Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1410) Consilium - House of Cards

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 14 of 18 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
    E
    Ermac

The task put before him by the Hierarch, things were about to get interesting in the coming months. This was his ambition, after all - actually playing a part in fixing a broken Consilium. It was just happening so swiftly.

"Congratulations Asp ."

Then to Nous, "As far as I am aware, I have no new business." To Mace . "I would like to lend a hand with the souls laylines."

Jonokuchi

PRE

Jonokuchi nodded as first the Hierarch and then his Counselor congratulated him but already his mind was elsewhere, eyes glancing to another obviously taken by surprise.

Leaning on his staff, the sumo made his way through the crowd until he came to stand a metre away from Asp . He offered her a nod before turning to stand beside her, a show of unity, of colleagues.

Jonokuchi said nothing. He didn't have to. Arrows spoke through action, through thoughtful movements that led onto consequences of the Soul. With Asp beside him, the Mastigos knew the Sentinels could accomplish the impossible.

Miach

PRE

It wasn't his place to speak, but Miach couldn't help but grin at the face Idun made when she was handed the Lex to read and amend. There went her free hours for the next few weeks.

The Enchanter had little else to contribute, and thus merely made a mental note to check with Tyria what needed to be done from the Mysterium's side. His new insights truly changed his perspective...

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper paused, then looked back at the counsel. Specifically, Nous. The Acanthus Provost sighed, then cleared her throat. "Ah, I suppose there's at least one more thing to consider. Even running on just the temporary Golden Laws, I have witnessed a Breach of Secrecy." She paused, trying to figure out how much information needed to be given.

"We were looking into a relatively small matter of a suspected mage using magic to cheat at poker in illegal Poker games. During the attempt to Apprehend him, Weavebreaker cast a vulgar spell in front of four conscious Sleepers. I'm fairly certain that they distinctly noticed. I would, with my knowledge of the Lex, recommend she serve a minor penance to Consilium."

Another pause, her face showing a note of regret - she liked Weave, but dammit, she wasn't going to allow the golden laws to be broken without any comment. "Since we need to get the Lex out to the members of the consilium so that it can be reviewed, perhaps having her type up a copy of the Lex for every member currently without a copy? On a typewriter, for repetition's sake." She closed her eyes, and sighed.

Hopefully if anyone else witnessed any violations of the golden laws, they'd speak up as well.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    M
    Mace

Mace took the copy from her Sister. Not like she hadn't been hearing about it, and seeing it for weeks, but still it was the proper thing to do. Besides, she'd need to make actual notes based on what the other Moros said. She wasn't looking forward to that task. She tucked it away for later perusal. "Congratulations," she said to the new pair of Sentinels. The quiet sumo seemed like a good addition, and Asp? Well, she'd just been hearing Asp's name everywhere. Something to keep in mind.

When Pepper spoke again, Mace's gaze drew to the Obrimos in question. She was there, she had some memory of the event. But better to give Weavebreaker a chance to speak up. "Weavebreaker, if you would please come forward," she called out, hoping her voice would carry. "I'd like to hear your side of the events."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Much as I appreciate the, um, counsel, especially from one who compiled the new laws, we'll need to look them over before Justice can be given. Hearing of the case isn't a bad way to start, though, so I would second the request that Weavebreaker tell us about the incident," Avis added, pushing her knowledge of court proceedings to the limit. Hence why she wanted to actually look over the goddamn laws before a punishment was decided upon. Because that was no easy thing, deciding what would serve as Justice, particularly when there was no victim, or no corpse, crying for restitution.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

8. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    E
    Ermac

Ermac had to restrain a face palm upon hearing Weavebreaker's actions. Going Vulgar in front of Sleepers to stop a magically enhanced gambling cheat? The Theurge did not know which was more absurd.

He now had to judge one of his own. If he was capable of telepathy, he would have forewarned her. You better have a good excuse.

Overall, he was displeased by the matter. Pepper's suggestion of Penance was creative for what is was. Definitely worth keeping around for future usage.

However, Avis spoke sound logic. Speaking to the assembly, "I concur with Councilors Mace and Avis. We should examine the legislation first, before rendering judgment."

His focus zeroed in on the accused, "Weavebreaker should be given this opportunity to share her side of the story."

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop really had to surpress a cynical laugh.
    <First you declare openly and publicly, that the legislation is null and void. And then, before ratifying the next piece of legislation they move to pass judgement on a trespasser. Well? On what grounds will your sentence be based?> he thought, still unable to really believe this. This was indeed a very poor way of conduct. Bishop mentally flipped a coin.
    <Ah, screw it.>
    He rose from his seat.
    "Council, I don't think you have this meeting under control. I can't recognize any due process and neither do I see any of the so called "legal representation", that the Silver Ladder does praise so much. You have decleared the current lex null and void and now you are moving to pass a sentence on someone who has crossed a line that was rendered obsolete by your declaration. On what grounds do you think you could base any sentence? This right here and right now..." Bishop encompassed the entire room, "...is not acting as a consilium, but as a mob. I strongly advise, that you get your agenda into schedule and I also might add, that accusing a trespasser in front of an entire room filled with people, that were not even slightly involved in the incident - some of us here have not even been formally recognized - is really poor conduct. It is not displaying any respect to the accused ones rights of privacy. For further procedural, I'd strongly recommend, you ask yourself how you yourselves would like to be treated in this kind of situation."

Bishop stood straight in a slightly relaxed pose, his hands behind his back and his eyes fixated on the hierarch and his council.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

11. Likes Matamune, Kelreth, Yumyumcrow, Teeramus liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker glanced to Bishop as she stepped forward, as she had to accept responsibility for her actions regardless of the red tape. She cast a quick glance to Pepper, giving a soft nod of her head. "During the attempt to Apprehend him, I was the only person with a hope of stopping him before he escaped. I attempted to use my understanding of Forces to reduce the friction of his shoes, making it harder to escape. Unintentionally, though, instead of reducing the friction of his shoes it reduced the friction of the entire area around the exit, which crumbled under the weight of disbelief in seconds. As to witnesses..." Weavebreaker shook her head softly.

"It happened so quick that the only cognizant witnesses were my peers and the only one to feel the effects was the suspect."

"A lot was happening very quickly and it is the first time I have ever had an effect happen differently then I called it to be and I accept full responsibility for my actions." Weavebreaker fell back to silence.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

13. Likes RebornSeas liked this post
    J

"A mob we are not, and barely have we settled into our seats, but we have supernal authority to act upon this. Weavebreaker has every right to retain a Factotum for counsel, but in this case it seems that it falls into either a yes or no situation. She either has or has not cast vulgar magic in front of sleepers and risked our secrecy. As a gold law, it is immutable, but we can certainly consider the circumstances."

She doesn't turn to stare down Bishop, as he is acting with good intentions, but months and possibly years of a lack of council has created chaos of it's own.

"Gold Laws are immutable in this case. Personally, I expected a city with a working Lex when I moved here. As such, I'd prefer that we stick with the traditions that keep order. Keeping in line with the Precept of Secrecy is one of those traditions that keeps order. Acting like a mob would be ignoring the requirements for supernal authority in this matter and just handing out judgement without hearing anything on the matter. And while Provost Pepper's suggestion will be considered, it's still up to the five of us to come to a conclusion and decide if penance is appropriate."

She looks around the table at the other four councilors, as this is a council matter. Steeled eyes and expression is for the serious nature of the matter.

"We have heard two testimonies on this matter. One from the accused that confirms the accusation. Are there any witnesses that can disprove this accusation that has been admitted by the accused? Were there no sleeper witnesses or possibly extenuating circumstances that you believe the council should hear, Weavebreaker? And do you wish to exercise your right to legal counsel, even though you've admitted the charge? Unless Lictor Telos has a good legal precedent why we might not consider this at this time I don't think we have much choice but to deal with it efficiently for the sake of the accused. No sense in drawing something out when we can deal with it efficiently. Unlike the previous administration, I don't wish to act by inaction. I expect the Tetragrammaton is clear on what is appropriate penance."

Weavebreaker Casitive
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Page 14 of 18 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread