Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14)Morgan and the Sams

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

She waves in greeting to Sam Hain first, "Hello Sam, n-n-n-good to see-meet you agian, heh. Y-you look-appear, uh, doing good, heh. H-h-hope you are e-enjoying the Freehold. G-g-g-g-be Autumn's time nearing, heh. T-t-t-t-though I'm n-not good at A-Autumn, no-matter-what-leaves-say, she grumbled the last part with a look down at the leaves around her feet. Well, she was trying to be smarter since she doubted she could ever pull off being scary.

She then turns to Samuel Gorgeo with a look of concentration, "E-excuse-interupt, b-b-b-but you be f-f-resemble I think perhaps. W-w-w-we maybe met b-b-before? Hmmm... she tilts her head in thought. Trying to recall why he had sounded so familiar.

Oh, its you!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-29 18:38:24 Morgan Bellanar rolls 2 to You sound familiar 5, 10 1 success

The Beast perks up and points triumphantly at at Samuel Gorgeo,"Oh yes-yup, the Maid book-guy! Eh-heh, um, outburst-oops, heh. Enjoyed the maids-book you did I hopes, heh...Still can't figure-ken where I got that," she shrugs. They must have both boosted their Masks at the book-fair-swap-thing. Lost running into each other without knowing it. A Spring would probably laugh about it but the raccoon found the idea...distressing.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel turns to Morgan, mentally finding the instance she's referring to. He then spends a few seconds sputtering as he tries to avoid any potential embarrassment from the revelation of being the "Maid Book Guy". And right in front of the Queen, no less! He could have fainted from sheer embarrassment. "Ah, uh, yes, I mean, that is, that's me." He is suddenly overtaken by a coughing fit, and spends a moment almost throwing up a lung and thumping his chest. "It has been, uh, very interesting, yes. I've been, ah, poking at the rules and they're a little confusing, but I can wade through them." He coughs again. "How have you found, eh....Le Morte D'Arthur? I think that was the book I left you with, right?"

E
    ErlangShen

"Morgan, it's so good to see you again." The Lurker gave a wide toothy grin. "Don't discount yourself like that. You're a fine Autumn." Hain patted her shoulder in an effort to reassure the skittish Beast.

He then turned to the Gremlin, "Good evening sir, I am Sam Hain. Are you new to the Freehold?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel turns his eye upon the other Sam, shivering slightly at his countenance. He studies him, from head to toe, and a second later wishes he hadn't. Even though the Gremlin knows that he himself is no looker, this other one, like all Autumns, was simply terrifying. Despite this, he swallows and steels himself, extending a slightly shaky, gnarled hand towards the pumpkin-faced man. "It's a, ah, pleasure to meet you. Samuel, yes. Samuel Gorgeo. Amusing coincidence, eh?" He lets out a nervous chuckle, his free hand tapping his pocket and then drifting to adjust the jacket of his tuxedo. "Yes, quite new. Only, uh, a few weeks here, actually."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The raccoon's Mantle was quite active, kicking up the leaves around her feet. She just had to not look at their teeth and she'd be just fine. The sharp-toothed pumpkin-scarecrow was cordial and well mannered, she had to remember that. And the sharp toothed goblin liked to play games about adorable, super-powered, cartoon maids. The second one did more to stop her brain from working then easing her fears.

Morgan winced and put on a friendly, if half-hearted smile: "T-th-the Ar-tor-ian t-t-t-stories were, uh...interesting. N-not keen on t-t-their fight style b-b-b-but each-their-own I g-g-guess, heh-heh," Personally she found the tales of honest battle silly. Morgan was of the firm belief that if you had to fight you made sure the other guy didn't know about it. Though reading of her namesake made her feel inadequate and superior at the same time. Morgan la Fey outclassed many Fae in theoretical power that any Lost would love to have to protect themselves. However, the raccoon was quite happy that she was, unlike her namesake, not a manipulative, evil bitch. "A-a-a-and the book-lady w-w-wanted to play a-a-and she was bit-pretty so bene-tat-iz-4-maid-gaim, heh-heh."

She lets out a low chuckle as Sam, er Sam Hain Sam, pats her on the shoulder, "Heh-heh, I do scared-e-scared prob-bubble pretty wells. I am NEVER go-go-gonna get good at scare udders-no-nada-nope." She looks back and forth from Sam to Sam as they talk. A smile crosses her face that quickly turns into a worried frown, "Um-uh-heh-heh. T-t-this m-might be raccoon-brain-stupid b-b-b-but concern: if-if somebody shouts Sam, h-h-how will you k-know which Sam they be talk-yell to? C-c-could go b-b-by Court bu-but if Sam, uh, you" she points at Samuel Gorgeo, "Nada you," she points at Sam Hain, "who is an Autumn and if you," points at Samuel Gorgeo, "also be Autumn t-then that not work as Sam be same as Autumn Sam that is Autumn...um, I think?"

Morgan was starting to confuse herself, but at least she hadn't gone cross eyed...yet.

E
    ErlangShen

The Darkling laughed at the situation. "Easy. Last names. When you need me just say Hain." Simple solution. "I'm fairly new myself. I arrived in July."

An Autumn that was afraid to keep terrorize the Mundies. She was peculiar. "I'll tell you what Morgan. We'll set up a night where we can discuss that issue." His lips pulled back again showing his maw. The light of his face glowed just barely brighter - minute but detectable.

Another sinister cackle followed, "For now, let us enjoy this wonderful night! Autumn is on the rise!"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel peers at the smaller, less terrifying Autumn, confused. Did she always speak in that weird, stuttery, illogical way? Half of what she said made no sense, and the other half was hurriedly assembled from random words that barely fit her subject. But perhaps it was some sort of mental issue. In any case, better not to draw attention to it. He gave her a toothy grin. "Yes, like he said, just use last names. Or, if you want, you can just call me Melvyn. I'll respond to it just as easily." Wait, had she said he was Autumn? He couldn't quite understand through all her weird half-talk. "And, uh, I'm not a part of the Autumn Court. Kinda out in the world, on my own, yaknow?" He scratched the back of his weirdly shaped, hairless head nervously. Had he misinterpreted her words? Would she misinterpret his? Could she even understand normal people? He started to breathe a little faster.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The leaves kicked up around her feat once more. Fear was a major instinct for her and it didn't like to turn off. Morgan was perfectly capable of talking normally whenever her fear was focused upon non-social issues. Twas why she was more calmer on roof ledges or among the uncharted Thorns. Morgan's phobia of sharp teeth didn't help her stay calm either, especially with the two gentlemen's dentures.

Still, she was trying to be civil and slowly nodded at Sam Hain's solution, "Oh, heh-heh, yeah, Mr Heh-Hain. D-d-d-hat makes s-sense. A-a-and not b-b-bad i-issue j-j-jjj-eeth," she had started to sound defense but the last part was squeaked as Mr Hain smiled. Teeth! Morgan needed to look at something else, anything else. His hat? Oh yeah, twas a nice hat, really nice. "H-h-h-h-no-eeth ni-nice hat, heh, s-still nice hat, snaazy. A-a-a-and Autumn l-rise-rise yes-good. T-t-time of f-wight and ken-smarts, heh."

Oh, he wasn't an Autumn? "N-n-negative Autumn?" she turned to Sam Gorgero and her eyes started roaming, trying to focus upon something other then the teeth. If she'd known she'd be in a situation like this, she'd have gotten drunk first. Which would have been fine for Spring events but it might piss off Betony so probably for the best she hadn't. She focused on his ears, they weren't scary at all. Kinda puppy like, "W-w-w-hall if you n-new d-don't worries. C-c-court izza something you can pluck-pick u-usually or-or just h-happens too is-is happen, l-like-me, heh. There be-four of 'em if-if you had qu-questions well, um..." she looked around but the more intelligent (less stuttering) Autumn members were all busy already. So she laughed nervously, "I 'pose I-I tempts answers, heh. F-fail scare-Autumn b-b-etter-ken-Autumn. K-ken-know some stuffs 'bouts 'em and-and fami-fam-acquainted w-w-with other Courts' memba-embers, heh."

Well, she was friendly with Malory and Green, so that was Summer and Winter. Springs though, well, she wasn't sure that Mrs. Rosemary counted and she'd not seen Al-Adin for a long time.

E
    ErlangShen

Mr Hain and something to tune of "teeth" was what the Darkling managed to interpret. He shrugged. If it helped Morgan identify him from the other Sam, so be it.

The Gremlin stating he was Courtless was unexpected, "Has any Court attempted to recruit you? Or do you wish to join any?"

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Samuel shrugs slightly, happy that the Morgan woman had at least understood him. He thought. Not that he could return the favor. Someone should seriously give her some speech therapy. And english lessons, although her grammar was mostly okay. Maybe she just needed to learn some vocabulary. Maybe he should offer? Not that she looked like she'd trust him, she wasn't looking him in the eye. It made him a little nervous. "Oh, yeah, I'm not in any Court right now. Never really got 'poached' I guess." He shrugged again, looking at Hain this time. "Not really. Definitely not on the first one, and, uh, and not really on the second one."

He looked back at Morgan. She'd said something about helping him pick a Court, right? About...knowing Court members? 'Fail scare Autumn better ken Autumn'? Well...ken was an old word for know, he'd learned that much from reading books. Not that the rest of the sentence made any sense. Maybe she was saying she knew stuff about Autumn? No, that couldn't be it, that wouldn't need to be said. Sam's mind kept spinning in these circles until finally he shook it from side to side to chase the cyclical thoughts out of it and looked back up at Morgan, a confused look in his eyes. "Umm. Thanks? And, uh, yeah. If I ever really want to join a Court I'll be sure to, uh, pick your brain." Was that the right word? She seemed pretty nervous, 'pick your brain' would probably creepy her out a bit more. "I mean, ask you. Yes."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread