes
    2014-10-04 15:20:36 unseen aegis rolls 9 to Int+Sci+Matter (9) (10 Again) 7, 4, 10, 6, 3, 2, 6, 6, 1, 5 1 success

As I arrive to the Bismark with a cab, I take some time before entering the place, to concentrate. I haven't been in the Society of Mages ages ago... A bit of tension could be natural. Oh well, since I've been in Wales, to be more precise. When was it? two...Three month ago?

Blessed be my family as it kept my clothes in decent state. A quick sweep of the hand and I am Ok, so I start to walk inside the place. After trodding the way, I enter the room where the meeting is hosted. Willworkers; lot of congragated Willworkers. Entering I move sideway the door. I bow to the giant japanese at the side of the door Jonokuchi

The Herald is there. Crowley I bow lightly to him. Ah, the Mystery man of the JavaLounge. Another light bow to him. Sylvan

Others are around. The old guy. Could be an idea. I put on my best, friendly smile.

I move toward him. Samaritan

Hello there. I hope everything is fine

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus strolls into the Bismark, a polo shirt and khakis offered up as a sacrifice to the spirits of formality. After all, the new order had had time to be established, and tempers to cool. Presumably, people wouldn't be physically attacking each other.

Which didn't mean he had any less of an intention of keeping an eye on the proceedings. He had his duty, after all. Speaking of which, the spell hemming in the room merits a look*. It was unlikely in the extreme that the meeting would have been allowed with an unknown spell in place, but what if everyone else had made the exact same assumption?

Satisfied with his inquiry, the Shaman surveys the room proper, letting faces blend in with the whispers of life surrounding him, the echoes of words diffusing from various points. All seems normal enough, but his attention is drawn to the edges, the seeming outsiders. Far easier to observe, when you weren't in the thick of things.

Ghosting into place next to Mace , he lets his eyes drift once more about the room, snatches of conversation filtering through his hearing. Curious, the differing sorts of information granted to each sense. "You can learn a lot from this vantage. Anything jumping out?" The barest flicker of a glance is spared for his fellow Talon, the product of a forceful reminder, rather than any force of habit.

*Scrutiny on ward
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 16:43:30 [02] Animus rolls 7 to Scrutiny on ward: identity *only* (Int + Occ) (10 Again) 2, 8, 10, 10, 10, 2, 7, 4, 2, 9 5 successes
    2014-10-04 16:43:30 [01] Animus rolls 7 to Scrutiny on ward: identity *only* (Int + Occ) (10 Again) 4, 3, 7, 3, 6, 10, 1, 3 1 success

Falstaff

PRE

Falstaff smiles for his picture with Crowley, making bunny ears behind his head. "I'm the Soul of the Libertine," he says explaining his regalia.

Shaking Ermie's hands, Falstaff realizes his Angel Investor is worried about something. He's about to tell him a joke to cheer him up when Ermie says they need to have another talk. Maybe Ermie's nervous about him? Is he worried that Falstaff won't have a good time? No. Then it hits him: it's probably lady trouble. "I'd be happy to talk to you later." He winks.

When the goddess strolls by draped in the bed sheet, Faye , he stares . . . in a good way, like at art. When she smiles he looks around to make sure it's for him. Realizing it is, he sighs, smitten, and then waves a hand. She must like the ruffles on his shirt.

Another lady approaches: blue blouse. She's serious, like Ermie, but meaner maybe? He smiles, but wonders if he should be afraid--Cleopatra had used an asp to join Marc Anthony in the afterlife. Crowley wouldn't let her bite him, he decides. And there's always the possibility that she likes ruffles too. He follows her.

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop sits in his corner, his hands playing idly with a glass filled with water. At times, he produced a gentle hum, when his hand caressed the rim of the vessel. He watched the influx, mentally noting people he knew and people he did not. He gave a nod to the two Guardians of the Veiled Threats and a mock salute in the direction of Ariadne.
    Then a new face appeared. Elder type, well mannered and soft spoken. Classy outfit. Bishop noted those details in the seconds, in which the man came over to him and spoke.
    <Intriguing.> he thought.
    "Please, have a seat. I am known as Bishop in this assembly and I work for the Veil." he replied.

Bishop and Pelican continue here
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Idun

PRE

Casted at Home - Organic Armor potency of 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-04 17:27:02 Idun rolls 7 to Life + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 10, 1, 7, 10, 8, 2, 3, 4, 3 3 successes

Idun arrives wearing a orange long sleeve shirt sporting the symbol of Batman on the back with the front sporting an image of classic Batman perched on a gray building plus black jeans. She's sporting earring studs that were shaped as bats as jewelry. Her bangs are orange while the rest of it is black. She's carrying a small purse that just holds her cellphone, wallet, and keys.

As she strolls into the room, her gaze sweeps about the room. Seeing Strike and Animus, she gets a thoughtful look and decides to approach Animus.

"Hello, Animus. I hope you've been well?" Idun asks Animus ( Animus )

Miach

PRE

Before Miach really got to talk with Crowley and the other man, they were joined by someone who truely wanted to steal the spotlight from everyone else. It sounded like the other mage was Ermie, and the newcomer's name Falstaff. Noted. He was still trying to overcome the stupefaction of Falstaff's outfit by the time they were joined by Pepper.

Good thing he had organized that Acanthus meeting, or Miach would have been overloaded by newcomer's names. Asp then chose to join and request Mr F and her had a private talk... Okay...

The Medstar didn't think he could still have a nice talk with Crowley and Ermac now, so instead looked around, only to realize how many people had trickled in, bit by bit. Faye. A tall athletic woman and a scruffy looking man. Ariadne and Jonokuchi... others still.

The latest was his friend, Idun, and he would have gone and talked with her, but she was approaching the former Hierarch Animus, around whom Miach had always felt uncomfortable. Better staying where he was, then, and listen to what Pepper had in mind. After all, it might well be Acanthus business. But where was Nous, by the way ?

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

So, some fat, renaissance guy had decided to tag along after them? Fucking weird, but hey, looked like Asp was going to take care of it. Warding the Banner and all that. Good for her.

And Star? Well, now he was digging through some fucking wallet? What the hell? The sudden appearance of the item was strange enough that Star's compliments slipped into the oblivion of the forgotten, sparing him an elbow or an eye roll (who knows which it would have been).

She would have asked where he'd gotten the leather pouch, but then two alien faces strode on up and started speaking words at them. One who had kind of an Orlando Bloom thing going on, with hair that seemed, somehow, dramatically primal, and the other one seemed all kinds of bright and cheerful, hair included, but had a strange grit to her voice. The woman moved with a certain ease of her limbs, and the man was trim, enough that she suspected they both knew a bit about what violence demanded. Yeah, definitely seemed like interesting people, and seeing how Star was focused on the wallet, Asp was now gone, doing her thing, and Zoey was preoccupied, that left her to make nice. Except now the Epopt appeared like some kind of suit covered shrink, demanding they confront the elephant in the room. Goddammit.

"Um. Uh," Avis muttered, eyes flicking between the two smiling, new faces and the stern, familiar one. "Fluke, Mae: Avis," she finally replied, tapping her collarbone to indicate she was telling them her shadowname. "Excuse me and Zodiac, please," she continued, indicating her cabalmate before stepping off to the side, brushing past Star, to speak to the Epopt.

Ariadne, Avis, Zodiac: continue here.

What lift?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 04:13:58 Avis rolls 6 to eyes, eyes (wits+comp) (10 Again) 3, 4, 8, 7, 8, 1 2 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

What the heck?

Suddenly, people were coming, going, Principal Ari was there, Asp was gone, two new... it was a little much. Hadn't they spent the last one of these getting to crack funnies while everyone Did Stuff? This rabbit was ready to bolt back into the warren of 4W.

The eyes that had popped up off of the wallet like a rabbit into a field slid around, and a finger came up in a Uno Momento gesture.

"Zoey? When you're like, doing Heraldrous things, or getting your Heraldic on, or, whatever it is is Heralds do? Could you proclaim someone lost this?"
    Lost? Yes, yes they did. Lost it how? Don't Ask.

He was tempted to Matter-mit the Driver's License into a Dwarven Projectile License before giving it to Lost and Found.

Principal Ari. Avis . Zodiac . What? Oh, right. Do the math for the Space-fold, Navigator.

"Potato!"

Long fingers plucked at Avis' sleeve before she escaped. Agendas, yo. Everyone has them. Hers were breadlines. He needed an Acanthus, to give him Time to explain, but then the moment was gone.

"...Puh-tah-tow,"
    he finished, the upheld finger fanning out into a wave of greeting to Fluke and Mae .

"That's, uh, like totally because I just got hot potatoed. By the Fist, that's funny, right? Oh. Hey. Star. Is me... that is, hi. I'm Star. Sup?"

Had they seen his lift? Awkward, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Kelreth, Cayce liked this post
Page 3 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... Last
Closed Thread