Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(FF14) Betony Rue's Table

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

The ogress folds a knitted scarf in subdued earth tones and places it on the table before making eye contact. Although her menacing gaze tests the courage of any potential customers, she is more than willing to describes even the minutest detail of the knitted items she has on display. In addition to the wool hats, scarves, gloves, and sweaters in plain view, she has a few select items off to the side for anyone looking for something out of the ordinary.

"Everything you see is one-of-a-kind and knitted by hand. I don't hold with any of that mass-produced nonsense."

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

"And it is always good to attend such events as you get to know the latest arrivals to the city." Tally replies to Ms Jasons. As Ms Jasons mentions Pledges, she decides to do hers now.

With that, she takes a look at the offered items upon the table. She's also listening to the others, more then willing to add her two cents, at least until she leaves this table and check out the other tables.

"Yes, Ms. Benoit. There always seem to be one or two new faces lurking about, and it is always wise to remain abreast of the comings and going within our freehold."

Betony Rue somehow manages not to snag her hooked fingers in the wool as she flattens out the scarf on the table.

"I have not seen you call upon Mr. Tickle recently, but I assume you are still assisting him with his business venture. I hope you are finding that satisfactory."

C
    C_Lloyd

After swearing the Oath, Krumm remained at the table of the Autumn Queen. "Thank you for the opportunity, Ms. Jasons." He slowly walked around her table, examining her wares, both mundane and otherwise. "If it is not too much, I would like to have your advice on something. Do you mind if I stay and talk with you for a while?"

On the part of the table set aside for the special merchandise, Tally and Krumm will notice a knit cap, a long, multi-colored scarf, a very thick and utilitarian-looking sweater, as well as a delicate lace choker with an interesting inset ivory cameo. They can tell from little impossible details here and there that these items must be hedgespun. After all, knit caps don't normally have bloody skulls knitted into them that leer and grimace at you when you pick them up. For that matter, regular scarves don't typically have small red and gold leaves or miniature full, ripe fruit growing out of them, and if they aren't mistaken, they are both almost positive that they have never seen a sweater knitted out of coarsely spun fire and smoke at the Gap. And to top it all off, the elegant woman carved into the cameo on the lace collar just stuck her tongue out at them. Yeah, they're pretty sure that these might indeed be hedgespun.

"Not in the least Mr. Krumm. You may tell me what is troubling you and I shall give you my honest opinion."

As she turns her yellowed and veiny eyes back to Krumm, the ogress almost gives the impression that she isn't secretly calculating exactly how much raw material she could extract from his eviscerated corpse. Almost. The Witch Queen must be pleased with the turn out. After all, she appears to be in a relatively good mood this afternoon.

6. Likes Lesingnon, Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

Ogre did his best to hold back his apprehension, though it was largely futile. Her terrifying presence combined with her overwhelming Autumn Mantle was more than enough to cause the Ogre enough discomfort to show signs of anxiety.

"I don't want to waste your time, so I will be blunt. I have a fetch here in Sacramento. It has my family, and I want to kill it. But I don't want to run off hand cocked and get myself, my family, or the freehold hurt. So I'd like to ask, where can I learn more about fetches, and how to deal with them?"

Krumm examines the wares on the table, eyeing the skull-knit cap. It seemed fitting somehow. He'd have to ask about that later.

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

"I haven't had many asking for personal serves of my employer, Ms Jasons." Tally informs Ms Jasons. "I do not know if anyone mentioned the Hob that took up residents at the Quicksilver but it was handled masterfully by Aaren, who talked the Hob out of staying, reminding him that none of the general populations would know what to make of the items let alone what their true worth is."

Tally turns to Krumm as the Ogre mentions having a Fetch. Which brings up memories of a pass Ash Run where they hunted that particular Fetch living in a Hollow in the Hedge. She still in possession selected Fetch Trifles, ones she's never used nor have gotten around to trading.

Glancing towards Ms Jasons, she decides to wait until the current Queen has spoken before asking questions to Krumm concern the problem.

The Dread Lady of Autumn narrows her eyes when Krumm mentions his fetch. However, noticing his attention drawn to the knitted hat, she gestures toward it before answering his question.

"The skullcap can look a little intimidating, but it will keep you warm and might be of some use in situations where you find that a little coercion is necessary. Now, as for your replacement, you must be certain that you wish to destroy it. There are those who whisper that a fetch is not simply a simulacrum of shadow and deceit, but rather a dark reflection of the changeling it resembles and might actually hold a portion of one's lost soul."

Betony Rue allows him a moment or two to reflect on her words before she continues.

"Of course, most would agree that fetches are just ambulatory heaps of refuse wrapped in a scrap of shade and enchanted to give them the mere illusion of life. You might agree if you have ever seen what is left behind when a fetch's existence is terminated. As you can see, I am afraid that I am only able to provide you with theory and speculation on this particular subject. You might wish to speak with Mr. Pereg and Mr. Evans about this topic."

The ogress points out two elementals talking to each other as they wander around the hollow. She then indicates a beast who appears to be selling scarves to a fairest at a nearby table.

"Or, you might also find a conversation with Ms. Nutkins fruitful. All three of them were involved in an Ashen Run which resulted in the destruction of an odious fetch of considerable strength. If I remember correctly, I believe it was even Ms. Nutkins who struck the final blow. However, you might find their first hand knowledge from such an experience of more use than my hypotheses and conjectures."

Turning her attention toward Tally, Betony Rue frowns a bit at the news of the intrusion into the freehold commons. As she speaks, the Autumn Queen gets a queer look on her face, as if she had just found something unexpected and unnoticed underfoot.

"I had heard nothing more than rumors, so I am glad to hear that Ms. Eloi handled the situation so efficiently. But tell me, Ms. Benoit, were you not also involved in the Ashen Run which finally put an end to Peter Milford's fetch?"

The ogress appears to flinch as she pronounces the name of the inhuman murderer that had once terrorized the boarding house that is her home.

10. Likes Forn Clakes, Whisper liked this post

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Fast Reflexes •

Beast Blessing:

Curse:

Kith Blessing:

PRE

"I was and I am still in possession of Trifles that had been of the body." Tally answers. "As the killing blow was dealt... Fleeting visions made themselves viewed, experienced."

"Peter's Fetch had become a monstrous thing and among the things the both of them did..." She shakes her head, it had been enough to shatter a part of her. She had recovered from the event but that didn't stop it from being imprinted upon her memories. "It canceled Contracts, absorbed Glamour, and called in some Hobgoblins to come to its aid."

"Terri called it after the dragon or snake that eats its own tail, an Ouroboros." Fitting name as among of those visions had the Fetch eating other Fetches as well as Changelings. Tally muses upon, her eyes looking down at the table while her gaze is currently focus inwards.

C
    C_Lloyd

Krumm listened to the Autumn Queen carefully, absorbing her every word.

Krumm couldn't imagine a situation where destroying the fetch-creature would be off of the table. It made sense that it would hold a portion of his soul, but even so, as long as he existed he would never be able to hold his son or make love to his wife. It had to go, one way or another. He takes a good look at the individuals pointed out by Betony Rue, and nodded in their directions.

When Tally gave her testimony, he nodded. Sounds like this wasn't a one man job, and he should not rely on his abilities as a lost. That was doable. He was certain the other summer courtiers would help, at least. He considered briefly that Terri may have meant that the Lost pursuing his fetch is akin to the Ouroboros, but again, it did not matter.

"Thank you both for sharing with me. If there is anything I can do to help you, I would gladly repay the favor."

He picked up the skull-cap and rubbed his hand across the skulls, getting a feel for the texture. "What about the other items? The Scarf and the Sweater?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread