Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(FF14)Morgan and the Sams

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

On the plus side it seems Mr. Hain hadn't gotten upset at her and wasn't trying to scare her with his teeth. Yay, he didn't notice her phobia nor was he insulted. On the down side, she'd butchered what she'd been trying to say quite completely. But they were focusing upon Mr. Gorgeo, which was much better as far as Morgan was concerned. She could simply explain why she was spooked, but Sam Hain's comment about "scaring the mundies" disauded her. No point in telling someone that likes to scare folks that he can make you jump with a smile.

So, the gremlin didn't have any interest in joining a Court yet? Time would tell if he'd find one to his liking. Then again, Morgan hadn't but the Courts, or rather the Wyrd, had picked one for her. "W-w-w-offer stands t-then, heh. Or fishy-Ava be smart-one to ask, " she points towards Ava's table, "b-bub-but one forbearance," she did manage to look at, well, Gorgeo's forehead as she finished, "I n-not seek Court either. M-mmantle j-just found me...diiiidn't notice for whiles either. Eh-heh-heh." The flush to her face came as what she said caught up with her brain. She probably shouldn't have admitted to failing to notice she was manifesting dead leaves when she walked.

Though in all honesty, who looked at their feet that often whilst walking? She was skittish, not depressed.

E
    Eris

As Catherine approached the trio she caught a snippet of their discussion... something about courts and mantles? Hoping that she wasn’t intruding on a private matter she stepped forward.

”Hi, I’m Catherine”

She paused, awaiting their response and fervently hoping that she wasn't making some sort of Faux Pas.

E
    ErlangShen

"I'm sure you'll find your niche in due time," the Lurker remarked to the Goblin. "Of course, I'm biased as I'd certainly be happy to have you join us."

He turned to Morgan, "I haven't met Ava yet." Following up with a polite request, "Might you be able to introduce me to her if you see her?"

A breeze entered the vicinity...and the scent of rain. "Well hello there," The Jack O'Lantern looked to the newcomer giving a wide smile. "Catherine, I am Sam Hain. Pleasure to meet you. Please, join us."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel nodded at the other Sam, acknowledging his statement without further words. He had been told in every city he'd stopped in before that he would eventually find himself a niche, and had yet to. Not that he particularly cared. The Courts always put him a little on edge. He'd been suspicious of any changeling society for a while, and the monarchic system reminded him too much of his time in Arcadia, what little he could remember.

But he kept his thoughts to himself, not particularly wanting to trouble these people with doubts about an organizational system that had been in place for as long as any living individual could remember. Instead, he turned to the new, barely present woman with his best fake toothy smile and stretched out a scarred hand to take hers. "A pleasure, Miss. Samuel Gorgeo, at your service."

For a moment, he thought about bowing instead, or at least kissing her hand, since he was using 'at your service', and you have to stay thematic in your greetings. But it also occurred to him that it was too late to bow, and if he put her hand anywhere near his mouth she might think he was going to eat it. Not that he would. He wouldn't eat people-meat. Or...well, it was on his bucket list, but not in public, at least. He had class. That's why he wore the suit.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

She looked back at Mr. Hain and nodded her head, focusing once more on his hat, "Sss-sure, heh. Easy-place s-ssince fishie-Ava haz b-book able-table heh-here."

Morgan's nosed twitched and she looked up, sniffing as the scent of rain hit her nose. Was it about to start falling in the Hollow? She'd not be surprised if it did, but the scent was actually coming from the lady not the air. Her head quickly darted towards the woman approaching. Her eyes quickly scanned the woman, but the gaze calmed as she didn't resemble anything that had once tried to eat the Beast.

"G-g-g-Hi! Um, heh-heh, welcomes beneficial, offenses be-none. I-I-Imma Morgan, hopefully nice-to-greet-you."

E
    Eris

As the two figures turned to face her offering introductions of their own, a thought urgently clamoured for her attention.

Those teeth look awfully sharp, and aren’t there a lot of them...

Those teeth look awfully sharp...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-03 16:13:30 Catherine Brume rolls 6 to Wits + Comp to resist showing their surprise (10 Again) 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5 failure
    Frozen to the spot like an agoraphobic caribou, Catherine found herself incapable of reacting as the little goblin took her hand in his. Like a deer in the path of an oncoming vehicle, she was helpless to tear her gaze away from the dull amber light which emanated from the larger figure’s otherwise vacant eye sockets. His sinister grin widened as if to proclaim his knowledge of her discomfort, and thorough amusement at her position.

Thankfully the smaller woman - had she called herself Morgan? - spoke up, her disjointed greeting jarring Catherine from her bovine stupor.

Tearing her gaze away from taller gentleman she regarded the goblin, still clasping her hand in his. He actually seemed a little abashed, as though he was uncertain whether he had offended her and was wondering if he should let go. His toothy grin seemed more sheepish than predatory, combined with his fearsome countenance and fine suit it made for a strangely disarming effect.

You know, once you get past the teeth – why did I have to put it that way? – he’s an interesting study in contrasts. I should sketch him later.

With a genuine, if nervous smile she gently squeezed the goblin’s hand in return, hoping that her earlier lack of response hadn’t offended them.

”I'm pleased to make your acquaintance Samuel.”

She regarded the trio again.

Perhaps a group sketch?

She found the idea oddly endearing.

Easing her fingers from the goblin’s, she turned to regard the looming Jack O’ lantern, his grin still present, and offer him her hand.

E
    ErlangShen

"Thank you Morgan." The Darkling's rictus grin slowly collapsed. She offered her hand. He extended his in return. "Welcome to the Freehold's Fallen Fair." The campfire glow flickered as if blinking, "If I may ask, what Court are you associated with? If any?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Sam took note of the woman's moment of non-movement, retracting his hand and pulling out his pocket-watch to check it quickly, then replacing it. His hands then hung at his side limply. He wasn't quite sure what to do with them. What did he usually do with his arms? He couldn't figure it out. Maybe crossing them? No, no, that looks stupid. One in the other? Maybe...behind the back? Sam's hands kept shifting, moving through various different positions as he tried to pick a spot to put them. Damn, there was a lot of people here. Lots and lots of people, some with sharp teeth, all around...

Oh god, I think I'm having a mini freak-out. Calm down, man. Calm down. You're scarier than all of them. Wait, that's not reassuring at all! You look stupid right now. Quick, before they start staring at you or something!

"So...how about those...sports..." Sam tried to keep any panic out of his voice. It was difficult. He could practically hear his heart pounding.

Okay, now just smile. Maybe wave. He did so. Why are you waving, dumbass? Quick, stop before you look even stupider! His hands returned to their nervous fidgeting.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan opens her mouth to speak then freezes. She casts a glance at, well, not Samuel's face (too many teeth) but his hands. She notes the guy is really fidgetty for some reason. His words have managed to achieve a rare state in Morgan's brain. A state that is normally reserved for skipping on roof ledges and fleeing through the Hedge.

Her stutter was briefly stopped: "Ummmm, what...sports? Zzzorry...d-did I avoid word-speak ah-g-gain?" she looks at Sam Hain's chest and then at Catherine's, trying to be nonchalant. Except it then makes her look down at her own chest. Pale lady, Catherine, had to have trouble slipping between thorns with so much extra chest in the way.

E
    Eris

Catherine stiffened for a moment as the Jack O’ Lantern unwittingly struck a nerve.

What should I say? Do I really believe in the principles of Spring after that mad bitch spat on everything that they taught me and chased me out of the city?

When the Sam in the suit spoke again Catherine turned so that she could regard the trio together. Whilst she considered how to reply to such a vague question - particularly since she didn’t know a damn thing about sports - she noticed that his hands were fidgeting rather a lot. He gave her a little wave but then resumed his small, frantic motions.

Am I making him uncomfortable?

When Morgan next spoke it became apparent that the goblin’s attempt at small talk had sailed over the little Beast’s head. Not wanting to embarrass Sam further, Catherine pondered how to continue the discussion without cluing her in.

Catherine fails to spot Morgan’s roaming eyes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 13:20:16 Catherine Brume rolls 6 to Perception (10 Again) 5, 1, 2, 6, 6, 5 failure
    She noticed that Morgan's head was hanging down as the girl stared at her own chest with a look of concern.
    Catherine began to offer her hand but overcome with compassion for the worried girl, knelt down and carefully enfolded the smaller woman in a comforting embrace. She really hoped that she wasn't making things worse, she realised that some people became really uncomfortable if you breached their personal space and Morgan did seem of a nervous disposition. Catherine needed to make a good impression if she wanted to stay in Sacramento, but if she could let Morgan know that they weren't alone, that someone else could see their distress and were willing to help if they wanted, well sometimes that was all you needed.
    Straightening up again she favoured Morgan with what she hoped was a reassuring smile before offering a second smile to the flustered Goblin. Finally she turned back to the looming Jack O’ Lantern and chose her next words with care.

”Until recently I was a member of the Spring court of Chicago. Though recent events have caused me to question my position on the matter. ”

Visibly brightening she continued.

” Is this the Fallen Fair? It’s my first Autumn since... since I got back.” She finished lamely.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread