Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(FF14)Ava's table

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"I'm going to go explore the Fair some more. I might try to visit your table Marcus; I could use a knife. Thanks for the book Ava.

"It was nice meeting you Rick. Ma'am."

About to head out to see what else Autumn had to offer Daniel stops suddenly.

"Ava, do you think I could get your number? You know, in case I do end up needing to talk to you again?"
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Marcus Evan

PRE

The elemental nods in response to the darkling as he continues to thumb through a few of the books that had caught his eye.

"No complaints, mate. Go ahead and take a look. Everything on display has a price tag. If you see anything you want, you can just leave the cash in the metal box under the table. If you have any questions, or need to make a non-cash payment, just give me a high sign and I'll be right over."

Daniel might wonder at Marcus' trusting nature by apparently relying on the honor system in regard to his unattended merchandise and cash box. Then again, something about the metalflesh might give the impression that he would know if something went missing, and would probably have little trouble finding any thief foolish enough to steal from him. After all, he wasn't appointed the hunter of the longest day for nothing. Regardless, the hunter turns back to the scrivener in order to seal the deal on a quite different sort of business.

"No worries. I'm still interested if you are."

Glancing over at Green when Ava waves at him, Marcus notices that the mountain man is in the middle of a conversation with the wacky wall crawler from the memorial service and some guy he doesn't recognize. However, the elemental eventually shrugs in response to the beast's suggestion and gives her a questioning look as he replaces a few books and shows her the two plant identification guides that he likes.

"He looks busy at the moment, but it'd be nice if we could get things squared away by the end of the night. How much for these two?"

S
    Saeyer

She wasn't about to rush Green, especially as she imagined it would be hard to miss him moving toward the exit. Lowering her hand, her attention landed fully on those in front of her.

Rick's comment about the contents of the sign elicited a nod and a brief chuckle from the Nix. "Mm, yes! I love language, the intrinsic power of it, so pledges have always been of interest to me." Well aware that many people would be thoroughly turned off by any more of this 'intrinsic power of language' business, she stopped herself before sliding too far into that ditch. "Though, there aren't a lot of opportunities to flex those muscles."

The compliments from the Fairest, however, especially in her dulcet tones, left Ava a little flustered and her ears slowly began turning pink. "Ah, haha, I'm actually very boring," she said, semi-conspiratorially, to Rick. "It's always a pleasure, Aaren. Let me know if anything catches your eye." Despite the unfortunate feeling of aesthetic

At Daniel's request she began digging in her pocket for her pen. "Of course, let me see..." Producing an old, crumpled bus transfer, she jotted her number down with her name beside it. Holding it out to the Gravewight, smile unflagging, she reiterated her earlier sentiment: "Please, don't hesitate."

Checking out the titles Marcus held, she did a bit of quick math. "Fifteen for that one, and ten for the other- it's good, but the binding isn't holding up so well. And I agree, I'll make sure to get a moment of his time before the evening is over. "

The metalflesh pulls the cash out of his wallet and hands it to Ava with a nod of assent.

"Alright. Speaking of bindings, maybe we should swear a pledge to finish Green's book, so we're bound to actually get it done."

After Marcus gives her a teasing smirk, he notices another potential customer nosing around at his table and excuses himself.

"Looks like duty calls. Be right back."

The elemental gives Rick a playful slap on the shoulder and Aaren a gentle squeeze on the arm to let them each know that they can either stay here and catch up with him later, or follow him if they like. Tilting his head, the metalflesh signals to Daniel that the darkling is welcome to walk over to his table with him.

Marcus exits this conversation.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Thanks Ava," he says pocketing the number. With that, he accepts the Metalflesh's invitation and follows after Marcus.

Daniel exits the conversations
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

L

"Sometimes I wonder if he wasn't just using the pretzels as traps. He was paranoid enough for it..."

Man, he really did miss that gnarled old bastard.

But he hadn't come here to spend his entire time reminiscing, so he pulls himself back to the here and now. Marcus's shoulder slap helps with that, certainly, and he gives his friend a nod as he heads off towards his stall. They'd catch back up with one another again later, either here or at Harry's.

Ava's last comment towards him earns a slight chuckle, as he considers what she'd all said on the subject of Pledges. And Aaren gets a glance from him, "You forgot to mention her modesty."

And then it's on to the subject of pledges. "Pledgecrafting is an incredibly intriguing art, and an under-appreciated one. Especially given how much of our society rests upon it. There may not be a lot of opportunities to flex those muscles, but when their is...it can be pretty important." There had been more than one occasion, after all, where his analysis of the Freehold Pledge had been invaluable. "It's an area I like to study as well, as you might've guessed. Always nice to meet people who share that interest."

C
    Casitive

Aaren smiles prettily towards Marcus as he moves back towards his table, a quick communicative look and that is that.

Quipping in return, Aaren replies to Rick, “But that would spoil the surprise.” Her smile returns in full and the Fairest glances back at Ava taking special interest in the whole business of pledgecrafting, “I should learn a bit about that myself. I deal in contracts of the mundane sort all the time, with artists and with clients. Seems like a natural segue.” A questioning look blossoms on the Fairest's face as she asks, “Do either of you know where – or how – I should start learning about it?

Maybe Ava had a book the Searce could borrow. A quick, searching glance of Ava's wares considers the question in mind.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Aaren!" Coco suddenly interrupted, prancing into the conversation. "I found an Artist for you!" she continued, coming to a stop and gesturing with a healthy amount of flourish behind her, toward a remarkably pale, indigo highlighted woman ( Catherine Brume ). "This is Catherine! An artist, and soon to be a guest in my home. And Catherine," she continued, transferring the gesture to the Gandharva, "this is Aaren Eloi, Searce of Spring, a most remarkable orator, and a dear friend!" She paused, taking a moment (and a breath) to regard the other Lost present, and then redirected the gesture to Rick and Ava. "Ah! And allow me to introduce you to Ava Campbell, savior of children and champion over the Hedge, and Rick Pereg, a long time resident of our fair freehold! Ava, Rick, Catherine!" she finished, hands flitting back over to indicate the Artist so that introductions would be complete.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

S
    Saeyer

Tucking Marcus' cash in her pocket, she grinned and nodded in agreement about potentially putting a Pledge together based around the illustrated book. Yes, that would certainly help. She gave a small wave to both the Metalflesh and Daniel as they left.

As Rick spoke she did indeed begin to get the feeling he had a vested interest in Pledgecrafting, and the smile on her face grew wider still. "I did guess that, actually, and I couldn't be more delighted." Aaren's question made her eyebrows furrow briefly; where did a person begin? She shot an inquisitive glance to the Elemental, curious about what suggestions he might have.

"Personally, I came from the direction of poetics, and how a carefully chosen word can change, or twist, the meaning of a piece; sometimes without the reader noticing until they've read it several times. If you're coming from more legal language, I imagine you'd have a good eye for when people are trying to build in linguistic loopholes for themselves." Noting the Fairest's eyes on the table of books, she gave them a quick glance herself, but shook her head. "Sorry, I don't think I have anything particularly useful here, except some fairytales where I believe deals are made; Rumplestiltskin, etc etc. Might be an interesting read for some of the classic elements, but, y'know, not many people ask for your first born in day to day Pledges." Hopefully.

Coco's arrival was right on the heels of Maredrauga's summons, and while it didn't make for a very natural segue, it would work. The Scrivener flashed her fish-toothed smile to Catherine and raised a thin hand. "Nice to meet you, Catherine, and Coco, always exciting. I hate to run, but we've been summoned by Ms. Jasons. I'll be back soon; please, feel free to look through any of the books." Excusing herself from the table, the Nix allowed a look of strained resignation to flow over her face before wiping it away. Savior of children, indeed.

Ava moves to Ms. Jasons' table

L

Rick had to ponder Aaren's question for a few seconds, not having an easy answer for it. "Hmm...I can't direct you anywhere specific for instruction, I'm afraid. I was self-taught, not tutored or anything. But I'd say Ava definitely mentioned the things that someone has to pay close attention to in order to craft pledges well. How one word can twist things completely. Or how loopholes could be included, intentionally or otherwise. It's a matter of making sure you can identify those loopholes, or any ambiguity in the wording. And to be able to eliminate it as necessary. Because those are certainly things that another party, or the Wyrd itself, can and will take advantage of."

His head swivels slightly to the side as Maredruga issues Betony's summons. And he offers a slight, apologetic, smile to the two Changelings who had just arrived. "Ahh, sorry to duck away just as soon as you've arrived. But Ava's right, it does seem like our presence has been requested elsewhere. Excuse me, please."

And with that Rick ducks away, making his way over to the Ascendant Queen.

Rick leavesto make his way over to Betony Rue's table.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread